*******C.A.R.S - Community Assisted Race Sim*********

Associate
The first funding is basically a kickstarter to get the company going, they now have a popular and successful game to do a second game, they should really be going down the same funding route as other companies.

Soldato
Something about this seems a bit wrong.

I would not mind so much if they are not ignoring/evanig discussion about features which are blatantly not present or simply not up to scratch for a game release at this time.

Anyone who has used the dedicated server for an example will know it is a bloody disgrace.

I do not want "Extra Content" for PC1, I want them to fix the product they sold me.

This sums up the moderators on the Official pCARS forum:

8JEZSaf.png

LOL

Last edited:
Associate
Looking at the other thread that Ian Bell replied on within a couple of posts, his reply was rude and it seems you really can't have a free voice over there without being pounced on.

I think it's poor form and I hope it's not a successful fund source for them this time. I was a little disappointed that I never got involved in time for PCars but then I started listening to what people had to say when development changed direction etc and people with contrasting views were cast out etc. They might as well just develop it behind closed doors anyway.

Man of Honour
^^
I'll watch that when I get home.

Empty Box did a fair review of the game.

Two things that stop me playing it are the AI and the lack of proper triple screen support. Plus the performance cost of triple screens means I have to turn a load of stuff off to get a decent frame rate. Once I've done that the game looks worse than iRacing.

I'm just guessing they've been turned by the success they've had on the consoles and see that market as the best fit their product.

Based on the sales they've had so far, I should easily get my money back, so I've had well over 70 hours out of it over the years.

If I was in a private league for the game then I'd get more time out of it online. But I've got iRacing for that so I'll stick with that.

Soldato
You mention anything about the AI on their forums and they quickly shut you down.

I feel a sucker for buying the game, especially as a backer with access to the numerous builds.

They did have a solid base and I thought they would build on it.

Fact is, the game is "feature complete" at this point. All we are going to get now is the polishing of the turd.

Ian Bell, your name suits.

Sector 3 and ISI, I hear you calling. I apologise I doubted you and was blinded by the fools at SMS.

Last edited:
Caporegime
did they ever add pitstop animations?

I think they'll struggle to fund another game after banging on about a pc simulator and then everyone gets a console game thats barely polished

Man of Honour
The problem I had with pre release access is I was reluctant to play the career mode for the sake of not actually having anything to play when it was released. So I only ever tested the game by hot lapping. Anytime I played against the AI it either had too big a performance drop or the devs had said that the AI wasn't close to finished so we know how bad it is.

The fact is that the AI is still too slow or fast in the same corners, at the same tracks, that they always were.

Soldato
did they ever add pitstop animations?

I think they'll struggle to fund another game after banging on about a pc simulator and then everyone gets a console game thats barely polished

Animations are still incomplete.

I liked the game on the premise of what it could become.

We are left with a console game with "stats".

The game will struggle to survive on life support for the next year on PC I reckon owing to the pitiful multiplayer experience.

Unless they release a "MEGA" Update for free to entice PC2 backers. Then again, that would make sense, SMS do little of that.
The problem I had with pre release access is I was reluctant to play the career mode for the sake of not actually having anything to play when it was released. So I only ever tested the game by hot lapping. Anytime I played against the AI it either had too big a performance drop or the devs had said that the AI wasn't close to finished so we know how bad it is.

The fact is that the AI is still too slow or fast in the same corners, at the same tracks, that they always were.

They kept saying "Do not worry about AI... we know".

Release came and went... same problems yet they now say "AI what what now?"

SMS is a developer I will now avoid at all costs.

I am still butt hurt about the pamphlet (sorry, "Booklet") I got with my limited edition.

I wish Sector 3 well in RaceRoom Experience. Give it a new name, sort out if they want to be F2P or not and continue with the progress they are making.

I reinstalled GT legends not long ago and the AI is superior to PC, as it is in Race 07 come to think of it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
if you want to know about project cars this is the best review about the game online. no punches pulled.

http://pretendracecars.net/2015/05/06/the-community-assisted-review-of-project-cars/

i do go on about pcars but it isnt that bad really look

:D

You can find videos of most current and past race sims that can generate weird crash or collision results, including iRacing and Gran Turismo.

SMS have a decent base sim, but it needs work to iron out the bugs and AI and maybe a few more features.

Associate
I haven't seen too many bugs, but what really annoys me is the AI in general.

Rolling starts are broken too for a number of reasons:

1. The 2nd placed car always get an enormous speed boost the instant the lights turn green and fires into 1st place.

2. A lot of those rolling starts happen on bends when you are in pole position which makes no sense.

3. You are also launched straight into the limiter of 1st gear.

4. I have been taken out by the 2nd place car as it launches straight into the side of me upon the green light.

Rolling starts are very obviously broken. They must have known that wasn't working when they released the game. It's not as if it's a hidden bug.

I am not as frustrated as some here, as overall I enjoy playing the game. It would be nice to be able to pick a car for career mode though. I'm pretty bored of driving the under steer prone SLS GT3 over and over again.

Soldato
I got to a point where I was cheesed off I spent money on it as the game was choppy, stuttering and the handling was horrid with a 360 pad....however

Finally got round to setting my Logitech wheel up last night and wow! Totally new game!

Seems 95% of my issue stemmed from the 360 pad. With the wheel the car behaves properly, frame rate is stable and no choppy nastyness at corners

Took the v8 atom around the nordschleife and wanted to play more, a lot more

Strange how a pad driver can do so much damage:(

Soldato
So I went from 2x290s in XfireX to a single 980Ti.

Lets just say I am completely convinced now that SMS got into bed with Nvidia big style! At least the game looks fairly epic now with everything maxxed out in 1080p!

Shame there are so many bugs in all the modes. What is with the sector times being shown some laps, not others. Pit radio sometimes, sometimes not.

I agree with Gimpymoo about it being a fairly sterile experience!

Back
Top Bottom