Vault 111 by PEXON

Associate
Looks great man, tho the w/c kit would defo benefit from some distressing. CPU block is awesome.

Would be cool if you had option to switch the lighting to a "flicker mode" like the power keeps cutting out? Don't know how difficult that would be and appreciate you wouldn't want it on all the time. Just a thought ;)

Associate
OP
Cheers guys!

I have had a try at weathering some tubing, but its pretty hard to get looking right. I think I will just do it like I have done with the rest of the case. I will dry bush the tubing with different shades of Warhammer style paint to get some muck on the tubing, it will easily be seen when the coolant is in there.

I did have a look at getting the lights to flicker, but you need a really bad source to drive the LED strips, so it seems like it will be hard work. I have tried but I've had no luck so far

Soldato
With just a few days before Fallout 4 is released, how you getting along with your Vault Super Computer ? :p

Excellent work by the way, hope that you will have it finished in time and can play Fallout 4 on it as your first game. ;)

Associate
OP
Well, well, well. What an absolutely crazy few days. I've been working like a trooper to get the project finished up.

I did have some issues with some of the EK blocks not fitting correctly, so to save messing about with any RMA, I just bought another and a backplate.

I have got some other in progress shots, however, I am eager to get onto Fallout 4 now as I've not had chance to play it yet! :'(

Without much furtherado... here are some pics

rCQzzl3h.jpg

RcSGYUbh.jpg

0z5o5Vqh.jpg

7w4W87Lh.jpg

lU16sC6h.jpg

tIUmm5Ah.jpg

TGsnpPnh.jpg

c1dFfwoh.jpg

IYYiA6Ch.jpg

KpaiPuZh.jpg

OBm37QJh.jpg

ILGKU9oh.jpg

BLwS2RJh.jpg

bgMSSQWh.jpg

i9m1AkBh.jpg

Ufo3Ighh.jpg

8HQr3m3h.jpg

Jf0lMxzh.jpg

BryNWVKh.jpg

T0thDjTh.jpg

eMAkJsnh.jpg

DCc8Opxh.jpg

phsenRDh.jpg

QVkDX6Yh.jpg

CEcNhFLh.jpg

2Y75o7Jh.jpg

Vi5K3xqh.jpg

Photographs were taken with a Canon 70D with a 17-50mm f/2.8 and Manfrotto BeFree tripod.

I also got some amazing help from my friend Tom, who helped me out with a lovely video of the build. We used an outdoor storage area, in an old school house. There was plenty of old tarp, cans, propane tanks, bottles of various cleaning fluids and general junk.

Be sure to watch the video, its pretty epic, even if I do say so myself!

Video shot on Panasonic GH4 @1080p 50fps

Final list of components used :-

Intel i5 6600K
MSI B150M Mortar
Corsair Dominator DDR4 2866MHz (2x8GB)
MSI GTX980Ti
Kingston SSDNOW300 120GB
Seagate 500GB SSHD
SuperFlower Leadex 1000W GOLD PSU

Custom sleeved PSU cables
Blue and white LED strips

Alphacool Susurro 120mm fans (blue) x7
Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm fans x2
Alphacool NexXxos XP3 CPU block
Alphacool 13-10mm compression fittings (black)
Mayhems 13-10mm tubing
Aquacomputer Double Protect Ultra Blue
EK GTX 980 Ti TF5 Full-Cover water block (Acetel)
EK GTX 980 TF5 Backplate (Acetel)
Alphacool VPP655 and plexi-top
Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 15 LT

I just want to say thanks to the following people/ companies:-

Momma and mini pexon :D
Chris, Steven and everyone @Overclockers (overclockers.co.uk)
Tom @MSI UK (uk.msi.com/)
Pas and Eddie @Aquatuning UK (https://www.aquatuning.co.uk/)

Hugggge thanks to my friends Tom (video magician) and Ryan for helping out with the set up and lighting and of course, to everyone who has been following the build, thanks for the kind words, comments and suggestions. Its been one hell of a ride!

.... lets go boy

Associate
Shame I can't view the video, my employer blocks YouTube, however the final pics are awesome what a fantastic setting for what I consider to be a top class mod for these forums. Kudos to you James it's turned out how I hoped it would.
Well done and enjoy a game of F4 soon.

Associate
OP
Thanks so much guys. I am sooooooooo so happy with the outcome. I really do appreciate all the kind comments it means a hell of a lot. I've put a lot of hard work into this, I just need to get some time in on the game now, not had much chance as I've been running around like a mad man!

Soldato
Thanks so much guys. I am sooooooooo so happy with the outcome. I really do appreciate all the kind comments it means a hell of a lot. I've put a lot of hard work into this, I just need to get some time in on the game now, not had much chance as I've been running around like a mad man!

Take the day off and refuse to do anything apart from play fallout 4 lol

Soldato
Absolutely stunning work...however seeing everything complete and in place, for my money I think the Dom Plats now stick out a bit because they're crisp and clean.

Really minor niggle I know, but I reckon they could use just a little bit of muck on them - a smattering/stippling/dry brushing of brown or dirty copper paint to give a slightly rusty effect?

Associate
OP
With the issue on the Doms, they are stand in. I am still unsure as to what is happening with the sponsor of the RAM, not heard anything, so I didn't want to distress the 2 sticks I am currently using :(

The crafting system is interesting, its something I am going to have to learn to use. Its another dimension added to the game an I am not sure what to think of it. The gun play and VATS work amazing thus far though, so I can commend them on that. Its going to be very intersting if Skyrim style mod intergration comes

Back
Top Bottom