Alan Henning killed.

Soldato
Just disgusting, and the sad thing is, even with international military 'intervention' and assistance I don't see this ending any time soon. Mean, realistically this 'Middle East' mess (to put a generic label on this is utterly illogical I know, but for the sakes of simplicity) has been going on for decades now.

Soldato
Not so sure publicity is a bad thing - sometimes you need to justify a military response in the hearts and minds of the public. Stories like this do paint a picture. Without stories like this, how the hell do you know what our boys and girls are fighting for if they get involved?

Yeah, can't really argue against that to be honest. There really is no 'correct' answer.

Soldato
RIP to a brave and noble man.

You ISIS scum are not fit to walk the same earth as I am. You are not fit to breathe the same air as I do. You are not fit to see the same sunrise as I do. You are an utter, UTTER disgrace to all of humanity and to all religion including your own twisted and unrecognisable version of Islam.

Caporegime
:(

He was the only non-muslim in his convoy, the other convoy members have only ever spoken highly about him; talking about how he was always helping others out, slept in his vehicle as he wanted to save money so it could go towards the Syrian people... nicknamed 'Gadget' AFAIK because he was helping/fixing things. Even resulted in some rather more anti-western/extreme UK based clerics appealing directly for this guy's release...

ISIS are utter utter scumbags

Soldato
Done some work as an electrician for Muslim families this week.
Most are decent folk who show me kind hospitality.

Alan Henning had many UK Muslim friends.
This is terrible act to a selfless man.

Come on UK Muslims, stand up and be counted.

Oppose this threat, I am genuinely sure that this is an extremist group, it's time for the UK silent majority to be heard.

Associate
Annoyingly the other ISIS thread is now closed because some fool couldn't keep his emotions in check and started talking whack. It seems we all have to operate in line with the lowest common denominator.

The whole state of affairs is very sad, but given their modus operandi and intended end game, I think the rest of the world really has to do something about ISIS, because they probably won't ever stop and they've built up some pretty good momentum so far.

Soldato
What is it about history that it regularly throws up these entire peoples who are so warped against any kind of rational approach to humanity that they must be destroyed or destroy all?

Associate
What is it about history that it regularly throws up these entire peoples who are so warped against any kind of rational approach to humanity that they must be destroyed or destroy all?

I wonder if there is a "ground zero" mind? I.e. the person who first starts a particular fanatical regime. If such a thing existed and it was possible it would be interesting to trace something like this back to it's roots and see what the person was like and why they started on that path.

Soldato
I wonder if there is a "ground zero" mind? I.e. the person who first starts a particular fanatical regime. If such a thing existed and it was possible it would be interesting to trace something like this back to it's roots and see what the person was like and why they started on that path.

Adolf Hitler?

Soldato
There really are some ****s on this planet.

And got to love the way Muslim leaders stay quiet on this. World leaders and (christian) religious leaders speak out about it but funny how Islamic leaders keep quiet. Way to go.

Back
Top Bottom