• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Everything You need to Know AMD & NVIDIA

Caporegime
I think I would have preferred it if you had done two separate threads, one for AMD and one for NVidia with links to each other. This would have helped with stopping any potential AMD v NVidia debates.

I think this way's better, because in separate threads, you'd get fanboy galore, and you'd just have two threads of hyperbole.

Man of Honour
I think this way's better, because in separate threads, you'd get fanboy galore, and you'd just have two threads of hyperbole.

I hope this thread does work, if done well it could be very useful to people.

I also hope the Dons are also very strict in this thread to keep things in check. Is there anyway when the Dons delete posts that they can take the empty spaces with them as this rather spoils the look of a thread.

Soldato
OP
fair big update, Working on Nvidia stuff now & also running Mutiple Video streams to learn things I may have missed

lot of developer videos. as you can imagine this thread will take time so don't beat me for taking time doing the Nvidia or AMD sections ive probably put in 4 hours+ into this so far

Associate
I hope this thread does work, if done well it could be very useful to people.

I also hope the Dons are also very strict in this thread to keep things in check. Is there anyway when the Dons delete posts that they can take the empty spaces with them as this rather spoils the look of a thread.

Is it possible for this to be a beta version of a definitive thread? Once everyone has had their say and Smogsy has decided what's relevant, perhaps a new clean thread can take it's place? (hope this wouldn't make more work for you Smogsy:o feel free to tell me to keep my opinions to myself:p)

Soldato
OP
Is it possible for this to be a beta version of a definitive thread? Once everyone has had their say and Smogsy has decided what's relevant, perhaps a new clean thread can take it's place? (hope this wouldn't make more work for you Smogsy:o feel free to tell me to keep my opinions to myself:p)

you mean a copy/paste of the first post then close stickie it? not a bad idea at all :D

Caporegime
found a lot of cringe worthy stuff both of Nvidia & AMD thats why i had a few breaks lol

Some of it annoys me, but as I'm predominately an AMD owner, I see their stuff more.

I bet tons of people are oblivious to the fact that bridgeless Crossfire isn't something new.

It reminds me of Sony, they had motion sensors with Six Axis, but they made a new motion thing, it's like "Did you guys forget you already had that feature?!"

Caporegime
Some of it annoys me, but as I'm predominately an AMD owner, I see their stuff more.

I bet tons of people are oblivious to the fact that bridgeless Crossfire isn't something new.

It reminds me of Sony, they had motion sensors with Six Axis, but they made a new motion thing, it's like "Did you guys forget you already had that feature?!"

It makes sense to have it bridgeless these days because of the increased pci-e bandwidth. 16GB of bandwidth on pci-e 2.0 x16 and 32GB for pci-3.0 x16, but only 900MB on a Xfire/SLI bridge.

Caporegime
It makes sense to have it bridgeless these days because of the increased pci-e bandwidth. 16GB of bandwidth on pci-e 2.0 x16 and 32GB for pci-3.0 x16, but only 900MB on a Xfire/SLI bridge.

Which is ironic, given AMD's aversion to PCI-E 3.0 on their "flagship" AM3+ platform, which means it's Intel allowing them to do that :p

So XDMA Crossfire on an AMD AM3+ set up has an instant disadvantage.

It'd be interesting if someone did bridgeless Crossfire on a 7970 using PCI-E 3.0.

Caporegime
Which is ironic, given AMD's aversion to PCI-E 3.0 on their "flagship" AM3+ platform, which means it's Intel allowing them to do that :p

So XDMA Crossfire on an AMD AM3+ set up has an instant disadvantage.

It'd be interesting if someone did bridgeless Crossfire on a 7970 using PCI-E 3.0.

I'm running on pci-e 2.0 x16 x16 and previously i was using x8 x8. I got a small boost in benchmarks (few hundred points in Valley) but theres not much difference. For the non benchmarker pci-e 2.0 is still up to the job.

Back
Top Bottom