• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
Ah I missed that Guru3D OC'd the stock 980 Ti. Good spot.

Anyway I'm also using a H440 case so I'll definitely let people know how two ACX's go. That's on a Z97 board too so things should get toasty. :p

I'm predicting it will be around the same temperature and noise as a reference SLI setup, but I won't have as much overclocking headroom without exceeding this.

I had a single ACX 980 before this and that card was wonderfully silent. Then again it's not a 250W card in an inclosed space. :p

Just remember that Guru3D does all there tests on an Open bench, as opposed to inside a chassis. I do wish reviews would start using chassis more, so few do. As such you rarely get very accurate temps numbers in relation to real world usage.

Also have you swapped out the H440's stock fans? Seems some folks online, and 1 reviewers claiming replacing the 3 front fans with Noctua NF F12's drops temps by 5-10 degrees. 10 seems a bit high, but 5 seems rather reasonable.

Associate
I had a single ACX 980 before this and that card was wonderfully silent. Then again it's not a 250W card in an inclosed space. :p

Just remember that Guru3D does all there tests on an Open bench, as opposed to inside a chassis. I do wish reviews would start using chassis more, so few do. As such you rarely get very accurate temps numbers in relation to real world usage.

Also have you swapped out the H440's stock fans? Seems some folks online, and 1 reviewers claiming replacing the 3 front fans with Noctua NF F12's drops temps by 5-10 degrees. 10 seems a bit high, but 5 seems rather reasonable.

I'd definitely check those fans out but I find that these highly regarded fans aren't as quiet as I want them to be at their lowest RPM.

My computer is inaudible at 2 feet away during idle/low loads. And when I say inaudible I mean inaudible, I also lowered my H105 pump RPM to 1200 from 1800. That's the way I want to keep it.

If my temps are too high I'll simply remove the front panel altogether. I plan to put these under water in a few months anyway and the backplates from the ACX models will still come in handy.

Associate
Seems GTX 980 TI G1 will probably be my next card. Is the LED on it still psosible to change colour? That was advertised a while ago.

Nvm, just saw it on guru3d.

''The Windforce logo can be color configured for preference, you can choose out of seven colors''

''If the card is in IDLE (desktop mode) the fans will stop spinning and it becomes an passively cooler product. The Windforce logo will turn itself off and the Silent and top LED accent logo will lit up. Up-to roughly 60 Degrees C this card remains passively cooled.''

Thumbs up to Gigabytes.

Last edited:
Associate
So I got my two Gainward 980 ti cards yesterday. Sadly my 750W psu was not upto snuff and today I had to wander outside in the heat to get a 1000w PSU.

Have to say the noise levels have not really bothered me and in SLI I'm a happy chappy!

Now do I overclock?

Associate
13ztwma.jpg

Yeah baby!

Associate
I cancelled my order for the MSI 980ti while it was out being delivered, The delivery driver never came and just took it back to OCUK the next day and I've just received an email saying I have a credit note.

Now I hope I'm getting this wrong but that to me means I've got 589.99 to spend at OCUK. I've sent a web note in so I will be ringing up if they say I've actually got a credit note.

Has anyone had an experience like this?

Associate
I have a question. I have the MSI gaming 980ti on order, but considering swapping to the OCuk ref one. Then in Aug, I can get the corsair adapter and water cool it.... (Birthday is in Aug so I can put money from that towards the cooler). Should I do that? Or should I stay with the MSI gaming one? (Also is the corsair adapter is compatible with the OCuk card? ). I would obv OC the GPU in either case.

Soldato
I cancelled my order for the MSI 980ti while it was out being delivered, The delivery driver never came and just took it back to OCUK the next day and I've just received an email saying I have a credit note.

Now I hope I'm getting this wrong but that to me means I've got 589.99 to spend at OCUK. I've sent a web note in so I will be ringing up if they say I've actually got a credit note.

Has anyone had an experience like this?

Thats not good I am sure ocuk have made an error and will correct it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom