** European League Thread (Spain/Germany/France etc) **

Caporegime
lolol

to be fair, from the replay it's beyond the post and he's spinning around to get the ball moving away from him, not that easy to cut it back the other way from where he was. James with another terrible shot that then dropped to benzema.

Vela is a beast when he gets on the ball, that run into the opposition box against Bale and Pepe and Ramos was it. He manages to keep the ball when running like that all the time, he makes it to places not many others would and he's barely played any time yet this season. INjured and missed all preseason and only been a sub in the last game I think.

EDIT:- epic result considering the 2-0 headstart they handed Real on a platter. Poor from Real in the second half all around.

Kroos and James haven't done anything so far for Real that makes them seem good buys, yes early days but neither of these are inexperienced 19-21year olds, 23/24 with plenty of games behind them... James I really didn't see much last season at all. Kroos I thought was a poor buy for the wages on offer. Someone who thinks he is way way better than he really is. 5 long range goals a season from 350 shots that are laid on a plate for him from an excellent team. Kroos as a "replacement" for Alonso is mental.

He's pretty dodgy defensively, took of Modric instead of Kroos and brought on Khedira instead of Mendi. Mendi is the only out and out defensive midfielder they have, and after conceded 3 goals they bring on a not very strong defensively Khedira? Mental. They paid more for Mendi than for Kroos and he's supposed to be Alonso's successor, so play him you idiots.

Considering they refuse to play him Utd could do way way worse(and Arsenal, and a bunch of other teams) than loan him in, given games to get back in form he was excellent for Sociedad in the season they qualified for the CL.

Honestly I don't know how anyone watches Sociedad and doesn't pick up half the players on the cheap.

Last edited:
Caporegime
the sociedad game was epic and a great win but, Real 2-0 up so early with loads more great chances before Sociedad remembered they were a football team and took the game back to them.... they shouldn't have in a million years lost that game.

James has been disappointing so far and the team look less good with him playing. Defensively Kroos has done nothing for them, it's not like Alonso was great, he broke up the play well with constant fouling more than genuinely good defensive play but that worked for Real. How long will it be till James or Kroos are dropped is the real question.

Kroos for Mendi or, they could drop James and push Kroos further forward, he can shoot even more from 20-30yards out while missing the target, but he'd be less of a defensive liability.

A Kroos/Modric "holding" midfield, or deeper midfield pair is just.... pathetic, for a top team. Pepe has played in a defensive midfield role before, I can't remember if that was under Mourinho he tried it a bit or before that. He's certainly add some bite in there and Varane is pretty much the better CB anyway. Mendi won't improve if he's not playing though. He was great at Sociedad, they paid big money for him then benched him, the few chances he gets he doesn't look good as he's barely played at all in over a year now. if they gave him starts he'd probably be back to form in 5-10 games and potentially their starting DM for the next decade.

Soldato
7 goals so far between parma and milan. Milan down to 10 men. This isn't italian football!

EDIT

Parma down to 10 now :D

EDIT EDIT

5 - 3 Milan now :eek:

EDIT EDIT EDIT

5 - 4 now. Diego Lopez gets cramp and cant deal with a backpass for an own goal! :D No more subs allowed. 6 mins of stoppage time! Ridiculous game of football.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom