• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Associate
Looking through reviews of the palit Jetstream, looks to be a great cooler yet little talk about it?

That's the "problem" with Palit. Their coolers are good yet they are a fairly unpopular brand.

I made a mistake with my 980 from them, I didn't realise it was a 2.5 slot card and after a bit of inevitable sagging it meant the card couldn't operate in my case as it blocked off my SATA3 ports.

The backplate was kinda thin, but of course, we're on about the 980Ti now and it could have been made thicker. - The card was both quiet and cool, though.

Soldato
Heh, it does look like something out of a Transformer film!

What's it like, performance and sound wise?

How about some piccies, would like to see those funky lights in operation!

Here you go mate, some piccies, excuse my mess of a case. I've decided I'm not going to overclock it as the performance is plenty for me, maybe if I need more I will. Cant hear it above my case fans, idles 26C and 57C max 4K Far Cry 4, will do me. :D

4GKiQgDl.jpg
[/IMG]

FhPdav2l.jpg
[/IMG]

I1493VWl.jpg
[/IMG]

SncUfGYl.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Soldato
That one's cheaper than most reference cards, and the reviews rate it good for being quiet too :) Unless I've made a catastrophic error!!

You havn't mate, I have the slightly more expensive version, only a tenner difference at the time, the Air Boss Ultra X4 and it is so quiet, doing Far Cry 4 @ 3840X2160 and it never got over 45% fan or 57C, cant hear it over my case fans, loving it so far. :D

Associate
so many choices and sweet cards! got £600 notes burning a hole in my pocket for a gtx 980ti i just cant make up my mind which one to splash it on.....

Associate
You havn't mate, I have the slightly more expensive version, only a tenner difference at the time, the Air Boss Ultra X4 and it is so quiet, doing Far Cry 4 @ 3840X2160 and it never got over 45% fan or 57C, cant hear it over my case fans, loving it so far. :D

Oh lovely :D You know, I suffered with my 290 for over a year before putting an Extreme III on it - I don't think any GPU is going to ever seem loud after that!

Soldato
Looks nice, not as tacky as people make it out to be.

Yeh, I was a bit wary about the looks and took a gamble and to be honest it was way better than I expected, its very well made, the shroud is solid metal and very strong. the red lights are nice and goes well with my Gigabyte red/black theme. But the cooling and quietness are great and a huge bonus. :D

Soldato
@1440p you can set everything but Hairworks to max settings and get stable 60fps.
At least that is my experience with the clocks @1480/8000.

I'm only on a 1080p monitor. I've just turned down foliage and something else, can't remember. I've also upped the res with DSR to 1.5x and left in game AA on.

I've put vsync on to get it locked to 60fps. Not sure if there are massive variances on fps in game, but played for an hour and not really seen it dip below 60 yet.

Soldato
What settings do witcher 3 players use with their 980 ti?

Just bought the game from an online key seller for less than half the current prices :)

At 4k with pretty much everything maxed I can generally keep above 40 fps

Not played much though. Really just had a test.

Soldato
At 4k with pretty much everything maxed I can generally keep above 40 fps

Not played much though. Really just had a test.

IS that proper 4k or 4k dsr? I take it thats with SLI too? what is the scaling like? with the msi 6g already $50 less that what I paid I'm buying another sooner than I thought. When it hits 500 i buy again.

Permabanned
@1440p you can set everything but Hairworks to max settings and get stable 60fps.
At least that is my experience with the clocks @1480/8000.

Yeah this really. As we all know hairworks can take 15 fps off easy but I'm running a TX @1400p and it will hold 60 without it on. TBH though even with it on its still not far off.

What I've noticed is that with my 4770k @4.4ghz I'm getting 60-80% usage in busy town sections

Soldato
Yeah this really. As we all know hairworks can take 15 fps off easy but I'm running a TX @1400p and it will hold 60 without it on. TBH though even with it on its still not far off.

What I've noticed is that with my 4770k @4.4ghz I'm getting 60-80% usage in busy town sections

60-80% CPU usage?

I've only played a hour. I'm off to get some herbs before fighting a dragon or something.

Do you guys play with vsync? I find it not particularly smooth otherwise...as I range from 70-90fps etc. I'm on a 120hz.

Soldato
IS that proper 4k or 4k dsr? I take it thats with SLI too? what is the scaling like? with the msi 6g already $50 less that what I paid I'm buying another sooner than I thought. When it hits 500 i buy again.

Proper 4k. Or uhd if you like.

No idea about scaling. Not tried with on card.

Back
Top Bottom