The EU Migrant Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I'm arguing against the point made by those saying the UK is not overpopulated. I'm not here wanting to or condemning the Syrians to starvation or death but hosting a whole country in another part of the world is not going to help. We (the rest of the world) should be doing much more to help them in their country and rebuilding it, then the small token amount DC has committed to letting in.

And therein lies the core problem .... "doing more in their own country".

I doubt many would disagree with that, and certainly few if any political leaders would. The problem is, "doing more" means doing .... what? Bear in mind, you can take an action expecting some things to happen, and either by accident, or overt design of others, something entirely different happens. Examples of that include Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.

Never forget the law of unintended consequences. An argument could be made that a large part of the current migrant/asylum-seeker crisis is an unintended consequence of the last time we tried "doing more".

Associate
And therein lies the core problem .... "doing more in their own country".

I doubt many would disagree with that, and certainly few if any political leaders would. The problem is, "doing more" means doing .... what? Bear in mind, you can take an action expecting some things to happen, and either by accident, or overt design of others, something entirely different happens. Examples of that include Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.

Never forget the law of unintended consequences. An argument could be made that a large part of the current migrant/asylum-seeker crisis is an unintended consequence of the last time we tried "doing more".

yes, but we are doing something, something that has not been tried before. now, if that is not an invitation for the unknown.......

we should give them all visas. but make it mandatory national service for new citizens or citizens first reaching 18. that way you can integrate them into being part of the culture for the country, train them up to be better fighters so that eventually we can invade properly and have enough feet on the floor to do a proper job. over a million well trained soldiers.

also the jobs created from the weapons needed will boost the economy.

Soldato
yes, but we are doing something, something that has not been tried before. now, if that is not an invitation for the unknown.......

we should give them all visas. but make it mandatory national service for new citizens or citizens first reaching 18. that way you can integrate them into being part of the culture for the country, train them up to be better fighters so that eventually we can invade properly and have enough feet on the floor to do a proper job. over a million well trained soldiers.

also the jobs created from the weapons needed will boost the economy.

All fine and dandy, but what happens if when trained they turn on you? :confused:

You have to draw a line with everything, even in business and dealing with staff.
You cannot continue to turn a blind eye to people if they are affecting your business. Same with immigration you have to be on the ball. Obviously the government dropped that along time ago, no thanks to traitor Blair and Co. :mad:

Sod all us arm chair warriors as the is sod all we can do, anything we do or say we are classed as a racist xenophobic retards. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
I've seen a lot of arguing amongst ourselves lately, it's upsetting because we should be banding together now more than ever.

The same people denied any problems 10 years ago and now we have no-go zones throughout the UK. Things will get worse and rather than fighting and squabbling over an inneviable problem we should be preparing together.

Soldato
You don't know what is going on.

Am still under the 30 year act of non disclosure, I cannot say sod all for 17 years from now.

I will be prosecuted if I do!

I have worked for the passport office, CRB and DEFRA.

The worlds a stage, either you sit quietly or stand and shout!
Makes no difference you still in the audience. :(

Soldato
Is anyone actually happy with this model that we have? 5 days at work 2 off, pay the bills, come home depression on the news, crap for TV, new products to buy. Nationality for the sake of old tradition, gather what wealth that we can, save, diet, get drunk, accept friend invite, applaud top gear, sit on the fence over Obama. Build up resentment over situations we've not been in, protect, buy, consume, observer, vicarious living, worry about health, family, longevity, invasion, money.
Take a stance on every little story, distance, fight the nature in every one of us.

This is not the world I grew up in, all of it has changed, none of it for the good. Tech has got better, the people dumber, the interest, curiosity has gone right through the floor and I don't say that from a "I'm getting old, things were better years ago", I'm saying that from it there even going to be a single strain of humanity left in any of us in 20 years time, them and us. Insular society, finally realizing our own lonely existence and using that as justification to wander through this life with the highest volume and the most pressing issue held high as a banner for a single track thinking, me myself and I.
The Royal Family, Scottish Independence, Snowden, Syria, Iraq, 9/11, recession, fraud, poverty, job numbers, interest rates, 24 hour news, Philip Schofield, Xfactor, BNP, UKIP, Wetherspoons, Steve Jobs and the Apple mob, drunk all weekend, and Jeremy Clarkson. What a life we are involved in.
A lot of it is falling apart and there's not a single talent left on the face of this planet that could engineer a Pyramid.
We should have been inhabiting the Moon by now people but instead it's all the fault of the refugees, it's not that our parents sat back in the 90's and allowed this bubble to happen, it's not that Clinton was so distracted by a girl in the White House, it's not that we wished for an easier time, it's not the IRA, it's not the Unionists, it's not that Sky Sports has every Premier League match. It's simply that none of us could be bothered except for once in every four years to understand, to find out what was best for us, for the greed to kick in and just like at this moment in time, look out for ourselves. I mean I am me, why should I bother about anyone else?
Well, you'd better start because soon enough and to quote Ripley "You can just kiss all that goodbye".

