Biker's Cafe Chatroom

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Although for £5k I'd actually probably try and get a Ducati 848, preferably the EVO model.

The design of 848, 1098 and 1198 is the sexiest style of all ducatis imho. I love the front lights, apparently they're useless though? I don't care, they still look sexy. :cool: :D

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Franks been walked & pre flight checks done, Off to Alf Englands to get a set of plugs & an air filter & will take a little run around the lanes whilst out that way then back home for a fitting.

Soldato
Meh the forecast is going mad for the rest of the week and the weekend, no point looking at it now I don't think.

Today was raining, then it wasn't, then it was, then it wasn't, then the entire week was raining, now Thursday isn't. :rolleyes:

I did want to go for a decent length ride this weekend to test the positioning of my Kriega packs on the back, but don't particularly want to do that in the rain.

Soldato
Yeah its constantly changing at the moment! Glad I got my new front scrubbed in already before the unpredictable weather arrives.

I noticed that the SV's are in general really noisy, but I kinda like it. :p

If you had £5k to spend and you were looking to buy a sport/super bike, what bike you would go for? It can be anything from a 600cc, to a 1000cc... it doesn't have to be exactly 5k, it can be around that price range. :p

K5/6 GSXR 1000, £4k, it literally cant be beaten for the price ;)

But if its for you I'd go for the R6/ZX6R or 675 Daytona, with the Daytona being my personal choice.

Soldato
Daytona 675R :D

I almost bought one when I was waiting for my service last weekend :p

£105 a month PCP. Quickshifter, etc. The R in matte grey / black is so nice.

Soldato
Meh the forecast is going mad for the rest of the week and the weekend, no point looking at it now I don't think.

Today was raining, then it wasn't, then it was, then it wasn't, then the entire week was raining, now Thursday isn't. :rolleyes:

I did want to go for a decent length ride this weekend to test the positioning of my Kriega packs on the back, but don't particularly want to do that in the rain.

Post an image with them all loaded up if you manage it, I want to see what they look like on the back of a speed :)

It took me 20 minutes the other day to load up the bags, just need to remember not to put stuff under my seat :D someone on another forum said that when they got wet the straps stretched and he had to re-tighten them, but then his bags weren't exactly strapped on properly.

Soldato
Back from 6 days in Bratislava, Slovakia, 4 on track at the Slovakia Ring.

cpCkrC7.jpg

p6pgFEt.jpg

Unfortunately I managed to low side my 800 miles new rental BMW S1000RR on the second day, turn three, right hand hairpin and the front end just went, could have been going a little bit too fast, used much lean angle and only running Supercorsa SPs not SCs but whatever it was my fault!
I was already fully hanging off the bike so only had a short fall to the ground and my shoulder slider took all the damage and I wasn't even aching or sore the next day so that was lucky (always buy good gear!).

Bike was in a bad way, I thought it was mostly cosmetic as the fairings had snapped off and the rental bikes have no crash protection (weird I know!) but when the Germans inspected it there was coolant leaking and all the brake fluid in the front had drained out so no more BMW, back to Berlin for repair :(

QX8MbsP.jpg

nVq9q1S.jpg

5izGAeM.jpg
The good news is that I got to ride a friends bike as he left early, a 2015 Panigale R track bike! It was amazing, felt so light like my 899 but with 205hp! Couldn't stop smiling in my helmet every time I went round :D

Going to seriously look at getting my own track bike now though, not a Ducati but maybe an R1.

Also, Bratislava was great, the old town is nice, there lots of modern shops and restaurants along the river, great views everywhere ;) I would go back there for a visit even if I wasn't going to the track.

Soldato
He knew I was good for sorting out any damage if anything happened. To him they are tools for using on the track, the fairings he has on it don't exactly look pretty already!

I also helped him fix an electronics issue it was having on day one so without that he wouldn't have done much anyway so he owed me :p

I only met the guy last year as he is my mates boss and they are the ones who got me into doing track riding by loaning me his CBR600RR at Snetterton.

Biker's are so nice :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
What sort of speed where you doing when you had the lowside?

Poor S1000RR :(, although I don't like the 2nd gen. I think 1st gen looks sexier and meaner.

Edit:
Baby blue and Motorsport are the best colours for it imho. :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Somewhere around 60mph mid corner speed for me on that corner, was just cutting back to the apex, off the brakes, balanced throttle, getting ready to open it up and it just went away from me. Lucky I just slid down the track the way I was looking and the bike spun off into the gravel.

My first time ever coming off a road bike! Was very lucky as some others had a lot worse offs!

Yeah they don't really look or sound good but it is all you can rent with the people I go with and at least I can fit on it comfortably.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
2nd gen looks meh... the exhaust just like on any other bike you need to change it, stock never sounds good due to the amount of stupid restrictions they have to follow in order to be able to sell this bike to the public. :(

Man of Honour
Ummmm so the SV makes a pretty decent adventure bike. 7 miles of mostly 2-3ft of water, the flow coming across the A road from the side roads was enough to try and take me with it, not a single car followed me.

It was a little hairy but quite good fun once I'd gotten over the fact I couldn't see from the wall of water being thrown up in front of me and my family jewels swimming in cold water.

Soldato
2nd gen looks meh... the exhaust just like on any other bike you need to change it, stock never sounds good due to the amount of stupid restrictions they have to follow in order to be able to sell this bike to the public. :(

No matter the exhaust it doesn't sound good!

While there they had an S1000RR Cup race, 30 odd of them going past with all kinds of different setups. Just don't sound sweet and most people were in agreement while we watched from the stands, including owners who didn't race!

Nothing sounded as good as the Ducatis, KTM RC8 or R1s going past!

Each to their own though and all that :cool:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
K5/6 GSXR 1000, £4k, it literally cant be beaten for the price ;)
You know it has to be K6 1000 out of the ones you mentioned, everyone says that's the proper GSX-R. Have you heard that before? I met a guy who had 6 GSX-R's, showed me pictures of his garage and the guy who I bought my SV off had a K6 1000 saying that's the proper GSX-R. :confused: :p

But if its for you I'd go for the R6/ZX6R or 675 Daytona, with the Daytona being my personal choice.
Why "if its for" me? Any particular reason you mentioned those bikes? :p I like the daytona, I don't like the triple exhaust note though. It sounds like the bikes from video games e.g. RIDE. I'm sure its a v.good bike, but I'm not sure I could get over the way it sounds. :p

The R6 looks sexy, the position on it is a bit aggressive compared to some other 600's, the ZX6R from what I heard has decent breaks and suspension... plus I would make wazza300 happy haha :p

You haven't mentioned the K7 or K8 GSX-R 600-750? :confused: :(

Caporegime
My only gripe with mine is the seats hard,

Everything else is fine,engine is fantastic once you open it up,but I still love my 98 model,I don't think anything will match that for riding enjoyment

Edit: I think it'll be up for sale soon

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom