It didnt take them long - Fans fighting.

Associate
Just listening to talk sport and as they went to a reporter in with the fans when marseille fans started provoking english fans (chucking bottles i thimk) with police firing tear gas to break it up.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not justifying their actions at all. I'm just wondering what provoked them, the press mentions nothing about French supporters antagonising them.

sorry but it's a common behavior to act loutish signing disturbing the peace and having way to much to drink. Hey someone else must have started it. :rolleyes:

It's a bit of banter then bottles start getting lobbed.

Soldato
I think you'll find it's typical of 99.99999999999999999999999% of fans not to do stuff like this.
Idiotic statement.

Agreed but I've been to many games and I have the common sense to see when things are getting ugly. There were 100s of fans standing there while the police were getting pelted.

If you hang around chanting at police and see bottles getting lobbed then stand there shirtless bottle in hand saying "Come on" you are asking for it ;)

Soldato
nothing British here mate, its all English, and has been for years,

English football thugs, full stop

and as a Scotsman, I have never had a bad rep for being Scottish wherever I have went, in fact quite the opposite.

Maybe you would have to be in a European competition to cause trouble abroad :p

Do you think Scotland has no football hooligans?

Sounds like our "fans" were targeted by some Marseille local rebel leaders, we retaliates and now we're the ones to be made look bad by the media and public who jumped the gun.

But hey what's new.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Think those fighting will probably end up regretting it. French Riot Support Police tend to be a little more 'robust' than the UK equivalent.

Lock them up and give them 12 months, no early release. Would sort them out.

So 12 month sentence = all definitly losing thier job.

So loads of now unemployed thugs back on the streets.

Sounds like a plan

Back
Top Bottom