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is anyone actually happy with this model that we have? 5 days at work 2 off, pay the bills, come home depression on the news, crap for TV, new products to buy. Nationality for the sake of old tradition, gather what wealth that we can, save, diet, get drunk, accept friend invite, applaud top gear, sit on the fence over Obama. Build up resentment over situations we've not been in, protect, buy, consume, observer, vicarious living, worry about health, family, longevity, invasion, money.
Take a stance on every little story, distance, fight the nature in every one of us.

This is not the world I grew up in, all of it has changed, none of it for the good. Tech has got better, the people dumber, the interest, curiosity has gone right through the floor and I don't say that from a "I'm getting old, things were better years ago", I'm saying that from it there even going to be a single strain of humanity left in any of us in 20 years time, them and us. Insular society, finally realizing our own lonely existence and using that as justification to wander through this life with the highest volume and the most pressing issue held high as a banner for a single track thinking, me myself and I.
The Royal Family, Scottish Independence, Snowden, Syria, Iraq, 9/11, recession, fraud, poverty, job numbers, interest rates, 24 hour news, Philip Schofield, Xfactor, BNP, UKIP, Wetherspoons, Steve Jobs and the Apple mob, drunk all weekend, and Jeremy Clarkson. What a life we are involved in.
A lot of it is falling apart and there's not a single talent left on the face of this planet that could engineer a Pyramid.
We should have been inhabiting the Moon by now people but instead it's all the fault of the refugees, it's not that our parents sat back in the 90's and allowed this bubble to happen, it's not that Clinton was so distracted by a girl in the White House, it's not that we wished for an easier time, it's not the IRA, it's not the Unionists, it's not that Sky Sports has every Premier League match. It's simply that none of us could be bothered except for once in every four years to understand, to find out what was best for us, for the greed to kick in and just like at this moment in time, look out for ourselves. I mean I am me, why should I bother about anyone else?
Well, you'd better start because soon enough and to quote Ripley "You can just kiss all that goodbye".

Don't worry, every society that becomes lethargic suffers an eventual pruning.

Too many witless people around to even contemplate any real education, just keep a personal vigil and ignore them.

We are every walking in the abyss of obedience and subservience to idolatry, wealth, whimsical imaginings of a "normal" life and thinking democracy is of actual import.

This century will invariably see the biggest gap in wealth ever, diminishing arable land resources, diminishing sea stocks, the spreading of volatility outwith the middle-east, mass surveillance, erosion of social systems, increasing migration away from areas with depleted resources and increasing conflict...etc etc.

Do i care? Hilariously no, luckily we in the west are blessed with a flurry of options.

Man of Honour

Isn't this a quote from fight club? ;)

Associate

I suddenly feel the urge to watch Trainspotting.

Man of Honour
^^ Ah Trainspotting even heh.

Both have very similar existential rants but was the one from trainspotting it reminded me of.

Last edited:
Associate
You don't know what is going on.

Am still under the 30 year act of non disclosure, I cannot say sod all for 17 years from now.

I will be prosecuted if I do!

I have worked for the passport office, CRB and DEFRA.

The worlds a stage, either you sit quietly or stand and shout!
Makes no difference you still in the audience. :(

Your understanding of the Public Records Act seems outdated, the Freedom of Information Act changed things significantly.

Associate

Have you seen Fight Club? If not you should :)

Soldato
Those are the locals and we have Turks and Kurds here. I suspect there are also some inter-ethnic tensions here as they hate each other. So mothing new there.

Resettle every single one of them in Northern Ireland, we can teach them how two communities can happily live beside each other... just as soon as someone executes all of our politicians. :D

Does anything think redrawing and enforcing new land borders would be helpful once the IsIs machine is dismantled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom