• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dirt 3 Benchmark Thread

Associate
No, Like what? :)
after I installed dirt 3 my msi AB kept closing and its a fight to get it to run full screen. ive had the odd crash as well.
I tried a fresh install and had the same results. ive uninstalled dirt 3 and the pc is back to normal.

and its a genuine dirt 3 disc im using. its not a downloaded copy I bought it sealed

Caporegime
after I installed dirt 3 my msi AB kept closing and its a fight to get it to run full screen. ive had the odd crash as well.
I tried a fresh install and had the same results. ive uninstalled dirt 3 and the pc is back to normal.

I have it installed but don't play it, i don't have those problem's BUT from what i gather passively reading around about the game is there have been complaints about problems with it, CodeMasters have apparently responded.

Apparently it's because of all the XBox Live bloat-wear that's in it, they did say they will remove it.

Associate
I have it installed but don't play it, i don't have those problem's BUT from what i gather passively reading around about the game is there have been complaints about problems with it, CodeMasters have apparently responded.

Apparently it's because of all the XBox Live bloat-wear that's in it, they did say they will remove it.
I would like to play it but even with it being installed my MSI ab keeps closing even when im not playing the game. yet as soon as its uninstalled everything is fine..

I would like to play it but its not worth the hassle...

anyone wanting a copy of dirt 3?

Soldato
Cracking result that for the 960, if they were nearer £150 for top models I'm sure it would have been more popular. Thanks.

For comparison here is an 760 @ 1280/1700

Pentium k @ 4.5

jn1dXKD.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just re-ran, as just discovered i wasn't running my card on GEN3 the last time :rolleyes:

[email protected]
290X@1080/1250Mhz
1080P

dirt3_game_2015_02_20_00_22_40_850.jpg

Associate
DiRT 3 Complete Edition - Now Available With 100% Less GFWL

Hi all,

First up I want to say sorry for just how long it has taken to move DiRT 3 to Steamworks and I would also like to thank you all for keeping up the pressure on us to move it over. Every day I have over a hundred notifications on my Steam account, there are threads thousands of comments deep about it and countless Tweets and Facebook messages - while you’d think it would be the kind of thing that would bug the hell out of me, you’d be wrong.

It just goes to show that you guys love DiRT and care about it a lot; I’m hoping you’ll bring that passion with you for where we’re going next...

...Anyway before I get into trouble, I’m pleased to announce that DiRT 3 is now available with 100% less Games for Windows Live.

Store Page Link

As a thank you for your patience over this last year we’ll be upgrading everybody who owns DiRT 3 to the DiRT 3 Complete Edition, which will include all of our DLC for no extra cost.

If you currently have the GFWL version of DiRT 3 in your Steam Library you should now also have access to the DiRT 3 Complete Edition which should already be there your list of owned games. To play it simply select it from your library and click install.

However if you own a boxed PC copy of DiRT 3 or have a Games For Window Live CD Key you can now activate that CD key on Steam.

To do so simply follow the below steps:
Load up your Steam Client
Click “Add a game” found in the bottom left of the window
Click “Activate a product on Steam”
Click “Next”
Follow the instructions and when asked enter your CD Key into the “Product Code” box (be sure to use CAPS and include the hyphens)
Hit “Next”
Your code will then be verified and the DiRT 3 Complete Edition will be added to your library
And you’re good to go!
Those who originally purchased the game via Steam will notice that the now old GFWL version of DiRT 3 will still be in your library. You will still be able to play this version but it will still include Games for Windows Live and you won’t have access to the Complete Edition content – nothing will have changed with that older version.

Due to the differences with the two versions unfortunately your save files will not be compatible with each other. We know it sucks and we are sorry but it was unavoidable.

As an added bonus if you also happen to own a Mac you will now have access to the DiRT 3 Complete Edition via Steam on that too.

And of-course we’ve also included a set of Steam Trading cards for you to collect and added all of the original DiRT 3 achievements.

Finally thank you again for sticking with us and a big thank you to the rather awesome people at Feral Interactive who helped us with the work.

Keep it lit.

- Justbiglee

Soldato
DiRT 3 Complete Edition - Now Available With 100% Less GFWL

Hi all,

First up I want to say sorry for just how long it has taken to move DiRT 3 to Steamworks and I would also like to thank you all for keeping up the pressure on us to move it over. Every day I have over a hundred notifications on my Steam account, there are threads thousands of comments deep about it and countless Tweets and Facebook messages - while you’d think it would be the kind of thing that would bug the hell out of me, you’d be wrong.

It just goes to show that you guys love DiRT and care about it a lot; I’m hoping you’ll bring that passion with you for where we’re going next...

...Anyway before I get into trouble, I’m pleased to announce that DiRT 3 is now available with 100% less Games for Windows Live.

Store Page Link

As a thank you for your patience over this last year we’ll be upgrading everybody who owns DiRT 3 to the DiRT 3 Complete Edition, which will include all of our DLC for no extra cost.

If you currently have the GFWL version of DiRT 3 in your Steam Library you should now also have access to the DiRT 3 Complete Edition which should already be there your list of owned games. To play it simply select it from your library and click install.

However if you own a boxed PC copy of DiRT 3 or have a Games For Window Live CD Key you can now activate that CD key on Steam.

To do so simply follow the below steps:
Load up your Steam Client
Click “Add a game” found in the bottom left of the window
Click “Activate a product on Steam”
Click “Next”
Follow the instructions and when asked enter your CD Key into the “Product Code” box (be sure to use CAPS and include the hyphens)
Hit “Next”
Your code will then be verified and the DiRT 3 Complete Edition will be added to your library
And you’re good to go!
Those who originally purchased the game via Steam will notice that the now old GFWL version of DiRT 3 will still be in your library. You will still be able to play this version but it will still include Games for Windows Live and you won’t have access to the Complete Edition content – nothing will have changed with that older version.

Due to the differences with the two versions unfortunately your save files will not be compatible with each other. We know it sucks and we are sorry but it was unavoidable.

As an added bonus if you also happen to own a Mac you will now have access to the DiRT 3 Complete Edition via Steam on that too.

And of-course we’ve also included a set of Steam Trading cards for you to collect and added all of the original DiRT 3 achievements.

Finally thank you again for sticking with us and a big thank you to the rather awesome people at Feral Interactive who helped us with the work.

Keep it lit.

- Justbiglee

The new version won't launch, citing unhappiness about openAL32 DLL. :(

Back
Top Bottom