**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Soldato
I should have said that DPD delivery is just DGM printing labels to DPD. Doesn't work like OC.UK DPD.
I gathered it wasn't a 'normal' DPD email, but it was an email from a DPD address, containing an embedded dispatch message from DGMeshop.com

Whatever it was and whoever it was from, it definitely said delivery last Monday. If I hadn't waited up most of the day after working Sunday night I might have found it more amusing than inconvenient. :)

I doubt it's DPD's fault though. I've had nothing but good service from them since they moved to timed delivery windows. I know those things are a pain for the drivers to keep to, but they're superb for shift workers.

Associate
After reading the nightmare stories about DGM, my out of warranty screen's PSU died on me. emailed their customer service on Friday morning. 3 hours later and they offered me to buy a replacement for £15 and shipping as soon as the payment cleared.

Received the new power supply this morning from DPD and my screen lives again. A little worried however as its the exact same style as the old thermonuclear block, but a 3 day turn around i'm not going to complain.

Associate
I've got two of these monitors. One of the power supplies died on Saturday. I was hoping to buy 2 replacements, as the other one will no doubt die soon.

After mucho faffing around with dead email addresses, I found bigmac121's post with the cs2_uk email address, which was a lifesaver (thank you!)

Got an email from their CS team at 10am. They gave me two options:

1: RMA the dead PSU and get it replaced free (have to pay shipping costs) and pay £15 for the other one.
2: Buy 2 at £30 and forget about the RMA process.

To be honest, I thought the psu warranty was only 6 months, so option 1 was a nice surprise. Both monitors were bought in October 2012..

However, I opted to just purchase 2 new ones to cut out the RMA turnaround time and save me the hassle of packing it up.

Can't praise Najib enough for his assistance with the whole process.

Soldato
I just chatted to Najib, I copied your idea pretty much Zomby, I have 2 monitors, almost a year old, im sure the second one will go bang at some point. Im just going to buy two also.

He wondered if i was a friend of yours since i called about the same thing. Seems like he is the only one working there.

Associate
I just chatted to Najib, I copied your idea pretty much Zomby, I have 2 monitors, almost a year old, im sure the second one will go bang at some point. Im just going to buy two also.

That seems to be the smartest move when the only alternative PSU looks to be around £50 :eek: Always good to have a spare

He wondered if i was a friend of yours since i called about the same thing.

That made me chuckle!

Seems like he is the only one working there.

There's a pleasant girl/woman/lady on the 0871 phone number, unfortunately all she was able to do was direct me to the tech support email.

All's well that ends well though :D Glad you've got it all sorted.

Soldato
Had an email from DPD saying I had a delivery coming this morning and, finally, my monitor's back. I definitely have a new power supply but I can't tell whether the monitor itself was fiddled with.

Whatever's fixed, it's definitely working again and I'd forgotten just how nice IPS panels are after a couple of months back in 2006 tech territory. My old Dell is still a nice (and very compact!) unit, but the vastly superior photo colour rendering struck me immediately, and I feel I can stretch my arms again to throw windows all over the place.

My desk suddenly feels small again though. :)

Edit: the monitor has definitely been repaired. When I got it originally the brightness control did nothing, and I had to use the ATI Catalyst settings to tweak it. Now the brightness works! The PSU is also running much cooler so far.

Last edited:
Soldato
They want me to send back the faulty brick first before they send out a replacement, groan! Still at least they'll send a replacement i suppose.

Its expected though, they sent me out a brick last week, made the same noise as the faulty one i sent back to them.

Took me over a week to get in touch with them again, apparently someone went on holiday for a week and nobody else was answering the phones.

When i did get in touch and told them , they said it could be the monitor, so i asked them to collect it , and they did:)

Permabanned
Bumping.

What are the symptoms of the brick failing?

Tonight I was sitting at my desk, erasing a Brix and the screen started to drop to black, like it was losing signal from the Brix. However, it wasn't dropping the signal long enough for the monitor to fall into "no connection detected, sleeping" mode. The power LED always remains blue, never drops to red / stand by. It just keeps bringing the desktop up and down almost like it's stuck in a boot loop.

Yesterday as well, when I opened an image that was predominantly black, the screen lit up with lots of stuck blue pixels. Got rid of those though with a pixel fixer and they haven't come back.

Associate
Mine just died. But I have a spare one.
edit: I meant on boxing day last year. Heard somthing as far as I can remember. Brought a spare, Just in Case:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine blown but I got a brick off ebay that is much cooler and only cost £30, so glad it didn't damage my monitor as I thought I'd have to go 4k.

Soldato
Think mine just blew :( came home to the monitor not having any power and the brick light off :(
EDIT: just opened it up. Yep definitely blown.

Just tried calling their customer service number, got through to someone's personal phone who told me to ring the service hotline... Strange

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom