*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
First strike specific drop....after 50 odd Sunless Cell runs...and it's the void fusion rifle.

Because we don't all have enough void fusion rifles :|

Caporegime
Few tips for you;

Don't bother buying stuff from vendors at your light level, just rely on what drops you get as they'll keep on increasing as your light level increases.

This 110%...do not buy any vendor gear, they will drop as you do strikes etc. What I would suggest is going with the dead orbit faction and buy the hung jury Sr4 scout rifle. Widely regarded as the best scout rifle at the moment, level it up and enjoy watching heads pop and explode into a ball of fire :p

Soldato
Vanguard marks are pretty easy to come by, might as well get some armour with decent perks (there's some great vendor gear) and infuse the blues into them instead of wearing blue stuff with crappy perks.

Looking forward to getting all my NM gear infused up so I can ditch the fugly raid armour on my titan.

Soldato
I wouldn't go as far as to say 110% don't buy vendor gear. Drops from strikes is RNG so it depends on what you get, I was not getting decent boots drop so I bought some. Yeah eventually some better ones did drop but the boost in light rom buying the boots was advantageous.

Soldato
From reddit earlier

Greetings Guardians! I'm a daily reader of this sub for staying up to date on this game, but I have never posted anything of my own.

As you all may know, last week we were made aware that we still have not discovered the proper utilization of 3oC.

I think my fireteam may have found it.

After some thorough testing over the weekend, along with the help of fellow guardians learning the true nature of the Three of Coin tarot, we believe that there is a direct relation with the vanguard strike streak to our precious 3oC. This method has given us 9 exotics out of 10 coins used.

Here are the steps...

Make sure that you do not have the 3oC buff active (kill a ultra if you do)
Load into the vanguard strike playlist (Heroic strikes seem to work as well)
Complete two strikes without 3oC
On the beginning of the third strike (once you have loaded in, and are on the ground) activate a Three of Coin and proceed the strike as normal
Killing an ultra has given us a 90% chance of an exotic
Exit back to orbit and return to the playlist
EDIT: A clarifying answer: if the third strike is dust palace, complete it and pop the three of coin on the forth strike and we also received an exotic, you can do this solo or with a partial fireteam. We Did experiment with popping the ToC too early (at the end of the second strike), this resulted in no exotic while my friend who was running the strikes with me popped his at the beginning of the third resulted in an exotic for him.

I need more data, guardians, help me out, go get some engrams. Disprove me if you can!

It's dark out there Guardian, go bring us back the light.

edit: Spelling, formatting, added step 6.

Associate
Does anyone know if the PDX-45 has the annoying pull to the left? It's seems to be pretty endemic of the Hakke pulse rifles, but not sure if it also affects the Suros.

Soldato
A[L]C;28800823 said:
Suros PDX-45 available at the gunsmith this week. Meant to be the same as the hawksaw

I love mine. Have 2 more on order in case the rolls are superior.

Does anyone know if the PDX-45 has the annoying pull to the left? It's seems to be pretty endemic of the Hakke pulse rifles, but not sure if it also affects the Suros.

My roll has max stability and barely moves. It's pretty much a hacksaw in different colours

Caporegime
anybody else feeling a little bit burnt out ?

I'm finally fed up of pulling the lever on the Destiny One Armed Bandit of Loot. Its bad enough that you do the hard mode raid, and get crap quality items, or even no items at all, but you've also got to constantly grind to find 290 + light level items to upgrade any vendor gear you buy or gunsmith items you buy. You can't infuse raid weapons straight into them, as you lose 20 % of the light difference when you do it. So you have to do it in stages, which takes 10 weapon parts a piece ...

Much preferred the etheric light system. At least with prison of elders you knew how much time you needed to invest to get the etheric light on the 32 and 34 POE. Now you can invest hours and hours and if you're unlucky not get anything but armor engrams or weapon engrams that turn into strange coins.

A poster on reddit talked about how the whole design of destiny is greared up to make you addicted to playing the game. They've done behavioral studies that show that we'll keep pulling the lever on the one armed bandit in the hope of a getting a reward if they tune the lever to give you a reward every so often, the mice will keep pulling it. Tune the lever to not give a reward often enough, and the mice stopped pulling it.

I've reached THAT point.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...destiny_addictive_formula_detailed_by_bungie/

I still love destiny, I've invested more time in Destiny any other single game (i'm currently nearing 1000 hours of play time)

But i need a break. There's more to life than doing the raid again in the hope of getting 320 light items.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yup I have burned out as there is simply nothing left for me to do beyond attempting to get higher than 312 light. Unfortunately going higher is completely pointless and in the long run will make no difference.

Raiding with people from the forums is the only thing that I still find fun (more down to the people than the game) in the game as Bungie has stripped out the rest of it with "rebalancing" and other changes.

Back
Top Bottom