The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Associate
Hi yep exact same stand ! best £47 ever.
Sorry won't have time for pic hosting a preparty event night so been tidying up house cleaning etc.

Booze buying :)

Hi

Can you tell me if you paid £47.00 for the Neo-Flex® Widescreen Lift Stand in the link just I only see them for £100 plus

I have pre ordered the Samsung 34 Curved but seriously considering going for Philips 40" instead

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks, studulike :)

Does anyone have any thoughts between the Samsung 34" Curved and this Philips 40"

Really not sure which to go for!

Have had and tried the LG 34um95 and the LG 34UC97 also the Rog swift

Associate
The 200mm adaptor that smurfin talks about, is that in addition to the Neoflex? I've never got a separate stand before...all a bit new to this!

the Stand does come with tools and small connections for 200mm mounting but 200mm vesa Smufin use just to make it all look black and look nice with the eye if you see from the back

this Monitor need picture C , you can see 4 bars connection if you have the 200mm adapter then you don't need to use them.

51x2lXXkqwL._SL1000_.jpg

KpZ0aaj.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah thank you, that's really helpful.

So if I understand correctly, I wouldn't need to get anything extra, that stand would do the full works with the 200mm mounting.

But if I wanted to make it look nice from the back (don't care really), then I could buy a nicer 200mm backplate...is that right?

Associate
Hi Chaps sorry rushing back and forth and no did not see your email.

I used the included vesa 200 200 brackets and they work fine. No one will ever see the back of my monitor anyway.

Associate
Ah thank you, that's really helpful.

So if I understand correctly, I wouldn't need to get anything extra, that stand would do the full works with the 200mm mounting.

But if I wanted to make it look nice from the back (don't care really), then I could buy a nicer 200mm backplate...is that right?

the Stand comes with 100mm but you see the 4 bars that connect 4 corners to extant into 200mm so basically it ready in the box you don't need to buy any extra vesa

Soldato
Well, I have made a good order with OCUK yesterday, but not for the monitor, they unfortunately came in at a much higher price than I was expecting so I've looked elsewhere hoping it'll come in.

If it turns out that only OCUK have it I may grudgingly cancel the delayed one and get it from here, 4K is a whole new thing to me and I want it for Christmas so I've got some free time to learn about what I can do with it (thinking of 4K video editing etc.).

Associate
Its soo sharp ! Its lovely. I wonder if some things look washed out as the detail not up to spec.

I will give you an example if I play BF4 at 1600p res on this then it looks so so but soon as I put it to 4K Res - WOW WOW WOW.

Wow looks lovely in 4K and runs fine. Also tried Dragon age I as well.

I'm never going back to smaller then 40.

Alien Isolation looks espcially lovely as thats a dark game.

Soldato
Its soo sharp ! Its lovely. I wonder if some things look washed out as the detail not up to spec.

I will give you an example if I play BF4 at 1600p res on this then it looks so so but soon as I put it to 4K Res - WOW WOW WOW.

Wow looks lovely in 4K and runs fine. Also tried Dragon age I as well.

I'm never going back to smaller then 40.

Alien Isolation looks espcially lovely as thats a dark game.

What's the input lag like on shooters?
I tried a 4k TN panel and the input lag was quite bad.

Soldato
Can one of you with this screen open this link maximise your browser, drag the map, and tell me if the screen flickers?

Just wanting to establish if this flickering issue on the 32 inch VA screens is just with those screens or a VA issue... am thinking its likely just these screens, but want to be sure.

Soldato
I really like seeing all the game shots on here, that purple hued one looks amazing (I'm guessing World of Warcraft, I've never played it).

What I'd really like to see is Command and Conquer Red Alert at full 4K! :D The OpenRA project allows custom resolutions, not sure of the size it goes up to, but being a fan since the beginning it's one of the things I'm really keen to see...it'll probably fit the entire map on the screen at once! :D

Trine would also look amazing by the look of the screenies already posted.

Back
Top Bottom