The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Thats quite a set-up change. How are you finding your new lifestyle?

A lot less stressful! Enjoying having evenings and weekends to spend with my family (and myself!) Rather than at weddings or editing constantly.

And I love the x100. There are better cameras out there but it just feels special to hold it and the IQ is still absolutely stunning. Finally back to enjoying taking photos!

Soldato
A lot less stressful! Enjoying having evenings and weekends to spend with my family (and myself!) Rather than at weddings or editing constantly.

And I love the x100. There are better cameras out there but it just feels special to hold it and the IQ is still absolutely stunning. Finally back to enjoying taking photos!

yea pro work is not for me either. wouldnt do it for pro. for me photography is a hobby and i enjoy it as is mate.

i would have gotten a a7r2 though and slap on a 35 f2.8 and call it a day though! ;)

Soldato
yea pro work is not for me either. wouldnt do it for pro. for me photography is a hobby and i enjoy it as is mate.

i would have gotten a a7r2 though and slap on a 35 f2.8 and call it a day though! ;)

Why out of budget! Plus it wouldn't just be a 35/2.8, I'd always be eyeing up more kit!

As it is I'm looking at the wide and tele adapters for the Fuji, I'd bankrupt myself if I had another changeable lens camera :eek:

Soldato
Why out of budget! Plus it wouldn't just be a 35/2.8, I'd always be eyeing up more kit!

As it is I'm looking at the wide and tele adapters for the Fuji, I'd bankrupt myself if I had another changeable lens camera :eek:
diddnt you sell your pro gear? im sure the amount you got out of all of that you could buy the entire line of E mount sony lenses along with a a7r2 and a7s2!!!!

a7r2, 35 f2.8 and a 21 loxia f2 manual lens and your laughing

Soldato
Cyanide.........On the first photo that you posted in your set of three above. What is that folder in the bottom middle for which contains squares of different colours?

Just curious.

Thank you

Datacolor SpyderCHECKR - you take a shot of it in each lighting condition you'll be shooting under with each of your cameras then the lightroom plugin samples the colours on the photos then creates a colour profile so you can keep all your colours consistent across all your cameras and lighting conditions.

Kei

Kei

Soldato
New macro to replace the tamron 90/2.8 in EF mount from when I shot canon. Was too good a bargain to pass up. Build quality is absolutely superb, even has a velvet lined hood which is not something I expected.
Tokina 100mm f2.8 Macro by Kyle, on Flickr

A hoya proND 200 filter or 7 & 2/3 stops. (was cheaper than all of the others for some reason) Didn't need the full 10 stopper as my film is 25-50 ISO and the D810 is 31-64 which makes for quite long exposures anyway.
Hoya ProND 200 by Kyle, on Flickr

Soldato
Gitzo Traveller, on sale at half price so couldn't resist :)

travel.jpg

Caporegime
Little product report

Well, the Pelican case 1510 sure is worth it. I decided to use it instead of my Thinktank International V2. Both of which are hand luggage size but the Thinkthank can actually hold more and lighter because of the design and material.

On my second leg of my journey, I had to get on a small passenger aircraft and the overhead compartment is too small for my Pelican case, so it went into the hold literally 2 steps away from the door of the plane. Put a tag on the handle and handed it over to the luggage people.

When I landed and they bought it back to me, it clearly had been dropped in so much force that both latches were open and was only held together by the 2 TSA locks. Luckily everything inside survived. So on the way back I decided to put gaffer tape around the case too incase it happened again.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Glad everything survived. I'm always nervous flying with a lot of camera gear. My local airport is a smaller regional so most of the flights out a small turboprop planes that have 1 row of single seats and 1 row of double seats. The overhead bins don;t take a regular carry on, and even a moderate sized backpack wont fit.

I use my F-stop Loka with the medium ICU. Get on the plane, unzip the back panel and place the ICU in the overhead and squeeze the rest of the bag under the seat. Occasionally I have to ditch my backpack at the gate and just take the ICU with me, in these cases a strong bag helps carry anything else like ipad, documents, books on to the plane and the gate check can take an empty backpack.

Soldato
Sony a6000 and the 18-200mm le. I think I like it so far
Was fed up on carrying the 60d around

79E9B143-BB7F-4C25-81D1-14FA131DF381_zpsddhxi4jq.jpg

It's a little chunky, I think I'll add a 35mm at some point.

UEdzo20.jpg

I would be interested into why people are buying mirrorless when they have a DSLR? Looking at the above pictures Mirrorless isn't really a size saving, especially as you also need to carry 20+ spare batteries with you for a days shooting :p

Back
Top Bottom