• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Also getting the display corruption on Google Chrome people are talking about on 16.3.1 its gone beserk before and I had to restart my computer... FreeSync + XL2730Z etc ... really hoping CFX profile for NFS 2015 can be ironed out .... nice looking game, just the kind of car culture elements and vehicles I enjoy!

@AMDMatt I saw your PC on the AMD support forums, WHAT A MONSTER .. 4 FURY X? insane ...

to replicate the problem you need to open multiple webpage tabs ....

Soldato
Also getting the display corruption on Google Chrome people are talking about on 16.3.1 its gone beserk before and I had to restart my computer... FreeSync + XL2730Z etc ... really hoping CFX profile for NFS 2015 can be ironed out .... nice looking game, just the kind of car culture elements and vehicles I enjoy!

@AMDMatt I saw your PC on the AMD support forums, WHAT A MONSTER .. 4 FURY X? insane ...

to replicate the problem you need to open multiple webpage tabs ....

Since crimson launched I've been periodically getting display driver stopped responding messages.

But I've only got a 6450 in this machine. So using 16.2.1 drivers.

Soldato
Can't find anything about it searching google but I'm experiencing a flickering screen when browsing the internet in Chrome having updated to 16.3. Anyone know anything about this - assume I should just roll back to earlier version...

Do you run multiple monitors?

Are you both using ASUS MG279Q monitors?

I am on 16.3.1 and I have a BenQ XL2730Z also and I have no problems either.
Very Odd!

:confused:

Maybe it's multi-monitor related?

EDIT:

This is the glitching i get - It does this with hardware acceleration both on and off:

Last edited:
Associate
Do you run multiple monitors?

Maybe it's multi-monitor related?

EDIT:

This is the glitching i get - It does this with hardware acceleration both on and off:

I had this using Opera (Chromium based) and disabling smooth scrolling under opera://flags (or in your case chrome://flags) fixed it for me.

Edit: Looks like this feature was turned on by default as of Chrome version 49 (which more or less coincided with the 16.3.1 Crimson release)

http://www.ghacks.net/2016/03/16/turn-off-smooth-scrolling-google-chrome/

Last edited:
Associate
Im using triple monitors on 16.3.1 with the latest chrome with smooth scrolling enabled and have no issues at all.

It is a strange problem. I have both Chrome and Opera installed, and Opera exhibited the same behaviour thebennyboy posted with smooth scrolling on and yet I can't replicate the issue in Chrome with the feature turned on.

I am more inclined to think there's something wrong with the browser installation rather than the driver for that reason.

Soldato
Uninstalled 16.3.1, ran DDU, installed 16.3.1 again.

Still getting these weird split second picture shifts while browsing in Chrome.

Still getting these freezes to a black screen where I have to reboot or turn off the pc, it seems to happen when on websites with lots of (flash?) adverts around the page.

Just disabled smooth scrolling in Chrome, to see if that helps with the picture shift issue.
Been using a DP1.2 cable since around Xmas.

Normally running at 1440p @ 144Hz on my XL2730Z.

Edit: With multiple Chrome tabs open, I'm being informed that Flash has crashed on specific tabs and I'm given the option to "reload."

Last edited:
Soldato
I have a problem where when I change the resolution using CCC, after a minute it keeps changing back again. This is annoying as it defaulted to 720p and when I set to to 1080p it changes back after a minute or so, even if I close CCC.

(If I change the resolution using the Windows options, it goes to 1080i /30Hz :/ )

Associate
I have a problem where when I change the resolution using CCC, after a minute it keeps changing back again. This is annoying as it defaulted to 720p and when I set to to 1080p it changes back after a minute or so, even if I close CCC.

(If I change the resolution using the Windows options, it goes to 1080i /30Hz :/ )

I suspect HDMI cable ;)

Back
Top Bottom