*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
I just hope all we need is strange coins and not strange coins plus legendary marks or something. I still have 300+ strange coins sat in the vault.

Caporegime
Question:
Should I dismantle every weapon pre TTK? Legendary and exotics? Is there any reason not too? Same question applies to exotic armourm pre-TTK.

I've had a dismantling session this afternoon. All the legendary "II" stuff is gone, now have a gazillion motes of light. I will dismantle the exotics when I get a Year 2 version of each item.

Soldato
So can any one advise how or best way to get purple gear? I did play vanilla destiny but just got back into it I have the original expansion to do first before taken king. I have zero idea how to get these legendary marks? I also remember join what was some sort of clan / group within the game but can't find it anywhere not sure if it was linked to marks? Any tip or extra info appreciated. Current light level is 134 and main level 26

Caporegime
My nightfall was a bit crap - pretty easy to do with small arms modifier but all I got was a lousy warlock bond that wasn't as good as the one I was already wearing. Another chap got Year 2 Helm of Saint 14. Needless to say, he was called all sorts. :D

fez

fez

Caporegime
Get to level 40 and start doing heroic strikes. You will get a few legendaries along the way but they will be constantly superseded by uncommons.

I wasn't getting many until I got to about 260 light. Getting to 240 or so will only take about 12 hours from where you are though.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Once you get up to about 270 and your guns are about that everything becomes so much easier ( bar the 280 light stuff). I've got a gun called "does not bow" which is brilliant. Makes a big difference.

Soldato
It seems the lv36 playlist can't be beat for levelling up. I went from 273 to 288 in about 2 hours of speed running. Most of my gear is absolute rubbish but my overall light level is all that matters at the moment.

If Xur is still selling Heavy ammo synths tomorrow I may buy a few hundred and trade them in for faction rep..

Man of Honour
Question:
Should I dismantle every weapon pre TTK? Legendary and exotics? Is there any reason not too? Same question applies to exotic armourm pre-TTK.
No, next yet. Without spoiling much, you can get a quest (one per class) that at some point will require you to dismantle some blue or purple weapons. If you already have them in your vault you save yourself a lot of time.

Associate
Xur 2.0 & TTK Update

In Year One, Xûr was a community “loot drop,” a shared rallying point that everyone could cheer or curse. In Year Two, Xûr’s offerings have been changed so that he will select either a specific Exotic Weapon or an Exotic Engram for sale every we ek. This change is due primarily to our desire to give players more direct paths to acquiring the Exotics they want through Quests and gameplay experiences, and to avoid repetition in his inventory.

Xûr will also sell a new consumable, the Three of Coins, which gives bosses a chance to drop Exotic Engrams, including Weapon Engrams. These consumables have a cumulative luck effect, so even if one doesn’t net you a drop, the next one has a higher chance to do so.

Lastly, Xûr will also choose a Legacy Engram every week. These Engrams contain Year One Exotics (at Year One Attack and Defense levels) for players who want to finish up a Collection. They strongly bias towards Exotics not already in your Blueprint Collection, to help fill in the blank slots - excluding Mythoclast and Necrochasm, which are still only available from their Year One sources.

Soldato
Cheers for some of info above. Strange coins what do I do with em? I also have lots of we parts and it would imply I upgrade with em but never been able to

Soldato
Okay, so I'm level 40 and light 217 now.

I have year one exotic Helm of Saint 14, I'm sure I read somewhere you can upgrade this to the year 2 version somewhere?

Anybody know the process/cost?

Thanks

Last edited:
Caporegime
Okay, so I'm level 40 and light 217 now.

I have year one exotic Helm of Saint 14, I'm sure I read somewhere you and upgrade this to the year 2 version somewhere?

Anybody know the process/cost?

Thanks

go to the hall of guardians in the tower, where the vanguards are. As you enter the room there are 2 exotic kiosks beside you on the wall (facing towards the window like you do as you enter), one left and one right of you.

