*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

Soldato
As much as I want to like this game, personally, it seems to have too many holes and missing/coming soon features for a 2015 release.

The game does the racing element rather well in my opinion, HOWEVER, it forgot about "making love" to the player and other elements which make up a track event.

It is a very cold, sterile experience at times, kind of like paying for sex. Sure, the job may get done but it is just not the same.

I have not played AC, but what I can gather, neither AC or pCARS are what they could be yet although both are "Gold".

Am trying Raceroom Experience, which although has its own shortfalls, is not "Gold" and is showing promise.

For the time being, I have gone back to GT legends.

It is more "feature complete" than anything else on the market at the moment.

I may even consider rFactor 2 another go, seems to be getting less love in the rush for these "new" titles but these new titles are lacking in needed areas.

Last edited:
Soldato
If the GOLD was around £40 I would probably have gone for it purely for the 'Early Access' but at £100 they're having a laugh. All the prices are double what they should be IMHO.

I had early access to Project CARS but I wasn't blinded by the 'Investment' like some, I watched the Forums over the Years, could see how things were panning out and it wasn't pretty, any negativity, even legitimate concerns were all weeded out or swamped by the 'Investors', you quickly learned to keep quiet or risk being banned. Bad stuff was constantly swept under the carpet, it was quite a toxic environment unless of course your were one of the fanbois Investors.

Those in the know and who are honest will all know how things changed for the worse when the 'Console Compatibility' was decided upon, they also started to ignore many of the good suggestions and concerns after that which was a shame. I can't see things changing either.

They would have far more credibility if they could fix some serious game-breaking flaws in the first one before hawking the second one as the 'Next best thing ever'.

Soldato
They are taking the biscuit asking for funding on the second game tbh. How about they use some of the money made from the first to pay for it rather than lining the managers pockets...

One I will avoid...

Back
Top Bottom