*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Bit of a long shot - if anyone is on Xbone now or soon I could use a hand getting through the Sleeper Simulant missions (killing knights).
Yes I know most can solo it but I suck having spent ages now trying it - best is I got to boss but died :(
Gamertag is Impster77 is you want to send a invite

...finally nailed it.....

Last edited:
Associate
Any xb1 peeps up for a VoG run tomorrow afternoon, say around 1pm? It's for my NTTE quest.

Vault of Glass raid, 1pm, Sunday 08/11/15

1. hairyhen
2. skidmarkboy
3. craigwilliamp

Associate
Bit of a long shot - if anyone is on Xbone now or soon I could use a hand getting through the Sleeper Simulant missions (killing knights).
Yes I know most can solo it but I suck having spent ages now trying it - best is I got to boss but died :(
Gamertag is Impster77 is you want to send a invite

My strategy was to use an arc shotgun and hang around in the top left corner (11 o'clock position from the console) to avoid being flanked. The knights will come to you one at a time. One blast with the shotgun and then a melee as they come up the steps should do the trick. The rest is easy :)

I'll can't make it on just now so good luck!

Associate
Been a busy boy today and got my backside in to gear...
- Touch of Malice
- Sleeper Simulant
- No Time To Explain

Along with my beloved Black Spindle, I feel (temporarily) content, a rare occurence with Destiny. I really want more hard mode armour and the raid machine gun though.

Caporegime
I still need to do this for NTTE, so if you have a space left give me a shout. GT: thoseion :)

Hey thor, team is full now I'm afraid. You can be first reserve. Look out for my friend request :)

Sadly I'm going to have to bail out on this raid, missus wants me to go do some shopping with her. So Thor can take my spot if he wants, I've got my NTTE as it is.

I'll be on for tonight's KF raid though.

Soldato
Finally stopped being lazy, and did the quest for Touch of Malice. Collected about 20 cancerous figments last night, did the special Undying Mind strike and Fears Embrace mission this morning to get the shiny mcguffins for Eris. It's a fun gun to use, even if it's a bit scary when you're low on health. Looking forward to the Tuesday reset so I can try it out in the raid. Spindle for the Warpriest and Golgy, ToM for the Daughters and Oryx.

Associate
Finally stopped being lazy, and did the quest for Touch of Malice. Collected about 20 cancerous figments last night, did the special Undying Mind strike and Fears Embrace mission this morning to get the shiny mcguffins for Eris. It's a fun gun to use, even if it's a bit scary when you're low on health. Looking forward to the Tuesday reset so I can try it out in the raid. Spindle for the Warpriest and Golgy, ToM for the Daughters and Oryx.

Same here, fragments were a little bit of a challenge as had 5 other unknown ones on an alt, but worked out OK in the end.

I tried it on Daughters today, so much easier than trying to crit repeatedly with Black Spindle.

I've killed myself a few times with it, getting carried away. Works great though when used in conjunction with Blessings of Light :D

Soldato
Hello everyone!

not sure if its better that i start a new thread or post in here, so trying here first.

Having got a copy of the base game of Destiny (no expansions) and never having played it before the TK (and appropriate updates) i am really enjoying it.

I have ordered a copy with all the DLC and currently am sitting at level 20.

I am playing a warlock and wondered if there was a good - beginners do's and dont's so i dont end up wasting time on something etc.

Any hints and tips would be great from you lot :)

Regards

Associate
Hello everyone!

not sure if its better that i start a new thread or post in here, so trying here first.

Having got a copy of the base game of Destiny (no expansions) and never having played it before the TK (and appropriate updates) i am really enjoying it.

I have ordered a copy with all the DLC and currently am sitting at level 20.

I am playing a warlock and wondered if there was a good - beginners do's and dont's so i dont end up wasting time on something etc.

Any hints and tips would be great from you lot :)

Regards

Few tips for you;

First of all, you will get a one-time use consumable to boost you to level 25, it's not much of a time saving, but still.

In terms of levelling up efficiently, daily bounties, story missions, strikes and quest lines are best.

For the quest lines, try and work through them as quick as possible, as some you will be able to complete "naturally" as you play the game, rather than retrospectively doing what you've done already. Stack them all up as you don't have do technically concentrate on one at a time.

As for light level, the best tip I can offer is when you decrypt your engrams, do them one at a time. If one decrypts with a higher light level than current, equip it and then go on to decrypt the next. Engrams will decrypt based on your light level, so you can jump quite high by ensuring your light is maxed out each time.

Ensure you are happy with the Warlock as your main, it's easier to change your mind than it is later. Some of us run three characters a week, others choose to run just one. I've recently decided to just have the one now. However you need to be sure in which class suits you best. For me, the Titan has a great mix of defence and offense. For raiding, the Hunters and Titans are generally favourable for their additional group damage via their supers. However the Warlock does have it's benefits also, such as clearing mobs or giving you self revive as a crutch.

Don't bother buying stuff from vendors at your light level, just rely on what drops you get as they'll keep on increasing as your light level increases.

You'll be at level 40 before you know it, then the real game begins in the sense of grinding away to get your light level up. 290-300 light level is the hard grind, keep on playing Nightfalls, Raids etc to get some much needed high light level armour. 300-310 is generally the high average you'll see most people at, with 310+ being achievable from hard mode raids and Trials of Osiris.

The lads on here are all great and will happily help you with certain missions later on that may be difficult to solo. Likewise check out the alternative raid thread once you get to light level 295+.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just used it in the Oryx fight, with my slightly under-levelled titan. Really nice to use when under the aura. Not so much fun when you get pulled into the bubble and your health won't regenerate.

If you are worried about using ToM when fighting the shade, there is enough time between the bomb phase ending and the shade starting to quickly change out your primary.

Soldato
As for light level, the best tip I can offer is when you decrypt your engrams, do them one at a time. If one decrypts with a higher light level than current, equip it and then go on to decrypt the next. Engrams will decrypt based on your light level, so you can jump quite high by ensuring your light is maxed out each time. - this is a great tip that i was not aware of. Ill be sure to look at that properly when i get on next.

Back
Top Bottom