Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
Hey Street.
My guess is that he is locked in someone's shed or similar.
Cats can survive on very little food/water.
Some cats have been known to return weeks or even months after disappearing.
Don't lose heart.

Soldato
No sign of him yet. I've looked everywhere for him, rang all the vets/RSPCA/rescue centres etc. The annoying thing is, I'm sure he's trapped in somewhere, I just don't know where. He wouldn't have gone in with anyone else as he is very nervous around strangers. It was quite windy when he went out on Wednesday so he might have gone in somewhere and something has blown over and trapped him.

I'm gutted as out of all our cats, he was my little mate. He slept on me pretty much every night since I got him and would wake me up with a head bump in the mornings. He would pretty much only purr for me too!

Last edited:
Soldato
^Aye ask the neighbours to have a look in sheds or garages. Good call ^

Also go out late and call for him and listen. Call every 5-10 steps and **** the neighbours. If you do it while it is late and still the sound will travel better and you'll hear any reply from it if it's trapped.

Soldato
Yeh, we've been out every night looking all over and we've been round the houses nearby. I've put flyers through all the houses around the block and up on lamp posts too.

Associate
Ask to look yourself if you haven't already. Lots of people will say sure they will look for you and just forget to get round to it.
+1 to this advice.

Another good reason to personally check a neighbours shed or garage is that if the cat is timid or doesn't like strangers, then the cat might actually be hiding out of the way when people go to check for him and could quite easily be missed. There are plenty of places for a cat to hide out of the way in your typical garage or shed if they are feeling threatened by the unfamiliar surroundings and strangers. If you're there when they check, he may hear your familiar voice and come out of hiding.

Street, I think I remember you saying your cat never wandered too far, so I'd suggest it's well worth asking the neighbours within at least 4 or 5 houses either side of you, if they could please check again and ask if it's OK that you are there as he only responds to you. You might feel a little silly doing this, but it's well worth it if it helps find him.

Best of luck with finding your kitty, I hope he turns up soon.

Soldato
Good news.. He turned up at the back door this morning! :D

The missus went down to let the other cats out at about 6.30 and he was there waiting to be let in. He looks a bit thinner and scruffy but no injuries. He must have been starving as he wolfed down a whole carton of food and drank a load of water.

BNrWqI7l.jpg

I'd love to know where he's been but I'm made up to have him back! :D

Permabanned
Good news.. He turned up at the back door this morning! :D

The missus went down to let the other cats out at about 6.30 and he was there waiting to be let in. He looks a bit thinner and scruffy but no injuries. He must have been starving as he wolfed down a whole carton of food and drank a load of water.

BNrWqI7l.jpg

I'd love to know where he's been but I'm made up to have him back! :D

Made up for you mate, unfortunately for me my cat was found dead in the neighbours garden a couple of weeks ago. There needs to be a small affordable real time gps collar made so we can track and monitor them.

Soldato
Getting into winter now and Zoey normally likes to lie ontop of a towel on a warm radiator.

Figured id get her one of those radiator beds.

30cojyr.jpg

Think she likes it :)

Soldato
Made up for you mate, unfortunately for me my cat was found dead in the neighbours garden a couple of weeks ago. There needs to be a small affordable real time gps collar made so we can track and monitor them.

Damn, sorry to hear that! :(

Yeh a GPS tracker would be a good idea, there must be the technology for it nowadays!

Keep him in for a few days, keep him fed and loved.

I don't think he'll ever want to go out again! He was never the most outdoorsy cat anyway, more of a radiator cat..

Soldato
Hurrah Street, I'd been wondering. :)

Sorry to hear your news manju :(

I've got Dave one of the g-paws trackers that you plug in to your computer when they come home, I think having a real time one would just be too scary. I'd be sat at work, watching and yelling "GET OUT OF THE ROAD!" :D

Soldato
Street

I am so glad - you must be over the moon - so nice the hear.

We had a good day as well - Holly had a wee today - first since Sunday night - not as bad as you not seeing yours for days but was good sign she is getting better.

Majnu

Sorry to hear about you cat - always a sad time.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom