*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone managed to find a proper fitting, tempered glass, edge to edge screen protector yet? Or do they not exist?

I see JETech make one but it has a weird glittery effect black bit at the top and bottom of the screen (not sure why they didn't just leave this clear like the rest of the protector) and the reviews are not great lol

Thanks in advance! :)

Associate
Anyone managed to find a proper fitting, tempered glass, edge to edge screen protector yet? Or do they not exist?

I see JETech make one but it has a weird glittery effect black bit at the top and bottom of the screen (not sure why they didn't just leave this clear like the rest of the protector) and the reviews are not great lol

Thanks in advance! :)

I think the answer to that is no, I did get one from the rainforest but sent it back as it had silver edges that obscured the side of the phone.

I have since got a Skinomi, I wasn't too impressed with it just after fitting, it seemed to leave a few bubbles and didn't feel too good to touch, gave it a couple of days and the bubbles disappeared the edges sat nicely. All in all for £7 it's a nice screen protector. I'd love to find something like one of the Spigen ones but I guess they haven't made them for a reason.

Associate
I was thinking today about getting a S6. Is it a bad time to grab one now? Amazon are doing the 64GB model for around £440.

I was reading the S7 could be released in January, so might be worth waiting. Prices should start to drop when Samsung release some info.

Associate
Rumoured Jan announcement Feb release

Tryna hold off myself to see what next year brings.
If they continue to dial back TouchWiz and put a larger battery in then S7 could be really good.

Associate
Anyone got a edge plus? I've had it a few weeks now good phone but the it's starting to annoy me as I keep pressing things on the right hand side of the screen and deleting what I've just wrote if I use one hand to type as I'm accidentally pressing back with my palm

Associate
Anyone got a edge plus? I've had it a few weeks now good phone but the it's starting to annoy me as I keep pressing things on the right hand side of the screen and deleting what I've just wrote if I use one hand to type as I'm accidentally pressing back with my palm

Not edge plus just normal edge I have same issue you tried different keyboard

Soldato
I think the answer to that is no, I did get one from the rainforest but sent it back as it had silver edges that obscured the side of the phone.

I have since got a Skinomi, I wasn't too impressed with it just after fitting, it seemed to leave a few bubbles and didn't feel too good to touch, gave it a couple of days and the bubbles disappeared the edges sat nicely. All in all for £7 it's a nice screen protector. I'd love to find something like one of the Spigen ones but I guess they haven't made them for a reason.

Hmm shame...

Was your skinomi one a 'wet install'?

And does it have an odd texture / orange peel effect to it? That's the problem I had with a wet install Spigen one (which it seems they don't sell anymore, the 'Flex HD')

Associate
Hmm shame...

Was your skinomi one a 'wet install'?

And does it have an odd texture / orange peel effect to it? That's the problem I had with a wet install Spigen one (which it seems they don't sell anymore, the 'Flex HD')

Yes it was a wet install, as for the feel it's not as good as not having one on the screen but now it has settled down I'm very happy with the feel of it.

Back
Top Bottom