What did you do to your bike today?

Man of Honour
I would go to your local hardware shop. Online sources are all expensive for that. Think my brother also paid something like £6 for a few litres.

That made me think though... does the stuff have a shelf life?

Long enough not to worry about when it costs the same for 5lt as a single can of branded chain cleaner.

Associate
I bought a foggy mask and tested it out today. Absolutely no fogging up what-so-ever. The front velcro piece goes over my sena-10 mic, but doesn't have any noticeable effect on sound quality.

It's the best anti-fog thingy I've tried so far (used muc off anti-fog mist stuff + pinlock).

Man of Honour
That's a myth,a guy tested it on o rings,he soaked them in petrol for a week and they didn't swell

It simply wouldn't be on the chain long enough to do any damage

Wrong.

You can find a much more detailed test here:
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/chain-o-ring-wd-40-exposure-effects-study-and-results.345397/

And the results table here:
oringexcel.jpg

Please be careful about spreading misinformation, someone may damage their bike as a result of it.

Soldato
Grr, couple of bulb in my number plate light have gone and my Mot is due next month. Just bought an exact replacement from Amazon, small 4 led light for under £5 but it's going to be a pain to fit as I have to remove my rack by the looks of it. Fun weekend job.

Back
Top Bottom