**** Official Fallout 4 Thread ****

Soldato
2 hours in loving it tbh, Shame every-time i sit to a computer i get stuck in the world and can't move :( and i keep forgetting to quicksave prior to doing it dang it! :(

But other then that no other issues and the feel of the game is spot on.

Use RivaTuner to limit your frame rate to around 100FPS, that fixed it for me and a few others fromw hat I have seen.

Soldato
I want this in my life but is SLI working?
If not I'll hold off a while.

SLI works for me and a few others it seems once you manually set it in Nvidia control panel to Force Alternate Frame Rendering 2. I went from being able to hover around 40ish with everything maxed to a solid 60 including god rays cranked up at 3440 x 1440

On the other hand for some people SLI does not seem to work (possibly 3 or more cards it seems, but no discernible pattern).

Soldato
@Born to kill, my fps sits around the 40/50 mark in cities etc, but near 60 on less dense areas no AA.

Might have to drop to 1440p or tweak the .ini for 4K. Times of needing to SLI grows stronger!

Associate
Seen lots of reports of frame rates dropping on console during fire fights indoors. How is the PC version handling this. Only just made it outside but frame rate has stayed at a solid 60.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
The sweetfx looks good, will try that tonight. It looks like it also removes the plastic/wet look from skin, or is that a coincidence from those screens?

I really can't get my head around the ugliness of the UI, and its navigation method. Hopefully there will be a mod to change it to FO3 style.

Soldato
ahh good to know, looking forward to playing this tonight.

No worries, the only things I've had to 'tweak' is the FOV to 90 in the ini files, removing vsync (ipresetinterval or something like that) in the ini files and forcing it via nvidia control panel (adaptive with triple buffering).

Other than that, every single option to ultra (for some reason, it put god rays to high, not ultra, I soon sorted that).

I get a tiny little stutter here and there but I think that's down to file loading. And barely notice it.

I'm going to try a few ini tweaks, such as the ugrids.

Associate
No worries, the only things I've had to 'tweak' is the FOV to 90 in the ini files, removing vsync (ipresetinterval or something like that) in the ini files and forcing it via nvidia control panel (adaptive with triple buffering).

Other than that, every single option to ultra (for some reason, it put god rays to high, not ultra, I soon sorted that).

I get a tiny little stutter here and there but I think that's down to file loading. And barely notice it.

I'm going to try a few ini tweaks, such as the ugrids.

Ahhh okay that's interesting, cheers for the info. What is the default FOV? i normally set it to 90 for games where possible also.

Associate
Dont know if im being stupid or not but i'm finding the base building side of things a bit tricky.

When you transfer your junk to your workbench, is that you scrapping it for its components? I'm assuming not as you can go in and take the items back out but all the guides ive read to rty and get a handle on this just keep telling you to dump all the junk in the bench. Ive went round and scrapped the bit lying about sanctuary but not sure how I go about getting rid of excess weapons, clothes and junk.

One guide was saying to dump your power armour in the workbench but I don’t want it scrapped.

Soldato
Windows 7
970gtx

Everything on Ultra except shadows set to high.
Motion Blur off

Was getting 130ish fps inside the vault but I got the bug that sticks you to the computer terminals. Making you unable to get off them lol. Apparently it can be caused by certain FPS, so I ended up turning on v-sync to run at a static 60. That has stopped the issue.

Unfortunately this is the 1st game that has made me feel nauseous. Before I went to sleep last night I have tried getting the FOV to 90, so hopefully that will make a difference.

The UI is a complete mess for the PC. I am having to use a controller as it's just to frustrating an experience using mouse and keyboard.

Soldato
Dont know if im being stupid or not but i'm finding the base building side of things a bit tricky.

When you transfer your junk to your workbench, is that you scrapping it for its components? I'm assuming not as you can go in and take the items back out but all the guides ive read to rty and get a handle on this just keep telling you to dump all the junk in the bench. Ive went round and scrapped the bit lying about sanctuary but not sure how I go about getting rid of excess weapons, clothes and junk.

One guide was saying to dump your power armour in the workbench but I don’t want it scrapped.

Junk seems to be available anywhere once you drop it off at any workbench / stand or what not. So yeah unload those anywhere you want. For spare stuff like weapons, you can offload then into the stands and bench also, but they will only be available from that particular bench / stand.

For Power Armor, stand underneath one of those yellow Power Armor stands you see in the title screen to get some power Armor related options.

Soldato
@Born to kill, my fps sits around the 40/50 mark in cities etc, but near 60 on less dense areas no AA.

Might have to drop to 1440p or tweak the .ini for 4K. Times of needing to SLI grows stronger!

Thanks for that, 40/50 fps will be find for me as I'm using Gsync and a TX@1525mhz so will be nice and smooth, now just gotta wait till tonight to play.

Back
Top Bottom