** MASSIVE NVIDIA PRICE DROP!!! **

Soldato
Everyone be like....

takemymoney.gif

But the site is kaput :(

Perhaps they ought to get whoever runs HUKD to give them some advice on website stuff - that page must take more of a hammering than ocuk does?

Soldato
Christ, Nvidia must have been making a serious amount off each card to allow this kind of cut.

Is the site down? Cant veiw anything. Can select a category but the page is white where the products should be.

Keeping old stock around when the pricing on the new gear is very good makes little sense. Great deals tbh

Soldato

EDIT: Incorrect reference to DSR deleted, see post below regarding new regulations.

In your position I would write to the etailor explaining what you did and that you would prefer if they could offer you some cashback instead of you returning it causing hassle for both parties. OCUK have done this for people in this past as they are awesome, others might not be so good.

Last edited:
Associate
There's no restocking fee and now that you have the DSR number you actually have 30 days to return it, you just party postage (doesn't matter that you've opened (or actually even if you don't have the box any more :eek:) and tested it as this is specifically what the regulations allow - distance purchasers to view the product in person before buying it effectively). In your position I would write to the etailor explaining what you did and that you would prefer if they could offer you some cashback instead of you returning it causing hassle for both parties. OCUK have done this for people in this past as they are awesome, others might not be so good.

Actually consumer contract regulations replaced distance selling regulations and most of what you said is now not the law.

Associate
is that kfa2 780 a reference pcb with just a cheaper cooler, looking to add a wb to one but its currently not appearing on ek's cooling configuartor

Associate
Interesting dilemma as I now have GTX760.
A single 970 is almost £300, but I should be able to get £100 for my 760.
Otoh for £150 I can get a boxed 760 for an SLI setup, which in theory should be a little faster than a single 970 at 1080p?

OcUK Staff
OP
There's no restocking fee and now that you have the DSR number you actually have 30 days to return it, you just party postage (doesn't matter that you've opened (or actually even if you don't have the box any more :eek:) and tested it as this is specifically what the regulations allow - distance purchasers to view the product in person before buying it effectively). In your position I would write to the etailor explaining what you did and that you would prefer if they could offer you some cashback instead of you returning it causing hassle for both parties. OCUK have done this for people in this past as they are awesome, others might not be so good.

This is no longer the case, DSR is no more it is consumer contract relations and if the product is used and cannot be resold as new a restocking fee shall be applied.

Soldato
This is no longer the case, DSR is no more it is consumer contract relations and if the product is used and cannot be resold as new a restocking fee shall be applied.

Just having read them they are interesting!

Have you guys got rid of your high charge phone numbers in line with those guidelines for people wanting to return products?

From 13 June 2014 a call to a mail order company or high-street retailer about a faulty item is no longer allowed to incur a Service Charge such as that found on calls to 0844, 0845, and 0871 numbers. Charges above the basic rate will still be allowed for services that don’t form part of the contract, such as technical support. Businesses are also still free to use such numbers for sales lines, if they so wish.

Soldato
Just having read them they are interesting!

Have you guys got rid of your high charge phone numbers in line with those guidelines for people wanting to return products?

From 13 June 2014 a call to a mail order company or high-street retailer about a faulty item is no longer allowed to incur a Service Charge such as that found on calls to 0844, 0845, and 0871 numbers. Charges above the basic rate will still be allowed for services that don’t form part of the contract, such as technical support. Businesses are also still free to use such numbers for sales lines, if they so wish.

UK Phone Numbers
• All telephone Enquries - 01782 444455
International Phone Numbers • All telephone Enquiries International - +44 1782 444455

Calls charged at standard rate, contact your service provider for more information. Lines are open 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 5.00pm Saturday.

OMG, you have. Congrats :)

Back
Top Bottom