• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
It's nice for some people to just have a hassle free stock Titan X beating speed out of the box. Not everbody is adept at OCing. Still have some users unsure of how boost clocks and the like works now and again. They can have peace of mind that it's built to use +200 all day and potentially run cooler and quieter as a bonus than reference models.

True, but none of the cards are coming out with +200 out of the box are they?

Associate
Hoorah, Second GPU came.

20150609_1922450.jpg

20150609_192932.jpg

Things are about to get hot in there, I hope those reference fans are up to snuff.

Associate
Hello, guys, how do you rate Gigabyte GTX 980 TI Gaming G1? The cooler looks great and the card should have 8phase PWM and Gigabyte promises "gauntlet sorted" GPUs...

Associate
Yeah it's a bit lame when you see models with "in stock" prices going more expensive than a custom PCB card with +200 OC mode out of the box, big low rpm fans, cooler running and a better warranty than some brands too. For £50 more and a bit of patience my Hybrid should run up to 30c less at load and be silent.

I do feel like some people are heavily losing out from impatience in some cases, although I hear reference fans have their benefits depending on the users purpose, it depends if you personally deem it worthwhile. I can't knock the apparent value of the MSI non-reference though, I am just hoping it can maintain lower temps and quieter operation while having a long life time, I don't plan to replace it too soon.

I am slightly impatient, although as I say, I realise that I can just keep occupied, the excitement isn't particularly a bad thing as it adds a nice feeling to each day.

Caporegime
I've owned gigabytes from 460's through to 780's, majority have been windfirce models. Cant rate them highly enough. Excellent cooler and very well made. Support is top notch too, and uk based.

Soldato
oh im on waiting list 12 th they have a stock in germany for evga i'll think ill wait as 7870 @ 1200/1350 plays csgo perfectly fine. and i like evga warranty.

Associate
I've been having second thoughts if I should go SLI due to minimum frame rates concerns. Most of the benchmarks show average frame rates improvements, but I can't find many benchmarks, almost as if they want to conceal the side effect of SLI and lagging minimum frame rates not going up along with the extra added gpu power.
My demands for SLI is 1440p and 144Hz, being a high refresh rate addict and also a fan of backlight strobing effects.

Associate
Mine came today! yay!

Can I ask what people are getting out of their cards overclocking wise? (reference cooler)

I haven't gone crazy, but I went straight to +175MHz (Core), +400Mhz (Memory) with stock voltage on both cards and they're working just fine. I could push higher, I just haven't spent much time trying anything higher (yet).

(Note - EVGA Reference model)

Associate
I recommend playing with the fan profile with the likes of EVGA Precision-X, MSI Afterburner etc.

The default fan profile with the reference cooler definitely prioritises quietness (and they are very quiet with that profile), if you are happy with a bit more noise you can have it so they never get anything close to the 83C temperature limit even under full load.

Soldato
I've owned gigabytes from 460's through to 780's, majority have been windfirce models. Cant rate them highly enough. Excellent cooler and very well made. Support is top notch too, and uk based.

I've had the gigabyte windforce since the 780/ti and 980 all been great cards

Associate
True, but none of the cards are coming out with +200 out of the box are they?

GTX 980 TI Engine Specs:
2816CUDA Cores
1000Base Clock (MHz)
1075Boost Clock (MHz)

MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti Gaming 6144MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Core Clock: 1178MHz, Boost Clock: 1279MHz

The +200 boost clock is a one click setting you can enable in the MSI Gaming app.

OC Mode

Maximum Performance through higher clock speeds and increased fan performance

Gaming Mode (Default)

The best balance between in-game performance and thermal

Silent Mode

The best environment for minimal fan noise

The G1 Gaming has a 1291 MHz boost at stock too but that has a much less reasonable price. Why the MSI Gaming pre order is cheaper than the "in stock" prices here!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom