****Official Doom 4 Thread****

Caporegime
Completed the campaign on the second hardest difficulty in 11 hours, it doesn't out-stay it's welcome.

Was pretty fantastic as far as i'm concerned.

Would happily play through it again as well. I probably only found 2/3rd of the secrets.

Gotta say, I thought the music was really brilliant, and I don't tend to notice game soundtracks much.

Didn't have any crashing on Nvidia Titan X.

Oh, and once you unlock the Super-shotgun full upgrade (Shoot twice before reload) it becomes the most useful weapon in the game IMO.

Would imagine that 'Nightmare' mode with just 1 life is pretty difficult!

Last edited:
Soldato
Im starting to enjoy this more and more. Is there a way to turn off the melee kill cam? Its good at first but with the chainsaw its a bit annoying and you cant quickly run around sawing through enemies

Soldato
Liking this game more than I was expecting to. Not doing well at finding secrets mind you, or the collectables, but enjoying shooting the hell out of, well, hell.

Not had a single crash so far, performance is outstanding on my 980 Ti

Soldato
Never played a Doom game, won't play the MP, is this worth the money for SP alone?

In my opinion most definitely yes, assuming its still available for around £22 and you're not paying full RRP. Though of course it depends what type of games you like.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it just me but Shadow and Textures they is zero difference in setting? Shadows I cant see anything, even Textures.

I needed to lower shadow to sort out my FPS and switched between ultra and low a few times while looking at a shadow on the floor as I was curious as to what I would be missing out on, I could tell the difference but it was definitely very minimal.

Soldato
I generally don't go for twitch shooters, but it looks mindless enough to play for an hour when I can find the motivation to play something which is why I'm looking at it.

One of the reasons I wanted it, don't have hours each day to game and rank up or build a character whatever so being able to jump in and play a level or so works for me.

Soldato
Is anyone else trying to get all the challenges etc done on every level? The ocd in me wont let me complete it until I have done all the challenges, which makes some of the battles a little harder when you're trying to do a specific glory kill.

Associate
Is anyone else trying to get all the challenges etc done on every level? The ocd in me wont let me complete it until I have done all the challenges, which makes some of the battles a little harder when you're trying to do a specific glory kill.

Yeah, I'm trying to do all the challenges and trials as well. One of the suit upgrades that pings when you are near a secret is pretty good to get early on.

Soldato
Worth a buy review is out. Always interesting to watch his videos and i rekon hes spot on again.

Fantastic mindless shooter with epic graphics and well worth the money

Soldato
All the achievements, game time and screenshots suddenly appearing now :)

This game is punishing my 960...

May save it for when I get a 1070 tbh.

Back
Top Bottom