1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Hostile_18, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Who will rule Westeros?

Poll closed May 18, 2019.
  1. Daenerys Targaryen

6.8%
  2. Jon Snow / Aegon Targaryen

30.8%
  3. Sansa Stark

13.8%
  4. Arya Stark

8.1%
  5. Bran Stark

2.1%
  6. Sam Tarley

3.0%
  7. Tyrion Lannister

9.8%
  8. Jamie Lannister

0.8%
  9. Cersei Lannister

2.1%
  10. Gendry

10.8%
  11. Brienne of Tarth

1.3%
  12. The Night King

4.9%
  13. Other (please specify)

5.7%
  1. Sean_UK

Mobster

Cant see it unless he shows up right at the end of season 6.

They start filming mid July and Kit Harrington recently shaved that hair mop all off for the first time in 4+ years. Was written into contract to keep his hair long for the duration of run on the show.

Although do agree i don't think its the last we've seen of John Snow in one form or another, same can be said for Stannis.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  2. Aedus

Sgarrista

He cut it after filming, he's already grown it back out again, don't worry!

3. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

He's cut his hair at the end of other seasons - there's a long gap and it has time to grow back.

4. Haggisman

Capodecina

Just watched episodes 9 & 10... Both great episode, but my God was 10 depressing! :(

5. Somnambulist

Sgarrista

I don't think it's pointless - as others have said it brings us fairly level with where things are in the books (in the books Stannis is a 'is he/isn't he?' for instance due to the Pink Letter) and it may well be the case that they intentionally didn't want to overshoot, despite knowing where the story goes because Martin will have TWOW out before S6 airs and wants his definitive version out before the audience gets the adapted one.

6. arknor

Caporegime

once they film the new season and the episode data gets added to imdb we'll know if he's back a long time before the show airs ;)

7. One

Soldato

What about flashbacks though?

8. randal

Capodecina

What am I missing? Title says no spoilers, and this is a discussion about the TV programme and that looked like a spoiler to me.

Yo.

9. Amp34

Caporegime

Don't forget, even though he has lost his army he is still the leader of his clan and has a castle, land, and claim to the throne. They are all strong positives and could make him still very influential.

I'm really hoping John isn't dead, by far the best character in the show, followed by Tyrion. I'm going to go for the Dothraki recognising Dena and her coming back even stronger somehow, Sansa and Theon alive and picked up by friendly forces, possibly Brianna and Stannis, who wasn't killed in the end due to Brianna realising he could be useful.

Yeah, they have both lived in the castle for years, they would know every in and out of the place. Theon ran to a specific part and could very well have been going there because he knew there was always a lot of snow, or some other factor that would save them from death. They may even have jumped from there in childhood.

10. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

i am not sure how i feel about that episode.

On one hand, I hate them apparently killing of Snow, the only noble strong male lead character worth rooting for.

Also, I partly felt the whole walk of shame was a little too much, it got the point across about half way through. I know it's mean to convey how much she want to get back to the castle, no matter what and the nudity was also over the top. We got the idea after the unavailing on the top of the steps and after that it's just no point and not sure if it's doing it for the show's nudity sake.

But at least some actual character development and also moving the story along for almost every single character. Not why they keep doing that, build it for 8 episodes and then show it all in the end. Would much prefer them to spread it out a bit more evenly.

11. NeilFawcett

Capodecina

Strangely I wasn't up at 2am in the morning... and had to work...

Anyway, transpires the SPOILER tag does sod all to emails going out.

So all the stuff people were carefully hiding away pours out into emails :rolleyes:

So the ending of episode was ruined for me. :mad:

12. NeilFawcett

Capodecina

Yes! Unfortunately TRES (not your fault) your entire post appeared in my email folder (including everything in the SPOILER tag), which subconscious simply zoomed across, so the ending of the episode was somewhat spoiled for me :(

Surely the forum should not include SPOILER text in emails?

13. Aedus

Sgarrista

Why are you subscribed to get email updates from the thread? Just visit it after the episode airs.

It's really not anyone else's fault.

14. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

It's wise that not to read this thread until you have seen the latest episode. I mean this is the 5th season now so people will just post what happened in the show soon as it is aired.

15. Tummy

Caporegime

He always complains about spoilers, before spoiler tags and after spoiler tags. Crazy.

16. NeilFawcett

Capodecina

I didn't read the thread. I wasn't even visiting it so as not to risk spoiling it. A notification email was emailed to me (from the forum) with someone's SPOILER tag text in it clear as day.

So I opened my email client, and there in the first line was basically a huge spoiler.

The forum should really be removing the text in the SPOILER tags from notification emails.

Anyway, damage done... Next time I'll unsubscribe from the thread if the forum can't be trusted...

Because that's the way I prefer to get notifications? Hardly unusual is it?

Did I say it was anyone's fault? In fact I pointed out to TRES (who's post it was) it wasn't his fault!

In truth it's the forum's fault. Poor feature design! It shouldn't be firing out the contents of SPOILER tags in notifications.

17. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

You blame the email client and forum notification?

Something that you signed up to?

Come on...

Do you even need notifications? it's not like this thread is difficult to find, it's always on page one.

18. NeilFawcett

Capodecina

No, re-read mypost, it's the forum software at fault IMHO. It's poorly designed if it's emailing out the contents of SPOILER tags don't you think?

Anyhoo...

19. cm1179

Mobster

great episode

10 months til it's back :(

20. NeilFawcett

Capodecina

Indeed :(

I was very worried about this series given the general feedback on the book(s) it spanning. But I'd say it's been generally brilliant.

Although I probably found this final episode one of the weaker episode in the series. But still good.