*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
Pro tip

Just infuse your legendaries with the new higher rated blue weapons / armor. I've taken a 200 attack auto rifle up to 256 attack doing this, and will continue to do so when I get 280 / 290 attack blues as I progress up. Legendary weapons usually have far better perks and stat values than the blues.

This. And if you've got a legendary you definitely don't want to keep don't just dismantle it immediately. Put some motes/exp in to it to completely unlock it, but don't upgrade it. You'll then get 5 marks for the dismantle rather than 3.

Soldato
Xur 2.0 & TTK Update

In Year One, Xûr was a community “loot drop,” a shared rallying point that everyone could cheer or curse. In Year Two, Xûr’s offerings have been changed so that he will select either a specific Exotic Weapon or an Exotic Engram for sale every we ek. This change is due primarily to our desire to give players more direct paths to acquiring the Exotics they want through Quests and gameplay experiences, and to avoid repetition in his inventory.

Xûr will also sell a new consumable, the Three of Coins, which gives bosses a chance to drop Exotic Engrams, including Weapon Engrams. These consumables have a cumulative luck effect, so even if one doesn’t net you a drop, the next one has a higher chance to do so.

I like the exotics will be on quests, it will certaintly give a more earned feel to them (even though before you had to earn SC to buy them). Interesting about the increased chance of a drop, I wonder if there will be limitations on which boss fights it applies - any boss in any mission? only in strikes? only in herioc strikes?

Lastly, Xûr will also choose a Legacy Engram every week. These Engrams contain Year One Exotics (at Year One Attack and Defense levels) for players who want to finish up a Collection. They strongly bias towards Exotics not already in your Blueprint Collection, to help fill in the blank slots - excluding Mythoclast and Necrochasm, which are still only available from their Year One sources.

I cannot remember if I ever had pocket infiity but certainly have had all other exotics from year 1. So for completeness it might be worth buying one or two of these to get pocket infinity.

Soldato
Just completed the nightfall which wasn't too bad all things considered although we nearly wiped at the end. Got my first year 2 exotic weapon(The Last Word), not exactly a top tier PvE weapon but I guess it will do for the moment. I will probably switch it out for the titan autorifle when I get lv3 gunsmith.... or any other exotic in existence :p

Man of Honour
Finding it hard to get my light up now. I'm light 289 but everything I get is either a few points higher and not enough to push me up, or it's not even close so definitely hope Xur can bump it up with an exotic

Question though, exotics seem to be 280 light/defense/attack, but yeah I have rares and legendary gear that are 298. So surely you are going to be able to bump that up? Seems silly having exotics that are the same rating as rares.

Soldato
What light level are you Reeve.

288 at the moment but if I pick up the reward for doing the nightfall I will probably be 290, I'm holding off claiming the reward as i'm really not sure which weapon to pick.

I see a few complaints about the new mark system but if you think about it, its actually an improvement in every way. You can earn 210 marks a week in under 4 hours, this is faster than you could earn marks previously as far as i'm aware and you don't have to be heavily geared up to do it. It also allows you to gain access to the more expensive items within the first week if you're that way inclined so impatient people like me who have nothing better to do at the moment have something work towards.

Soldato
This is the list of stuff vanilla players can and can't do

so no more Daily Heroics, No more weekly strikes, no more nightfalls. Can't earn legendary marks and can't use legendary items.

The squeeze to upgrade and buy the DLC is definitely getting tighter. None of the content they bought has gone, but there is definitely less activities.

Really, is anyone playing vanilla Destiny 12 months after launch? Is anyone here on vanilla? If you're the kind of person that is organising fireteams for nightfalls and raids every week, you're buying the DLC. Bungie have always been up front about it being a 10 year episodic experience, if you want to keep enjoying the game you will need to buy the expansions. Not directed at you btw, but really, if you're unhappy with Destiny, don't buy the expansions, simple!

Soldato
Finding it hard to get my light up now. I'm light 289 but everything I get is either a few points higher and not enough to push me up, or it's not even close so definitely hope Xur can bump it up with an exotic

Question though, exotics seem to be 280 light/defense/attack, but yeah I have rares and legendary gear that are 298. So surely you are going to be able to bump that up? Seems silly having exotics that are the same rating as rares.

Exotics no longer seem high than legendary (at the moment) I have heard people comment about having an exotic higher than 280 however it seems legendaries and rare's also go that high.

Xur is smiling on Warlocks today...

You tease :p what is Xur selling?

288 at the moment but if I pick up the reward for doing the nightfall I will probably be 290, I'm holding off claiming the reward as i'm really not sure which weapon to pick.

I see a few complaints about the new mark system but if you think about it, its actually an improvement in every way. You can earn 210 marks a week in under 4 hours, this is faster than you could earn marks previously as far as i'm aware and you don't have to be heavily geared up to do it. It also allows you to gain access to the more expensive items within the first week if you're that way inclined so impatient people like me who have nothing better to do at the moment have something work towards.

To earn the ones from the herioc strike it is recommended that you are 260 light. Considering the top is 300 (or higher with the raid) 260 isn't that high but considering you have to grind and hope for drops before then it is slightly annoying. I managed to buy a piece of armour yesterday but hoping with Xur drop for a 280 I will be high enough to give herioc strike a go as I need some marks to buy a ghost. It almost seems a waste to buy a ghost but everything I have is between 250-280 yet I still have my speaker ghost which is 190 :(

fez

fez

Caporegime
Got a set of exotic gloves at 280 and a 290 helm from an exotic engram. Pushed me up to 270 light. Quite surprised that the price of everything hasn't gone up because I used to struggle to get enough strange coins a week to buy what I wanted from Xur. Now I managed to get nearly 100 in about 4 days.

Man of Honour
So annoying, so my helmet is 298 light and my gloves 287...so what incentive is there to wear an exotic other than willy waving?

Exotics should be the best items in the game by a long way, ridiculous that they are less light than the others

Soldato
Downloading update file....hope it's the TTK unlock not the 18gb patch.

This is huge win. Got an afternoon to kill before the rugby, destiny hangover cure, awesome.

Soldato
So annoying, so my helmet is 288 light and my gloves 287...so what incentive is there to wear an exotic other than willy waving?

Exotics should be the best items in the game by a long way, ridiculous that they are less light than the others

You need to grind for engrams and use these to Infuse your exotics and level them up...

The whole point of an exotic is that it will have the best perks/specials etc but it won't help you jump the que progressing light levels

If you have a 300+ blue piece of armour, infuse it into your exotic to make it better!

Caporegime
Xur be trolling with the 34 strange coins price for a 170 attack year 1 exotic.

I got my missing Dragon's Breath in the first attempt but I've got 300 coins to "waste" on trivialities. Doubt I'll ever use it either.

It's fun to stand by the Cryptarch now and watch all the exotics get decrypted and see what people are getting.

Back
Top Bottom