• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Associate
Picked up a plus today from an o2 store (ordered online upgrade)

Having made the switch from Samsung trying to get use this... why hasn't apple put a option to close all background apps rather than swiping each one away like android has? Got 14 days to return going to use it see if I can convince my self to stay hehe
You have an iphone. Don't worry about apps in the background. Apple worries about them for you, so you don't have to.

Caporegime
Wondering if any of you guys can help out here. So today the missus wants to upgrade to the new iPhone 6s so off we went to see what deals were around. She's on vodafone and prefers to stay with them but no amount of begging on the phone would get them to budge on the upfront cost of the phone. Even went to the voda store and they said no, so we went into the apple store and saw that they do upgrades or contracts on voda.

Now she has a sim only plan so is more than happy to sign up to a 24 mth contract. We saw that Apple do the 64gb space grey iphone 6s for 54 a mth and no upfront fee so she is interested in that ie unlimited calls, texts and 8gb of data. But when we asked about wifi calling, they couldn't tell us in store if it's with the contract. Even called voda and as per usual absolutely useless in knowing whether it does or not.

So had to hang fire on that till we get a proper answer...not sure if anyone from here can tell me if it does or not. It seems like it's just the red contract plan that voda do themselves but want money upfront for the phone itself.

So anyone??

TIA

Soldato
Right, so I couldn't reserve one in say Bristol (40 minute drive) and then go down and pick it up. Amazing Apple, well done.

Of course you can. You choose a 15 minute slot to arrive, it's not that you have 15 minutes to arrive after reserving. And they're pretty lenient even if you miss your reserved time, they'll still see you unofficially within an hour or 2 after.

Soldato
Of course you can. You choose a 15 minute slot to arrive, it's not that you have 15 minutes to arrive after reserving. And they're pretty lenient even if you miss your reserved time, they'll still see you unofficially within an hour or 2 after.

That's what I mean, there's clearly plenty of stock. If I was cyclical it seems like a façade

Soldato
Walked in to the Apple Store in Stratford today to grab an iPod (yeah, I know..an iPod) for my car, and got talking saying I bought the too small 6S+ (64Gb), and that I really wanted a 128Gb S+.

15 minutes later, they've refused my 6S+ 64Gb and I'm walking out with a 128Gb 6S+. Admittedly in stupid gold, but hey, it's got a cover on it anyway.

Honestly, great devices, and in particular spectacularly good service.

Soldato
Apart from the Size and optical image stabilisation are there many other differences?

Last year when I went from a 5S to a 6, I also replaced my daughter's phone - she wanted a 6+. Now, I thought this was comedy, but in my head I kinda got it. She uses it less as a phone, more as a small iPad that also sometimes is a phone when it needs to be.

Thing is, I got the opportunity to use it. I very quickly become somewhat jealous of the larger screen estate. It changed the way I used the phone. All of a sudden it was far, far more useful. While I did try certain enticements to get her to swap the plus with my 6, the high pitch whining was a bit overwhelming.

I'd never go back to the smaller screen. Honestly, the first week it feels a bit...big? Obviously. But then you'd not be without it.

People going lol it doesn't even fit in your pocket...are talking rubbish. I wear jeans pretty much every day, and it's always in my pocket.

You'll not regret the move.

Soldato
Walked in to the Apple Store in Stratford today to grab an iPod (yeah, I know..an iPod) for my car, and got talking saying I bought the too small 6S+ (64Gb), and that I really wanted a 128Gb S+.

15 minutes later, they've refused my 6S+ 64Gb and I'm walking out with a 128Gb 6S+. Admittedly in stupid gold, but hey, it's got a cover on it anyway.

Honestly, great devices, and in particular spectacularly good service.

When were you there? I was there today between 1145 and 1245

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Associate
Has anyone bought the official docking station from Apple? If so, is it any good?

From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the phone just sits directly on top of a lightning connector at an angle with no proper support for the phone?

Soldato
Ok so I've set up my 6S today and for my first iPhone experience I have to say I'm pretty impressed with how slick it is coming from Android...I can see myself enjoying using this!

Also to my surprise my Moto 360 has connected fine since it was recently updated and my alerts are coming through to my Watch no problem at all...delighted!

The one thing I can't get to work is my Email to work via the standard app! It's a live.co.uk address and it doesn't seem to work through the Outlook default option which is rather an annoyance! I don't know if it's simply because I have 2 Step verification set up on my Live account or not but it just refuses to work. Has anyone encountered and overcome this problem?

In the meantime I'm using the Outlook app but I would prefer trying the default Email app to see how it works.

Associate
Looks like I have the Samsung chip.

App to find out here http://demo.hiraku.tw/CPUIdentifier/

I have the TSMC chip in my 6s Plus.

Replacement coming today due to a yellow screen, will check that one as well not that it matters but I'm just curious.

Only called Apple about that yellow screen at 12:30pm yesterday and my replacement should turn up close to 24hrs later, very impressive service.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Has anyone bought the official docking station from Apple? If so, is it any good?

From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the phone just sits directly on top of a lightning connector at an angle with no proper support for the phone?

I've got one. It sits at an angle with no support but it doesn't feel like it needs any.

£39 is very expensive for what it is though.

Back
Top Bottom