Woops - spooked a horse

Man of Honour
I'll normally slow down and pull in the clutch, it's not exactly a hardship and as with most things biking it's going to be us who come off worse if we scare the crap out of one and it goes nuts.

Caporegime
Because herbivore faeces is far less dangerous to us than that of meat eaters. That's the genuine reason by the way, but I don't agree with them being allowed to **** all over the roads leaving a hazard.

Yeah and ciggerete butt's are harmless but we fine people for not picking them up either

One

One

Soldato
The whole incident could have been avoided if there were no horses on the road at all. Completely avoidable and shouldn't be allowed imo.

First they came for the horses...

Do remember that we are not always the most admired road users either. Horses used the roads long before we were invented!

Associate
Same as cyclists, they shouldn't be allowed on the road. Anything that can't go at or around the speed limit is a hazard, only with a horse it is threefold as a) they're slow b) they spook and c) they crap.

If you drove a car or motorbike at bicycle/horse speeds you'd get pulled for dangerous driving.

If you take the highway code as gospel, imagine following a cyclist or horse on a hypothetical country road (in a car) with solid white lines that is 10 miles long...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
That can be dangerous on the road as the horse skids if they try to stop from a trot or quicker (source: my fiancée's mum has horses).

Don't take my comment too seriously, I understand the reasons however I also know there are rubber/synthetic shoes available for horses designed for use on the road to prevent skidding and make trotting less dangerous, I believe some police forces use them instead of the iron shoes.

Soldato
The whole incident could have been avoided if there were no motorcycles on the road at all. Completely avoidable and shouldn't be allowed imo.
Fixed that for ya.

"Pedestrians are a problem", says the biker.
"Cyclists are a problem", says the biker.
"Horse riders are a problem", says the biker.
"Cars are a problem", says the biker.
"White van men are a problem", says the biker.

Common problem is the biker. Remove motorcycles, death toll drops, job done.
Thanks for playing...

Associate
OP
Fixed that for ya.

"Pedestrians are a problem", says the biker.
"Cyclists are a problem", says the biker.
"Horse riders are a problem", says the biker.
"Cars are a problem", says the biker.
"White van men are a problem", says the biker.

Common problem is the biker. Remove motorcycles, death toll drops, job done.
Thanks for playing...

So removing motorcycles would make horses in the road a non-issue? I think cyclists actually have more issues with them than we do.

Even if a rider held all of those beliefs, it wouldn't make them a problem unless it affected their behaviour while out riding, I doubt most of us are petty enough to let than happen.

I personally don't agree with horses in the road, as much for their happiness/safety as ours, but while they have the right to use the road I will still act courteous around them.

Man of Honour
So removing motorcycles would make horses in the road a non-issue? I think cyclists actually have more issues with them than we do.

Even if a rider held all of those beliefs, it wouldn't make them a problem unless it affected their behaviour while out riding, I doubt most of us are petty enough to let than happen.

I personally don't agree with horses in the road, as much for their happiness/safety as ours, but while they have the right to use the road I will still act courteous around them.

As ttaskmaster is a biker I don't feel he was being entirely serious ;)

Caporegime
lol

2a9s6c4.jpg

this guy doesn't have any trouble sneaking past horses

Last edited:
Soldato
As ttaskmaster is a biker I don't feel he was being entirely serious ;)
I'm generally not entirely serious... at least not about these such matters.

Ah okay, I don't frequent the forums too often, although I do remember his name from other semi-troll'ish posts so I did have an inkling, now I know! :p
I don't troll.
I make fun, am flippant, pedantic and facetious, but never trolling. I don't have the time for such stuff!

But yeah, it comes down to them having had the right long before we ever existed. As far as riding goes, they're no different to any other hazard on the road, really. Take note, take care and negotiate safely.

Soldato
Should have laid it down after getting horse **** all over your tires and slid it right under the horses...

They don't deserve to be on the road, there's plenty of country side and 'going for a casual stroll down the road' isn't the thing they should be doing.

Had you come off on the horse **** and they WITNESSED this, they'd simply see if you're alright then walk on their way as if it wasn't their fault.

Soldato
They don't deserve to be on the road, there's plenty of country side and 'going for a casual stroll down the road' isn't the thing they should be doing.
And you honestly think you DO deserve it??!!
Riding a dangerous, unprotected, exposed piece of cheap junk like that R6, massively overpowered, loud, unstable and bloody lethal, treating the roads like some personal racetrack, as if the speed limits and the traffic laws don't apply to you?

Back
Top Bottom