*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Associate
Wow, Samsung just released a game tuner app which lets you change resolution and framerate. Only officially available on note 5 and edge+ but the apk is available online and works fine on the S6. :D

Permabanned
Doesn't work on mine but the app sounds just like what I've been after. 1440p and even 1080p in many cases is overkill for a phone game and performance is king.

It should work, what firmware are you using and what phone?

There is noticeable aliasing when you drop to very low (480p?) and text looks quite bad as you would expect, however low (720p?) looks absolutely fine.

Samsung need to bake this into their roms, Google should have done this years ago.

Last edited:
Associate
Bah! My microphone doesn't work when I use speaker phone mode during calls but it works if I switch it off. Time for it to go back for a repair again!
Lucky I got a Xperia Z5

Associate
S6E+ here and I have 53% remaining on the battery and estimated usage time is 22h

That's awesome...

I have read somewhere that the Note 5 might coming to Europe in the next few months I don't know if this was posted elsewhere.

What do you guys think about this and those of you who have the S6 Edge+ would you consider changing it for the Note 5.

Associate
Just ordered a S6+.

Was a real hassle cancelling the EE contract through customer services via India, Ireland & newcastle. They couldn't beat the offer I was moving to, even though it's through the same network via a 3rd party company.

Surely it should always be cheaper to go to the network operator directly?

Soldato
What on earth happened here.. last post 10 days ago and this thread on page 3. The Galaxy S6, the best phone in the world, on page 3; whatever next! :p

I just received the update I've been waiting for. I don't know what the official fixes are, but I believe this is the update that improves battery life.

S6_update.jpg

Associate
What on earth happened here.. last post 10 days ago and this thread on page 3. The Galaxy S6, the best phone in the world, on page 3; whatever next! :p

I just received the update I've been waiting for. I don't know what the official fixes are, but I believe this is the update that improves battery life.

S6_update.jpg

Do you know what this update is (build number)?

Associate
My S6 Edge is still being repaired! It's been 12 days now.
It's the 2nd time in 3 months it's had to go in for repairs.
I am considering selling it on once I get it back and switching to a Lumia 950.

Qel

Qel

Associate
Been tempted to pick an S6 up sim free lately. Coming from an S2 so any new phone will be a massive upgrade, just concerned about the battery life as I haven't read much positive feedback about it. Also half wondering if at this point I should just wait to see if they actually announce the S7 early in January as rumoured.

Back
Top Bottom