The one on the left is exotic armor. You need to own year 1 helm of saint 14 and have 125 legendary marks to get the year 2 version.

So can any one advise how or best way to get purple gear? I did play vanilla destiny but just got back into it I have the original expansion to do first before taken king. I have zero idea how to get these legendary marks? I also remember join what was some sort of clan / group within the game but can't find it anywhere not sure if it was linked to marks? Any tip or extra info appreciated. Current light level is 134 and main level 26

Legendary items can either drop randomly as engrams, while playing the game, from rank up packages or you can buy them.

Theres no way to influence the random drops - keep playing.
To get ones from the rank up packages, rank up your crucible rep / vanguard rep or faction rep. When you go up a rank you get a package which will contain a legendary. Thats where most of mine have come from.
To buy them you need legendary marks.

Legendary marks can be obtained by 1) playing the daily heroic story 2) playing a game in the daily PVP playlist 3) completing the quests you have that gift marks. The "rewards" section of the quest will tell you when you inspect it if it gives marks or not. Not all do. 4) running the heroic strike playlist. 10 marks a strike, up to a maximum of 3 per account.

Get to level 40 and start doing heroic strikes. You will get a few legendaries along the way but they will be constantly superseded by uncommons.

I wasn't getting many until I got to about 260 light. Getting to 240 or so will only take about 12 hours from where you are though.

Pro tip

Just infuse your legendaries with the new higher rated blue weapons / armor. I've taken a 200 attack auto rifle up to 256 attack doing this, and will continue to do so when I get 280 / 290 attack blues as I progress up. Legendary weapons usually have far better perks and stat values than the blues.

Last edited:
Soldato
go to the hall of guardians in the tower, where the vanguards are. As you enter the room there are 2 exotic kiosks beside you on the wall (facing towards the window like you do as you enter), one left and one right of you.

The one on the left is exotic armor. You need to own year 1 helm of saint 14 and have 125 legendary marks to get the year 2 version.

Legendary items can either drop randomly as engrams, while playing the game, from rank up packages or you can buy them.

Theres no way to influence the random drops - keep playing.
To get ones from the rank up packages, rank up your crucible rep / vanguard rep or faction rep. When you go up a rank you get a package which will contain a legendary. Thats where most of mine have come from.
To buy them you need legendary marks.

Legendary marks can be obtained by 1) playing the daily heroic story 2) playing a game in the daily PVP playlist 3) completing the quests you have that gift marks. The "rewards" section of the quest will tell you when you inspect it if it gives marks or not. Not all do. 4) running the heroic strike playlist. 10 marks a strike, up to a maximum of 3 per account.

Cheers, okay. So I just need 125 marks.... :p

Caporegime
The weekly crucible quest chain is supposed to give nightfall level rewards...haven't had a chance to do them yet though.

Don't know why people are complaining about vanilla not having access to all the new paid content? Is anyone here actually just on vanilla, or is this just a rhetorical whinge? Vanilla end game is VoG and vanilla players have all they need to beat it. What's the problem? Can't get legendary marks? Err what exactly were they going to spend them on? Gear they can't equip?

This is the list of stuff vanilla players can and can't do

Character Level is set at a maximum of 34
Strikes & Raid Activities are available via the Destinations using the Director
Daily Heroic Missions, Weekly Heroic Strikes, and Nightfall Featured Activities will be set beyond level 34
The following Crucible modes will be available: Classic 3v3, Classic 6v6 and Classic Free-For-All
Year 1 versions of Exotic Weapons & Armor will be available
Tower Vendors will no longer sell Year 1 Legendary items
Bounties that were part of Expansion 1 or 2 are no longer available
Legendary Marks are not available to be earned

so no more Daily Heroics, No more weekly strikes, no more nightfalls. Can't earn legendary marks and can't use legendary items.

The squeeze to upgrade and buy the DLC is definitely getting tighter. None of the content they bought has gone, but there is definitely less activities.

Back
Top Bottom