Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Nevermind Geldof showing two fingers to the fisherman (nice one Bob :rolleyes:), what's with the woman in leopardprint sticking her tongue out and showing them her shoe?:confused:

Is he actually swearing at the fishermen? Or is the photo out of context? Genuine question by the way, haven't had chance to see any context around it.

Associate
It was funny listening to that tool Alistair Darling on Good Morning Britain today. Apparently a trade treaty takes 10 years to push through. That's not far off 1/8th of a normal persons life. I'm not surprised it takes 10 years if he or any of the other blood suckers have anything to do with it.

And am sure no one will want to trade with us. LOL. All the money in our economy and countries will stop trading?

They've played the game wrong, it's got people's backs up more and more trying to scare everyone. Nothing is insurmountable, certainly not Europe

Switzerland took 10 years to negotiate their treaty with the EU. The treaty with Canada took 7 years. Trade treaties take time so the assertion that its 10 years is not far out. Name a trade treaty between 2 top 10 economies that was completed in a short time.

Its not suggested no one will trade with us that is a total straw man argument. The issue is the terms by which the trade will take place and the possibility of tariffs which raise prices, costs and inflation.

Soldato
Well as 44% of EU migrants have higher educations which is more than the figure for Brits quite a lot of them are. Around 100,000 migrants work in the NHS or care sector.

A guy shouting off his mouth on a TV debate was stressing how important immigration was to the UK. Apparently with an ageing population we will need loads of migrants to wipe our bums etc.

Soldato
Yep, fair one, but as I've already pointed out you do understand why there's a quota system in the first place don't you? Or are you just ignoring that fact completely?

Oh and from that article:

So, erm, back to you...

Nothing really more to say, other than if we leave the first battle we should enter is the one to regain our obvious access to more of the North sea, like Norway(who are doing very well), it runs right up all our east coast, not the French coast.

Soldato

vs

Geldof-566500.jpg

The agony of choice.

Soldato
Nothing really more to say, other than if we leave the first battle we should enter is the one to regain our obvious access to more of the North sea, like Norway(who are doing very well), it runs right up all our east coast, not the French coast.

However, the UK would still need to continue to recognise the historic right of some countries to fish in UK waters, including within some coastal zones.

It would also continue to be bound by obligations under the UN convention on the law of the sea and the UN fish stocks agreement, whether in or out of Europe.

Maria José Cornax, the fisheries director of the conservation group Oceana, said that reopening renegotiations on fish catches could have dangerous implications for hard-won rules on sustainable fishing.

You gave me the link to this article, and its literally answering all your points for me. This is why it baffles me when people make up their minds without actually reading the facts first.

Soldato
GD never changes...

With all the ranting re the flotilla protest, I'm surprised nobody has dropped this yet:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ved-in-63-million-fishing-fraud-a7083231.html

The salient point of that article is at the end:

Greenpeace said many small fishing businesses blame a fish quota allocation that favours large over small vessels for their dire predicament. But the organisation points out that distribution of fishing rights within the UK’s fleet is the responsibility of the UK’s fisheries minister.

Looks like a matter that requires better enforcement and careful management at home, not a haphazard Brexit.

95% part time strawberry & cabbage pickers

Let me guess -- another joker full of anecdotes and 'the spirit of the streets' washes his ill-informed laundry in public? Because this is utter overblown bull! Even according to MigrationWatch and their sources. Or have we totally disconnected from even the Brexit interpretation of the official statistics?:D How big do you think the agricultural sector is?

Being very generous, and going with your wild take on immigration, that would arithmetically make most UK agricultural workers r-EU citizens, which is simply untrue. Indeed, the sector is so small that it cannot practically accommodate the most economic migrants -- who, like the natives, predominantly end up in services -- let alone be a big enough draw factor to attract them in such fantastically sensational numbers in the first place.

In short, lay off the Leave.EU Twitter feed. It'll do you some good.

Caporegime
Hum, we've just had a letter from the CEO urging us to vote to remain.

Whilst I agree with the stance and points he's made, I don't like it coming in like this.

Don
OP
Hopefully, but who knows.

Jacob Rees-Mogg is spot-on in my opinion about Osborne:

Much as I'll be voting Remain, Jacob Rees-Mogg is someone who's views I actually trust. I don't believe all of the tripe that the Remain campaign is coming out with about the end of the world or the death of the UK economy, I just think that the UK is better off in the EU. That doesn't mean I agree with Cameron or Osborne about the potential disaster if we leave.

Personally, I think the UK will do just fine if we vote to leave. I think we will do better than fine if we stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom