** OUR FIRST 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Associate
i've spent a good 10+ hours staring at a mixture of a bios/windows install screen today...

8Pack when you done this installation did you have any issues with your SM951 drive being recognized by windows?

my bios notices the drive yet diskpart does not when hitting shift f10 when going through the installation..

i've tried a win7 usb done on rufus.. formatted with gbt for UEFI, mbr and a standard win7 disk yet still no joy, i cannot get windows to recognize this ssd pci-e drive :/

any ideas?

OcUK Staff
i've spent a good 10+ hours staring at a mixture of a bios/windows install screen today...

8Pack when you done this installation did you have any issues with your SM951 drive being recognized by windows?

my bios notices the drive yet diskpart does not when hitting shift f10 when going through the installation..

i've tried a win7 usb done on rufus.. formatted with gbt for UEFI, mbr and a standard win7 disk yet still no joy, i cannot get windows to recognize this ssd pci-e drive :/

any ideas?

I had no issues at all with Win8.1 for testing. I also tried Win 10 which was also fine.

Some issues can occur with Win 7 I believe as many Z170 features are not officially supported by Win 7.

An X99 Bundle is a good idea I will look into a good value but Tested compatible set of components to do this with.

Associate
Followed the guide for the overclock and it has worked perfectly!

If anyone does get the SM951 working in Windows 7, i'd love to know, can't see it in the bios at all.

Unfortunately i didn't i spent way to long on it going through all the guides and what..

The problem is that windows 7 doesn't have native NVMe driver support. so you will need to load the NVMe drivers from another USB during the install process.

Once loaded touch wood you should be able to see your drive in the list. i done the above but still no joy.

Ended up raging and just installed windows 10 clean and worked instantly.

edit : windows 8.1 and above has native NVMe driver support

OcUK Staff
OP
Followed the guide for the overclock and it has worked perfectly!

If anyone does get the SM951 working in Windows 7, i'd love to know, can't see it in the bios at all.

Try faster as 4.5/4.6 is very conservative considering the cooler we use. Should be actually good for 4.7-4.8 with a little more volts. :)

Associate
Ended up raging and just installed windows 10 clean and worked instantly.

edit : windows 8.1 and above has native NVMe driver support

This is what I'm planning to do now, Windows 10 clean. You've saved me allot of time, thanks.

Try faster as 4.5/4.6 is very conservative considering the cooler we use. Should be actually good for 4.7-4.8 with a little more volts. :)

Perhaps, if I'm feeling adventurous.

Associate
Hi, I'm planning to grab this and the Inno3D GTX 980Ti Hybrid - would a NZXT Noctis 450 take both radiators just fine? I'm looking at other cases too, but that one certainly caught my eye.

I'm also looking for a PSU to go with this - no plans for SLI but may have a fair few hard-drives. Got any recommendations around the £90-105 mark?

EDIT: Thinking of getting the SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 750W, that'll do the trick right?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi there.

Bought this bundle and am very pleased with it. Overclocked to 4.5GHz (Vcore 1.32V) following the above instructions, temps fine at 58-61degC/core whilst stress testing.

Can't seem to get it to go higher than 4.5GHz though. Tried Vcore at 1.37V and 1.4V. Still running bang on 4.5GHz under load.

As an overclocking noob, I must be missing something. Is it a matter of setting it up per the above instructions and then gently increasing Vcore or is there more to it?

Cheers
Jamie

Back
Top Bottom