*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Soldato
That's actually a good deal

That's £1200 over 2 years for a phone. That's expensive whatever way you want to slice it IMO.

I know the size of the included memory isn't directly comparable but that's in the region of 25% more expensive than my S4 was at release, it's absolutely crazy how much these phones cost now.

Associate
That's £1200 over 2 years for a phone. That's expensive whatever way you want to slice it IMO.

I know the size of the included memory isn't directly comparable but that's in the region of 25% more expensive than my S4 was at release, it's absolutely crazy how much these phones cost now.

i agree and it's my deal:p

The price we pay for new tech!

Soldato
I just don't see where the increase comes from frankly, obviously the Edge commands a bit of a premium but even the regular S6 is significantly more costly and ultimately I don't really see that it's bringing much significantly new to the table, certainly not enough for me to understand why so money people are launching vast sums of money at it when stuff like the Z3 can be had for relative pennies.

Soldato
I just don't see where the increase comes from frankly, obviously the Edge commands a bit of a premium but even the regular S6 is significantly more costly and ultimately I don't really see that it's bringing much significantly new to the table, certainly not enough for me to understand why so money people are launching vast sums of money at it when stuff like the Z3 can be had for relative pennies.

It's got a new premium SOC faster than anything else on the market, has one of the highest res screens on the market, new faster memory technology; oh and 'premium design'.

Admittedly, I think its a bit overpriced, but given the amount of the tech in the phone, it was never going to be cheap...

Associate
I had nova launcher on my old phone but I like the themes on touchwiz on my new s6.

I installed all the apps on the phone really quickly and now they are in the app drawer in the date they were installed which is just a giant mess and there is no way to sort alphabetically?!?!

Topaz blue phone looks awesome though, maybe slightly girly in some lights...

Associate
From Amazon.de (translated obviously)

Good day,

since your order is the price of the / of the following item (s) has been reduced:

Samsung Galaxy Smartphone S6 (5.1 inch touch screen, 64GB of storage, Android 5.0) black

You get the / articles from us at the most favorable price from the date your order at Amazon.de.

Price for: EUR 799,00
Price with shipping: EUR 791.01
Lowest Price to Date: EUR 791.01
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: 7.99 EUR

You save a total of EUR 7.99 by your pre-order price guarantee.

Your credit card or your bank account is debited with the lower price. If you ordered the account, the cheapest price is invoiced (excl. Fee invoice and shipping costs).

Last edited:
Soldato
I installed all the apps on the phone really quickly and now they are in the app drawer in the date they were installed which is just a giant mess and there is no way to sort alphabetically?!?!

Apparently there are some variants out there (unfortunately I think they are the US ones) that do have the sort alphabetically function.

Soldato
Got my S6 yesterday. Only used it a bit so far as I'm still waiting for my number to transfer! The NFC was handy during the setup, transferring my settings from my HTC One to the S6 in a couple of seconds.

Touchwiz isn't bothering me too much at the moment. Only the odd little thing which I'll get used to.

Back
Top Bottom