Assetto Corsa

Soldato
Nice. I just cannot get the hang of ending the drift nicely.

Do you mean tank slappers? I had awful problems with them until I learnt that letting off gas pedal unloads the back wheels and loads up the front wheels (that are turned at some crazy angle for countersteering). Front wheels then bite and car swerves violently resulting in a tank slapper. So to stop that its all about gas pedal control, don't just come off it suddenly, do it gently (and/or with lots of little stabs at the gas pedal to make micro corrections) and if you feel that the front is about to grip, just give it some gas again to take the weight off the front tyres again. Hope that made sense :)

As for Dream Pack - yeah, the wait is getting to me too :(

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys , just tired booting game up today after installing new cards, now get a black screen when it goes to load a track and locks up , having to kill the exe via TM . Reinstalled and stil the same . Any ideas ? Never done this befor

Soldato
No, not Nords DLC, but still rally cool:

FERRARI F355 BERLINETTA F1 with really good physics and FFB

Screenshot_ferrari_355_berlinetta_interlagos_14-2-2015-16-1-7.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_355_berlinetta_mugello_15-2-2015-14-20-38.jpg

https://malagoligarage.wordpress.com/2015/02/18/ferrari-f355-berlinetta-f1/

Soldato
Too long :(

They say Q1, but a few people have said it'll be around the same time Project Cars is released so to try and steal a bit of their thunder.

Although just read PCars has been delayed until early April, so who knows?

Soldato
Forza 5's laserscanned Nords has taken 13 000 man hours to make, so ... ;) It should be worth the wait (fingers crossed- they cant screw this up, can they?)

Update for the white rims of 288GTO above (replace file in the car's folder). Now the car is pretty much complete if you run with headlights on to mask their missing textures:cool:
Gorgeous car, and physics are just awesome (don't know if they match the real GTO's specs, but they FEEL right - the suspension, the tyres ...)

https://mega.co.nz/#!IdgyiJJI!_DAgNlIeOFnfsPREs19U-_HDb5ZJX00U-YS7a6eZS0Y

Last edited:
Soldato
Update me time!

Last I played of this, it was forced to use mouse/kb in the menu and only really had time trials...

Has there been any career implemented yet? Full controller support?

I want a Forza on PC if that helps.

Soldato
I think you'll still have to use mouse for the menus. Also Career does not unlock cars (unlike Forza or GT), but it is there, as is online lobby and racing vs AI. Its a different game to Forza (which i've never played I admit, but I did play some GT :p))

Soldato
Update me time!

Last I played of this, it was forced to use mouse/kb in the menu and only really had time trials...

Has there been any career implemented yet? Full controller support?

I want a Forza on PC if that helps.

Closest thing, progression wise anyway, in the Forza / GT style would be NFS Shift 2 I thnk?

Project Cars might be similar, but I haven't tried the career mode yet even though I have beta access :(

Back
Top Bottom