• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Permabanned
Sticking with 15.11, too many problems with the 16's

Regarding what? They've been nearly flawless here on a single gpu. There was an issue on Crimsons release that got fixed within a few days and since then I've been extremely happy with them, They were slow with the ROTTR and GOW support but that's becoming part and parcel of how it is sadly. Overall they've been very good since that first update. I've spent a lot of time in FO4 this weekend and gpu-z shows stable core speed and in game it's been great.
Which particular games are you having problems with?

Associate
It's pretty evident that AMD couldn't care less about The Division Crossfire profile. So, another few weeks playing at sub 50fps until the next driver disappointment and the next reply from myself on the matter then.

Wow, seriously??? The game has issues with multigpu in general, do you expect AMD to develop a game engine for game devs????

Caporegime
It's easy to blame AMD also Tony.. How meny drivers been released now? What does that honestly tell you? It's clearly a issue AMD needs to work with the developer and not something AMD can just patch up alone.

It boggles my mind why so many people on here think everything is down to AMD or even Nvidia when it comes to crossfire or sli it's more than one party involved.
I can understand your concern after buying two GPUs but have you even considered getting onto Ubisoft back also? Or you just going to keep spamming AMD?

AMD will happily sell an almost £1k dual GPU card with "worlds fastest" all over the box - but they don't mention "doesn't actually work on half the latest titles" so I think it's fair to lay the blame at their feet.

Caporegime
I'm not talking about the dual Fiji, just in general - 7990, 295x2.

The dual Fiji is just a joke though, does AMD even have a GPU compute market? Because you'd have to be a total mug to buy it for gaming.

Soldato
AMD will happily sell an almost £1k dual GPU card with "worlds fastest" all over the box - but they don't mention "doesn't actually work on half the latest titles" so I think it's fair to lay the blame at their feet.

Hows it AMDs fault if a Devs cant get a game working?

So if a game releases with no MultiGPU support thats AMD or Nvidia fault?
So if a game releases with performance or glitches thats also AMD or Nvidia fault?

How? They is only so much AMD and Nvidia can do with DX11 the games engine and development is what matter more. Snowdrop being a new engine has its issues with MultiGPU not only AMD here!

Like I have said meany times its easy to blame AMD they devs get away with it all afteral they built the bloody game.

Soldato
Fallout 4 flickered exactly the same on Crossfire, it was fixed with a new driver from AMD..That game had zero mgpu love from Bethesda like all of their games shanks.

The Division is a game where the devs actually have created a game that supports MGPU. SLI works without flicker according to several of my friends, all be it pretty average scaling, but at least it works and is playable. This might well be the biggest selling game of the year so far and they are adding a crossfire profile for a 6 month old game that I'm guessing no one here has even played let alone even heard of.

And there is a 26 page thread on The Division Forum in the PC tech section regarding the flickering on Crossfire, it's a well known issue and has been for some time as you would expect.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fallout 4 flickered exactly the same on Crossfire, it was fixed with a new driver from AMD..That game had zero mgpu love from Bethesda like all of their games shanks.

The Division is a game where the devs actually have created a game that supports MGPU. SLI works without flicker according to several of my friends, all be it pretty average scaling, but at least it works and is playable. This might well be the biggest selling game of the year so far and they are adding a crossfire profile for a 6 month old game that I'm guessing no one here has even played let alone even heard of.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture isn't out yet. :p

And the reason other games had no MGPU support is because the devs didnt bother working them features in. Fallout 4 is different and the devs have worked with AMD and Nvidia to bring this into FO4
Like I said MGPU is a two way party both Driver and game need support. If it was a Driver issue am sure it would have been sorted by now Tony its not like AMD has been quite releasing drivers so this tells me they is more to this than just a driver..

It would be nice if AMDmatt could dig deeper on this afteral it would be nice to hear some form of feedback.

Last edited:
Soldato
got a problem with rise of the tomb raider, if i enable dx12 the pc crashes when i try and launch the game, i disable it and game starts fine

Do you have Crossfire enabled? If yes then that's the problem because the game is DX12 and as such Crossfire needs to be programmed by the devs not AMD profiles.

If not then enable DX11 mode and enjoy higher FPS anyway.

Soldato
Do you have Crossfire enabled? If yes then that's the problem because the game is DX12 and as such Crossfire needs to be programmed by the devs not AMD profiles.

If not then enable DX11 mode and enjoy higher FPS anyway.

im using a single fury tr x, playing in dx11 is not a problem but i just wanted to try dx12 and now a bit puzzled as to why the game wont even load without the pc crashing, if its just me then its got to be something stupid im doing

Back
Top Bottom