Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
As if he's gonna come out and spoil next season, lol.

Exactly.

He can hardly come out and say "Yeah I'll be making a return next season guys, so book readers and show watchers rejoice".

I'd find it hard to believe with such a major character, they wouldn't show his funeral if he were dead, they did with Tywin and Joffrey, I think I recall they both made an appearance in the first episode of the next season just to play corpses, so I'd hazard a guess with one of the most major characters he would at LEAST be in 1 episode for a funeral, instead of having him stabbed in the back and leaving his body there without burning it.

It would be more plausible for them to admit he's in 1 episode next season for that reason than denying it completely. Doesn't quite add up. There's also the possibility of a 1 season hiatus i.e. Bran and Hodor

Associate
Honestly if he's not back in the next season I'm done with this series. Killing main characters that have any liking of niceness has left me bored, annoyed and franking a feeling of CBA with it.

It has gone from anger, shock, dismay to now darn right drull.

Caporegime
Wtf with Snow? It doesn't make any sense. If the Night Watch were all so against him coming back and bringing the wildlings in why didn't they just keep the gates closed and kill them all then and there?

It makes no sense to take the wildings in and then just kill Jon Snow one night randomly.

:confused:

Soldato
Wtf with Snow? It doesn't make any sense. If the Night Watch were all so against him coming back and bringing the wildlings in why didn't they just keep the gates closed and kill them all then and there?

It makes no sense to take the wildings in and then just kill Jon Snow one night randomly.

Apparently in the books he decides to break his vow and march south with the Wildlings to take on the Boltons, which is why they shank him, but they don't do this in the show which leaves it as a bit of a loose end.

Soldato

Yea i agree, it made a whole lot more sense in the book. This season has seemed pretty rushed

Associate
It's the anti story telling that can grip the viewer... rather than feel like you've been told a story you feel like not enough happened but you keep watching because, in this case, you can't wait for Ramsey/Cersi/Bolton to die.

I agree and understand what your saying but it wont keep me paying for it, its darn right boring and frankly insulting but its typical HBO.

So past this now, its a real shame. I saw what I hoped was a fantasy being accepted into mainstream culture but now to see it be more akin to what can shock the viewers more...

As we know people become desensitised to this after a while, I have hit that limit and there are others showing the same fatigue.

Caporegime
Apparently in the books he decides to break his vow and march south with the Wildlings to take on the Boltons, which is why they shank him, but they don't do this in the show which leaves it as a bit of a loose end.

That would have made more sense, him breaking his vow and leaving with the wildlings.

It seemed really out of place that they just suddenly thought one night " ah *** it lets kill him"

Soldato
It's not really a spoiler seeing as the TV show has gone a different route. The end goal was to have Jon stabbed and slightly injure him to sleep. The mechanics the book took to get to this point are now redundant to TV viewers.

Some of us may plan to read the books later

Soldato
They didn't, that group have wanted him dead for ages, just now, Tarley, his only ally is gone, everyone else has died, now they can just write what they like in the book of the watch, and no one can say a word against them.

Caporegime
They didn't, that group have wanted him dead for ages, just now, Tarley, his only ally is gone, everyone else has died, now they can just write what they like in the book of the watch, and no one can say a word against them.

Tarley? As if he stopped any of them doing anything. :confused:

If you are going to think of an excuse for the writers, at least come up with a plausible one!

Back
Top Bottom