Warhammer Total War Confirmed

Associate
It's what my brain remembers Dark Omen as looking like (ie. a damn sight prettier than it actually was :D )

Loved that game! Wracked up hefty bills on the old BT Wireplay. Check GoG every now and again to see if it comes up.

Fire Mage with a teleport behind enemy lines ruined many an opponent.

Associate
Rome 2 is one of my favourite games, along with shogun 2 which i still play both.

Can't seem to get into attilla. Both rome 2 and shogun 2 run absolutely flawlessly on my computer on ultra setting, even on my old computer which had 580 GTX i could still run on high setting with little impact and huge armies.

I know when they were first released there was some issues, like the majorty of total war games they get fixed.

This next instalment is super special giving me a universe i love in a game that i love.

And it look's absolutely amazing if i do say so myself, You naysayers need to seppuku. :D ;)

Nah just kidding, but i've got high hopes.

Associate
Ok, that does actually look a lot better than I was expecting... what did people think of the unit collision and melee fighting... same old issues as with Rome 2?

Magic looks very cool but possibly a little overpowered, one spell destroyed an entire unit!

However it all looks very atmospheric... would be amazing if they included every race in the end.

It's alpha stage, and they mentioned the clashing of units in the video as something they wanted to improve to avoid all your army clumping up and make the charges abit more dynamic.

Associate
http://steamcommunity.com/app/364360

Looks like its able to be pre-ordered on steam now.

Personally i think its ridiculous how they offer DLC @ release date :( just include it in the release or schedule the DLC at a later date, feels like it should be released with the game.

Either way I'm really excised for the game so will be pre-ordering.. price is kinda mental also..

Thoughts?

Man of Honour
I will wait for some user reviews, but what we have seen so far has potential. PC game prices have gone crazy though, but I am sure some key sites will offer it at a fraction of the price.

Associate
http://steamcommunity.com/app/364360

Looks like its able to be pre-ordered on steam now.

Personally i think its ridiculous how they offer DLC @ release date :( just include it in the release or schedule the DLC at a later date, feels like it should be released with the game.

Either way I'm really excised for the game so will be pre-ordering.. price is kinda mental also..

Thoughts?

Thoughts are why are you pre ordering so early?

Unless your ordering the High King edition and getting something physical there is zero reason to pre order right now. Ignoring the whole debate of whether or not you should be encouraging this sort of DLC behaviour, the game isn’t out till April next year and you'll undoubtedly be able to pick it up cheaper.

Associate
Thoughts are why are you pre ordering so early?

Unless your ordering the High King edition and getting something physical there is zero reason to pre order right now. Ignoring the whole debate of whether or not you should be encouraging this sort of DLC behaviour, the game isn’t out till April next year and you'll undoubtedly be able to pick it up cheaper.

Good point, and no not the high king edition. mainly just to get it out of the way! although i will hold on then if that is the case! thanks!

Soldato
OP
Chaos army are still in it, whether you get the dlc or not. Its just theres a lot more unit variety in the pack. Either way you still don't get to play as them.

Associate
The amount of DLC in previous Total War games hasn't hampered my enjoyment of the core game what so ever so I'm not concerned about it here either. I imagine if it wasn't for Sega's ability to earn additional income via DLC this series may not still be here today, most other RTS's aren't.

Back
Top Bottom