What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
Now it's getting warmer the bracelet on me Seamaster is getting a bit too tight, I tried half links etc but it's either miles too loose or a bit snug. Clasp has no microadjustment so I might resort to getting one of the Omega NATO straps. I think this looks pretty good.

zclZEd0.png

Associate
At a year old, it should still be under warranty,

I would send it in to Omega

An update on the above, I figured it out after getting the manual out. You need to turn the crown anti clockwise (which is the opposite of what I thought, and the opposite of my other watch) and you also need to turn it a few times before it moves. Because I don't need to set the date very often I was basically just doing it wrong, the watch is fine I think!

On a separate note, where is the best place to sell luxury watches such as my Omega. I am currently buying a house and could do with some extra cash. I don't really want to sell it but I might need to raise a bit of extra cash quickly, just considering my options. I mean it could take it into a jewellers but obviously they wouldn't give me as much as I might get privately.

Chrono24? Just worried about being scammed if I was to do it online tbh.

Soldato
On a separate note, where is the best place to sell luxury watches such as my Omega. I am currently buying a house and could do with some extra cash. I don't really want to sell it but I might need to raise a bit of extra cash quickly, just considering my options. I mean it could take it into a jewellers but obviously they wouldn't give me as much as I might get privately.

Chrono24? Just worried about being scammed if I was to do it online tbh.

Jewellers remove the scam likelihood, so you sort of pay for that with the possibility of not getting 'market' value for it.

When you're dealing with this sort of price, I personally prefer the peace of mind that comes with dealing with professionals or people you know/have a reputation to uphold.

Randomers on ebay/other online sites? No thank ye. And whilst you pay for that, you are also paying to not get scammed, so it's a two way street.

Soldato
Could anyone recommend a watch for under £300 that would be suited for two best men at a wedding, also as a present for them too? I have been looking at Christopher Ward and Hamilton watches so far but can't make my mind up.

Soldato
Could anyone recommend a watch for under £300 that would be suited for two best men at a wedding, also as a present for them too? I have been looking at Christopher Ward and Hamilton watches so far but can't make my mind up.

Do either of them already wear watches? As in, are either of them what you'd describe as 'into watches'?

Soldato
Tissot Visodate perhaps? Orient Bambino if you want a budget option.
Thank you! I had been eying up the Visodate, it is a lovely piece.

Do either of them already wear watches? As in, are either of them what you'd describe as 'into watches'?
They do wear watches yes, though they aren't 'into' them as such. They've always worn cheapy watches and I'd like to get them something they would hopefully appreciate and respect. My bank balance is taking an absolute hammering with all the wedding prep so far! :(

Soldato
They do wear watches yes, though they aren't 'into' them as such. They've always worn cheapy watches and I'd like to get them something they would hopefully appreciate and respect. My bank balance is taking an absolute hammering with all the wedding prep so far! :(

Gotcha. Something interesting and unusual then - bit of bonding over an unusual timepiece that might then get them further 'into watches'.

Will you be getting the same as them?

Back
Top Bottom