• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
The one thing I can't get to work is my Email to work via the standard app! It's a live.co.uk address and it doesn't seem to work through the Outlook default option which is rather an annoyance! I don't know if it's simply because I have 2 Step verification set up on my Live account or not but it just refuses to work. Has anyone encountered and overcome this problem?

In the meantime I'm using the Outlook app but I would prefer trying the default Email app to see how it works.

Is it possible that you have to set a unique app password in your Live account? I've had it in the past with some accounts that have 2FA set, and for some applications to work, they need their own account password generating.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/app-passwords-two-step-verification

I don't use Live at all, so I have no way of checking.

Man of Honour
Of course you can. You choose a 15 minute slot to arrive, it's not that you have 15 minutes to arrive after reserving. And they're pretty lenient even if you miss your reserved time, they'll still see you unofficially within an hour or 2 after.

Ah right. I'll keep an eye on it during the day and see if I can nab one.

Soldato
First 24 hours compared to 6+

- Battery seems same
- 2gb RAM makes a large difference
- feels smoother
- force touch is pretty cool but would be good to edit the contextual menus like for mail to show accounts etc
- front facing camera is way better

Not sure if it was fully worth the 780 cost and the reservation farce but girlfriend is happy she has a free 6+!

Associate
Ok so I've set up my 6S today and for my first iPhone experience I have to say I'm pretty impressed with how slick it is coming from Android...I can see myself enjoying using this!

Also to my surprise my Moto 360 has connected fine since it was recently updated and my alerts are coming through to my Watch no problem at all...delighted!

The one thing I can't get to work is my Email to work via the standard app! It's a live.co.uk address and it doesn't seem to work through the Outlook default option which is rather an annoyance! I don't know if it's simply because I have 2 Step verification set up on my Live account or not but it just refuses to work. Has anyone encountered and overcome this problem?

In the meantime I'm using the Outlook app but I would prefer trying the default Email app to see how it works.

Your Moto 360 works with the iPhone??? All features work?? I love the look of that watch

Soldato
Picked up a plus today from an o2 store (ordered online upgrade)

Having made the switch from Samsung trying to get use this... why hasn't apple put a option to close all background apps rather than swiping each one away like android has? Got 14 days to return going to use it see if I can convince my self to stay hehe

Unless an app is misbehaving you shouldn't be manually closing any of them anyway.

Soldato
Associate
Finding the 3d touch a bit temperamental. issue i am getting is when you use safari to go to a web site and have a link you want to go to I press is and nothing, Press and hold it in and it wants open up a new page. I dont want another page I want it to open in the same page , some times it will work sometimes i need to open as a new window:( Also playing some games I cant press on certain objects.

Soldato
Your Moto 360 works with the iPhone??? All features work?? I love the look of that watch

Yup...it works well enough at least :) There was a recent update to the device and I think the problems reported originally with the device was where it wasn't fully updated it didn't work well.

I think out the box it may have issues but when updated (which requires an android device to do) it seems to work fine. Alerts are coming through on time and calls also. In addition things like weather feed through to the watch too.

Soldato
When were you there? I was there today between 1145 and 1245

Oh not till about 17:00 ish. Thing I found odd there was a fairly substantial queue for the phones :eek: Not quite sure how I managed to bypass all of that. To be fair it was the same lass who I bought the phone, iPad and Macbook off on the Friday, so my guess is it was what.

Soldato
Finding the 3d touch a bit temperamental. issue i am getting is when you use safari to go to a web site and have a link you want to go to I press is and nothing, Press and hold it in and it wants open up a new page. I dont want another page I want it to open in the same page , some times it will work sometimes i need to open as a new window:( Also playing some games I cant press on certain objects.

You can change the sensitivity. Have not found it obtrusive bar the home screen to re-arrange apps. Would prefer if could customize the contextual menus

Oh not till about 17:00 ish. Thing I found odd there was a fairly substantial queue for the phones :eek: Not quite sure how I managed to bypass all of that. To be fair it was the same lass who I bought the phone, iPad and Macbook off on the Friday, so my guess is it was what.

I arrived just before a rush at 12, there was a queue going out the door by the time I left but appeared to be mostly people without reservations. One woman did kick up a massive fuss without a reservation and they eventually relented and got her a phone.

Out of interest looked at the reservation system last night before closing and there were a lot now available of all models in London

Soldato
well i gotta say I've had my 6s plus for a few days now and the battery life is amazing! super impressed with the new handset overall this is really a step up - I know its mainly because of the bigger handset but i think its worth the trade off of having a smaller device and smaller battery or going for the bigger option

Soldato
Did a 2 half hour time lapse out my window yesterday out of boredom, as well as other use during the rest of the day.

Still had 18% battery when I went to bed after a 17 hour day. Awesome battery on the Plus.

Soldato
Did a 2 half hour time lapse out my window yesterday out of boredom, as well as other use during the rest of the day.

Still had 18% battery when I went to bed after a 17 hour day. Awesome battery on the Plus.

I'm enjoying the battery life too, such a welcome change from my Note 4.

I took it off charge at around 8 AM, used it quite a bit throughout the day for reddit/web/facebook and had music playing for a few hours. Then more usage in the evening, at the gym, and a couple of hour's browsing before bed. Even after all that it still had around 15% left. My Note would have needed a charge by the time I left work!

It's not the mythical multi-day battery life that some are claiming, but I'm guessing my usage is a fair bit higher than them.

Associate
Replacement 6s Plus 128GB Gold arrived 23hrs after requesting a replacement. The new one has a much more uniform screen and the screen is whiter, no more urine coloured whites. Great service from Apple.

Very happy now, just need to post the old one back.

Associate
for anyone on 3 that uses the threeintouch/wifi calling app - it's not compatible with the 6s+

bit gutted really as signal in my house & office is non-existent and I've been relying on that app to make calls + txts. Hope it's updated soon.

Soldato
for anyone on 3 that uses the threeintouch/wifi calling app - it's not compatible with the 6s+

bit gutted really as signal in my house & office is non-existent and I've been relying on that app to make calls + txts. Hope it's updated soon.

Not compatible in what way? I got a call on there. I didn't answer because I didn't want to speak to the person at the time, but it still came through lol.

Back
Top Bottom