***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Thats good news indeed as a side note, not sure if you will know this as yours doesnt have the logo's on it, but do you reckon they will be easy to remove? quite like the look of the plain black.

I'm not sure about removing the logos, not something I would to attempt myself. I will be getting them in the future just plain after my second batch arrives (mid June) as I think that is how they will only come anyway (some legal issue).

You always get a j-wrap and customise yourself if you really want to cover up the logos. I quite like the look of the snake skin.

Underboss
Can't seem to get my Ohms low, did x6 coils with 32 gauge wire and got 3.8O, used an M3 screw to get the coils.

Is there some sort of trick I am missing, more wraps? Less wraps?

Underboss
Thanks NirK - next time will try 3/4 wraps of the 32 gauge then. Might have to squeeze them together a little better.

Trial and error until I get it right. Enjoying this new hobby.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
As a point of reference Josh, This was my first microcoil i did, not the tidiest I'd admit, but hey.

.3, 9 wraps on an M3 - 1.6Ohms. Is what I prefer.

I give you my first microcoil! :D

.3 Kanthal 9 wraps, and cotton - 1.6ohms.

On the screw...

amJyAxH.jpg.png

The end result...

kTGs3Lu.jpg.png

Forgot to take a pic of the end result with the cotton in but you get the idea. :)

Vapes like a beast!

Soldato
Never knew there was so many vapers on here. My current set-up is a Nucleic DNA30 with a KFL+ atty. Currently running a 1.3 ohm microcoil with cotton wick, with T-Juice Red Astaire. Lovely vape.

Pictured with Old coil and different e-liquid though...

Soldato
That's a gorgeous mod dude! How much did it set you back if you don't mind me asking?

Anyone else suddenly thought to themselves at a point in their vaping time that they are spending far too much money on the hobby? I must have spent upwards of £180 last month, it's obscene!

Made my first big batch of DIY liquids this afternoon, very satisfying and very easy to do, besides the fact it saves a heap of money! :p

Soldato
It cost me £145 + p+p. But the guy doesn't make them anymore, so they are even rarer now. Not that they weren't rare before. Think there is less than 20-30 made total.

Underboss
As a point of reference Josh, This was my first microcoil i did, not the tidiest I'd admit, but hey.

.3, 9 wraps on an M3 - 1.6Ohms. Is what I prefer.

Ta bud, just did another micro coil on a tiny screwdriver, did x6 wraps of .32 and still got 3+.

Going to try x9 - 10 around an M3 next time.

You may need thicker wire, 32 is a little thin. What are you aiming for, and what atty is it for?

Something around 1.3-1.8 would do, the atty is a kayfun lite.

Last edited:
Soldato
Using the wire resistence program. (download it here, its good https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxGcL1JOoEcyb2JRUGNKUFZpSDg/edit?pli=1 )
Using 32awg or 0.2mm kanthal with 5mm legs to the connectors
7 wraps around a 1.4mm bit or nail will get you 2.1oHms
to get 1.7oHms you would need a 1mm drill bit with 7 wraps.

The wire is just too thin to get down to lower ohms around 1.3. (5 wraps around a 1mm bit)
Have you tried doubling the wire to increase the thickness?
There are guides on youtube to do it, but basically you attach about a foot of wire thats been folded in half into a drill.
And holding opposite end with pliers you start the drill slowly and wrap the wire around each other so it looks like rope.
This should half the resistence of the wire iirc.

Soldato
Ta bud, just did another micro coil on a tiny screwdriver, did x6 wraps of .32 and still got 3+.

Going to try x9 - 10 around an M3 next time.

Something around 1.3-1.8 would do, the atty is a kayfun lite.

I make a microcoil of about 6-7 wraps of 0.25 around a 2.5mm drill bit and get 1.4 which I find perfect on my kayfun. It's a nice width. 0.3 kanthal needs more wraps to get there which makes it too wide IMO. It chokes the cotton. 0.25 and 0.3 kanthal is easier to work with than smaller ones as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom