ISIS and Islamic militants - discussion

Soldato
You mean like the same pull every single one of our soldiers had to join the armed forces?

no offense but its not computer games that attract people to the armed forces, from what most people say its the money, get out of the area, family links or simply they like planes/ships/tanks. I've never heard anyone say CoD.

Soldato
I sense you have a feeling of compassion for ISIS - on what basis do you think they deserve respect.

We should mourn the death of British citizens as a sad loss.

Young impressionable people have been led astray since time began. We are clearly failing to address the problem. We are failing to tackle radicalisation. If you listen to the reasoning of a lot of these young men it is clear they are just parrots repeating whatever it is their radical preacher has convinced them of.

I am not pleased the guy is dead. I think it is a pity, and we should feel saddened by it. Saddened it has been allowed to happen. Saddened this individual had nothing more in his life to aspire to. Saddened he will never get the same 2nd chance that most adults have and be allowed to reflect on his behaviour in his younger years as being stupid and immature.

My condolences to his family, and the families of all British people who are dying in Syria.

Caporegime

Young impressionable people have been led astray since time began. We are clearly failing to address the problem. We are failing to tackle radicalisation. If you listen to the reasoning of a lot of these young men it is clear they are just parrots repeating whatever it is their radical preacher has convinced them of.

I am not pleased the guy is dead. I think it is a pity, and we should feel saddened by it. Saddened it has been allowed to happen. Saddened this individual had nothing more in his life to aspire to. Saddened he will never get the same 2nd chance that most adults have and be allowed to reflect on his behaviour in his younger years as being stupid and immature.

My condolences to his family, and the families of all British people who are dying in Syria.

If a dog you love catches rabies then you take it to the vets and have it put down. It's sad but necessary for the greater good.

Associate

Not one ounce of condemnation says all you need to know about your attitude to these barbarians.

Soldato
If a dog you love catches rabies then you take it to the vets and have it put down. It's sad but necessary for the greater good.

Key word there is sad. I agree, once they get to the stage where they leave the country to fight, it may well be too late. That said, every young man does stupid and immature things. Doubly so if there are insidius and manipulating adults involved.

As we grow older we reflect on them and often feel ashamed or embarrassed.

My overall point is we are clearly failing to tackle this radicalisation and the deaths that it is causing. Should we honestly be celebrating the death of young British men? Or should we see it as a tragedy that could have been prevented?

Soldato
I have a sense of compassion for all forms of life. To not would be barbaric.

I bet you were massively bullied at school, but probably didn't realise it.

Compassion for everyone... right.

Some people out there should not get anyones compassion. Disagree and you are, unfortunately, part of today's problem.

Soldato
Not one ounce of condemnation says all you need to know about your attitude to these barbarians.

The fact I decline to mention ISIS at all and focus purely on the young indoctinated British men that are dying should tell you all you need to know about what I care about.

ISIS are not worth discussing. How we tackle the radicalisation of our young men and prevent their deaths is.

Soldato
Rabies is an incurable infection. Being ill-informed, lied to, brainwashed, whatever you want to call it is not. Drop the worthless comparisons.

It's not a worthless comparisson at all. Think about it a bit more...

For someone to have the ability to go abroad and kill in the name of religion, imo, means there is something deeply rooted within the individual. It has just been brought out.

It's that deep rooted problem that is incurable.

Your average person would not go around killing in the name of some made up person, no matter how much 'brain washing' you tried.

Back
Top Bottom