** MASSIVE NVIDIA PRICE DROP!!! **

Soldato
why don't you read the t's and c's on the site instead of moaning in a thread.

14 Days / Satisfaction Guaranteed
If you wish to cancel your order and return it for a full refund, you have up to a total of 14 days to contact us after the final receipt of your order.

You must inform us in writing if you wish to cancel your order. This can be done through the forums, by webnote, fax or post.

You must return the goods within 14 days of notifying us of the cancellation. We will reimburse you within 14 days of receipt of the goods using the same means of payment as you used when placing the order.

Unfortunately we cannot cover all unforeseeable costs and you will have to pay for the return of any unwanted goods you are returning. Please package the goods properly and ship them in a separate outer box, including all packaging, cables, manuals, drivers and protective bags, however small.

You are liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop. We will deduct this amount from the value of the refund.

We regret that we cannot accept cancellations of computer software if it is unsealed. Accessories and promotional items are part of the order and must be returned to ensure a full refund is given. Free games codes should be unused and still hidden.
Back to main

14 day satisfaction hasn't been on our website for nearly 6 months the normal period is now 14 days we just did it earlier.

for 99% of customers nothing has changed. Unless you're part of the 1% you have nothing to worry about.

So can we please bring this topic back on topic and can you please refer any concerns regarding returns refunds and how the changes to distance selling regulations affect you as a consumer to the customer service section of the forum.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh wow, is that really any way to be speaking to customers of the business you work for?

We're not moaning, we're asking questions, it's lovely that you see that as moaning though, I'm sure it fills everyone who reads it with warmth and confidence.

If you had read the thread and the messages that led up to the questions being asked, maybe you wouldn't have had to make the post you just made, and instead tried to be a bit more helpful and less condescending and aggressive.

Gibbo mentioned restocking fees, hence questions being asked. You haven't addressed the questions about restocking fees, and instead just suggested that we're "moaning".

Soldato
These changes were made in june. The fact you haven't noticed means not much has changed.

If you send a 980 back in smashed packaging that we can't resell for almost full price you will be expected to compensate us for our loss due to your lack of care.

If you open a monitor decide it's too big then fair enough package it up and send it back as you received it we aren't talking broken seals here we are talking the equivalent of wearing the boxer shorts and sending them back dirty under DSR.

Please refer any concerns to the customer service section of the forum and keep discussion on the subject in the title.

Soldato
This is no longer the case, DSR is no more it is consumer contract relations and if the product is used and cannot be resold as new a restocking fee shall be applied.

Urrgh, so buying monitors on-line is back to being Russian roulette? :(

Didn't know about this and bought a monitor for my G/F from OCUK the other week, luckily no pixel faults /phew but if I had know I would have bought elsewhere.

Soldato
If you open a monitor decide it's too big then fair enough package it up and send it back as you received it we aren't talking broken seals here we are talking the equivalent of wearing the boxer shorts and sending them back dirty under DSR.

Lol, analogy win, should be in the gov FAQs :D

Soldato
Urrgh, so buying monitors on-line is back to being Russian roulette? :(

Didn't know about this and bought a monitor for my G/F from OCUK the other week, luckily no pixel faults /phew but if I had know I would have bought elsewhere.

Same. Too much risk involved. Would rather go elsewhere.

If you open a monitor decide it's too big then fair enough package it up and send it back as you received it we aren't talking broken seals

Surely opening a monitor would be breaking the seals even if you never turn it on but just take it out of its packaging?

So what about in store purchases? If I collect from your shop after ordering online where do we stand? Obviously you now can't use an item but what about returning a seal unused item?

Associate
Same. Too much risk involved. Would rather go elsewhere.

Surely opening a monitor would be breaking the seals even if you never turn it on but just take it out of its packaging?

So what about in store purchases? If I collect from your shop after ordering online where do we stand? Obviously you now can't use an item but what about returning a seal unused item?

Yes, he was saying broken seals don't matter.

Soldato
Here is a response in another thread from our Technical manager

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18464532

Hi,

DSR ceased to exist when the new Consumer Contracts Regulations came in place on the 13th of June.

They basically extended the original 7day period to 14days, they also amened our right to, not refund the whole amount that was originally paid for the item, this is to take into the account of fair usage that would be expected when purchasing an item from a shop.

For example, if you bought a laptop from Argos or somewhere like that you wouldn't expect to open all the accessories power it up, register it and play a few games then take it back to them and expect a refund. I know in some circumstances that may have occurred but it would be an exception not the rule.

Online purchases are a little different as it is selling from a distance, however if the item is used, more than an inspection that would be carried out in a retail store, we are allowed to make deductions in the refund amount to take into consideration the losses that will occur by having to re-stock a used item and possibly sold at a loss.

We always aim to be fair at OcUK and we take each case on the merits of that particular case, we don't simply apply a blanket reduction on everything that is returned in this way. All we state is that as a company we may reduce the refund amount by upto 25%, which totally depends on what the item is and what condition it comes back to us in.

I hope that may clear things up a little for everyone.

Caporegime
But your own support section on the website states a full refund. (Which I thought was totally hilarious with your "outburst" of stop moaning and read)
Hell, I've just posted in the CS section, and they said full refund.

No stipulations, and then here you are with upto 25% refund reductions stipulation!

But hey, we're just moaning!

Soldato
Stop moaning Martini! :mad:

My question about the in store Satisfaction Guarantee has been ignored too, but no surprise there, it's just because I'm moaning!

Multiple staff are saying multiple things and we're being spoken to like this by TwsT...

Oh lawd

Soldato
But your own support section on the website states a full refund. (Which I thought was totally hilarious with your "outburst" of stop moaning and read)
Hell, I've just posted in the CS section, and they said full refund.

No stipulations, and then here you are with upto 25% refund reductions stipulation!

But hey, we're just moaning!

I saw your post and died inside when he said that. :/

I'm quoting our returns manager he ultimately sets the rules in accordance with the regulations.

FYI since June we've applied the charge to 4 incidents. out of hundreds of items a week. Only 4 have been charged.

we really are talking extreme cases and for most people it will not be a concern.

we've taken back a fair few swifts under DSR full refund.

Soldato
That also changed in June,

I really don't understand how any of this has suddenly become an issue when the law changed and was quite openly discussed back in June.

Back
Top Bottom