• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The GTX 980 Ti owners thread.

Soldato
I don't know if it's just my eyes but every game I have tried DSR in I see no visual difference at all. I know it works because at 4k dsr there is quite a performance hit, but visually I see no difference what so ever.

Caporegime
Yeh, I was a bit wary about the looks and took a gamble and to be honest it was way better than I expected, its very well made, the shroud is solid metal and very strong. the red lights are nice and goes well with my Gigabyte red/black theme. But the cooling and quietness are great and a huge bonus. :D

Its on my shortlist for when I return my msi, this oscillating noise is doing my nut :(

Permabanned
60-80% CPU usage?

I've only played a hour. I'm off to get some herbs before fighting a dragon or something.

Do you guys play with vsync? I find it not particularly smooth otherwise...as I range from 70-90fps etc. I'm on a 120hz.

Yeah in the main market square during the day it will stress a 4770k surprisingly heavily

Permabanned
I don't know if it's just my eyes but every game I have tried DSR in I see no visual difference at all. I know it works because at 4k dsr there is quite a performance hit, but visually I see no difference what so ever.

TBH I know what you mean. It makes a difference but not reflective on the crazy drop in frames. I found it barely noticeable

Soldato

Its just sometimes a better way of getting rid of jaggies..seems so on witcher at 1080p anyway.

Soldato
I agree, it's pointless.

Its not entirely pointless, its just a really "expensive" way to do AA, bit if you're playing an older game and have frames to spare then why not... A 980ti is pretty much overkill at 1080p for a lot of games so DSR gives it something extra to chew on

Last edited:
Associate

2:32 mark in this video, what is causing that annoying woo woo woo kind of sound?

Sounds like resonance from the spinning of the fans. Could be cured by making a little stand for the card inside the tower, or actually pressing on the card when it's happening. Once he finds the sweet spot that makes it stop, find a way of applying pressure to that bit :)

edit - dur, just realised that it's lying flat. It'd be interesting to see whether this occurs in tower configuration.

Caporegime
Sounds like resonance from the spinning of the fans. Could be cured by making a little stand for the card inside the tower, or actually pressing on the card when it's happening. Once he finds the sweet spot that makes it stop, find a way of applying pressure to that bit :)

edit - dur, just realised that it's lying flat. It'd be interesting to see whether this occurs in tower configuration.

Thats basically the sound my msi ti is making, very noticeable when gaming.

Soldato
It is hard isn't it. QA is terrible it appears no matter how much you spend.

So I'm sticking with what I've got. Its good enough, 4k is clearly the next step anyway..and its still a little immature.

Back
Top Bottom