Anyone shop at Aldi?

Permabanned
I buy allot of stuff in aldi mosty food i cant get anywhere else or its cheaper and i just grab it when i am there
What i buy at aldi:
1. long life milk skimmed x20 each month same price as tesco but got that smart cap :p
2. Around 20 fat free yogurts 55p vs tescos 1.10 its 2x more
3. 10 boxes of wheat shreds that got 0% sugar added cant get that in tesco as all got sugar inside :/
4. Chicken pieces quorn its base of my weekly high protein diet

and whatever else i need its always there. On that not i do spend around 40 pounds on food a week for myself. Healthy eating cost moar moneyzzzz.
TBH i shop all over the place. I got specific stuff i buy in asda i cant get in my local tesco ---> those awesome doubledecker pizzas or 99.9% africa imported penut butter with no sugar added

I am very food fussy and got time to find what i want :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't double park - you'll attract people like me who'll park 2 inches from your driver's door to prove a point. :p
Climbing over your nice new interior isn't fun.

Places like Aldi tend to have rather inadequate parking, don't be part of the problem.

Permabanned
I go there anyway, but it's annoying that the supermarkets don't match their £1 for milk.

It used to be great before rich people decided that they needed to save some money for Jeremy's and Isobelle's education, because now Mater is rocking up at the tills with a trolley full of bargain lobster and it takes hours to pay for stuff.

Caporegime
Waitrose are kings of the last half hour.

I kind of been forced into it because they close at 9pm and before 8pm their car park costs £1.60 an hour to park unless you spend £20 to validate the parking.

Being the stingy git that i am i rather not being held ransom to have to spend £20 (even if i am) and not want to pay £1.60 to park at a supermarket. So I go after 8pm, generally get there around 8:20 or so.

Free parking and bargain foods !

Anything i want they don't have I'll pop over the Sainsbury's which is only another minute drive away and they close at 10pm, even more bargains lol

I actually have to drive past Tesco and Lidi to go to Sainsbury's as well.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
...so obviously I had to park my Audi in the middle of two bays to avoid doors slamming into it.
lol, get over yourself. It's hardly an R8, is it?

But yes, I've shopped at Aldi twice - both times because it was the only thing opened locally on a public holiday.
Fresh fruit and veg, unimpressive. Packaged cold cuts and cheese are good.
The bread was excellent.

Wouldn't shop there normally though over Sainsbury's or whatever though mainly due to choice and quality.

Soldato
Some of the fruit and veg from Aldi doesn't seem to last very long but going from around £40-45 a week shopping at Asda to Aldi which is now around £30, quite a tidy saving. The meats are always nice, the steaks in there are really good!

See the car parking comment after posting. What a douche, if anything that would make people want to do it. Get off your high horse, no one cares about your car. Not us on here nor the people in Aldi.

Last edited:
Associate
I don't do my weekly shop at Aldi, but I do go there quite often. Your right they do have some cracking bargains, it's always worth while checking over their flier I get through the door so see if there's anything that takes my fancy.

Caporegime
the real savings of course come from raiding the bins behind the back of the stores and didn't a judge ruling mean you are extremely unlikely to be prosecuted for stealing perfectly fine thrown away food items?

Permabanned
Aldi, Lidl and Netto are the main supermarkets in Nordic countries so why not use them here? The Aldi mama Mia baby nappies are very good, save a fortune!

Associate
The only downside seems to be that the carpark was full of old scrappers and the place is in Union Street, Plymouth (roughest part of town) so obviously I had to park my Audi in the middle of two bays to avoid doors slamming into it.

Urgh, aren't poor people just disgusting?

Soldato
Go to Aldi quite often though some things like their smoked mackeral are chocked full of bones and makes for a miserable time eating them. Their specials are usually good and I look out for their cycling specials. The fingerless cycling gloves are much more comfortable than my Castellis. Got a bike stand for £30 the other week and its pretty good! Bargain price.

Their checkouts are always terribly undermanned though and you can end up waiting ages.

Back
Top Bottom