Windows 10

Soldato
Good shout, just done the same and it's activated after the 12th click. :)

This is actually really smooth and responsive on my laptop considering it's 4 years old.

Office 365 installed, setup my Google Apps accounts on the built in mail app and all is running good.

Glad it worked for you also. :)

And agreed, from what I have seen so far Win 10 does look to be a nice OS.

Associate
Any ideas of how to get the Windows 10 Reservation app to open?

I've yet to reserve it on my laptop which my parents use however it wasn't on a legit Windows 7 and as such I've reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium with a genuine activated licence which is a Acer OEM licence.

All updates and SP1 installed, done multiple checks and I've used the MS GW10AppDiagnostic tool but nothing.

Associate
Left my laptop on for 24 hours, nothing! So downloading via USB tool thingy.. gave me the option to upgrade on there too. But downloading onto a USB drive for a clean install.

You need to upgrade first or it wont work!

Any ideas of how to get the Windows 10 Reservation app to open?

I've yet to reserve it on my laptop which my parents use however it wasn't on a legit Windows 7 and as such I've reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium with a genuine activated licence which is a Acer OEM licence.

All updates and SP1 installed, done multiple checks and I've used the MS GW10AppDiagnostic tool but nothing.

Read through and try this :) http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...i/848b5cce-958b-49ae-a132-a999a883265b?auth=1

Associate
Just to be clear...
  • The only way to take advantage of the free windows 10 from 7/8.1 is to do an upgrade?
  • You cannot do a clean install on a formatted HDD, it needs to be over the top of an eligible OS

Soldato
Fresh install with 'en_windows_10_enterprise_x64_dvd_6851151.iso'.

All the data collection stuff is still included which is a bit weird considering Microsoft said it would only be used for the insider builds.

That aside it's running really well, fast boot, fast at desktop, gaming seems improved even with older DX stuff. Def best Windows so far imho. Good stuff.

Soldato
Just updated to win 10 from 8.1. Really nice however with the latest GeForce drivers Geforce Experience says

Sorry, Geforce experience cannot optimise games on this pc.

I'm guessing its just a driver bug as its correctly detecting my specs but seems to think my sli'd 670s arnt compatible

Soldato
Fresh install with 'en_windows_10_enterprise_x64_dvd_6851151.iso'.

All the data collection stuff is still included which is a bit weird considering Microsoft said it would only be used for the insider builds.

That aside it's running really well, fast boot, fast at desktop, gaming seems improved even with older DX stuff. Def best Windows so far imho. Good stuff.

How do you tell?

Surely somebody will come up with a way to disable the data collection stuff?

Back
Top Bottom