Poll: The EU Referendum: How Will You Vote? (June Poll)

Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 794 45.1%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 965 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
How have trade deals within the EU led to UK cuts?

The argument that we would stop trading is a total straw man. The issue is the terms. Its pretty likely that you will be able to get your German car but under WTO rules it could have a 10% tariff so be more expensive if the £ devalues by the up to 30% being predicted by some currency traders then it will be more expensive. So yes you will still be able to buy your German car but worse case it will be 40% more expensive.

Prince Andrew would be to busy ****ing 17 year old girls to do any deals! Beside you lot moan about the un-democratic EU so you want to replace it with the un-elected inherited position aristocracy instead! Maybe we should just go back to an absolute monarchy.

I would stop buying German cars, and watch their country fall apart(as it is starting to now with mass immigration). We are(BMW) biggest customer in the EU, so I very much doubt they would price themselves out of the market. Looks like you've fell for the scaremoungering, and are doing a bit of it for the remain campaign. I guess it's a case of "Do you have faith in the British people?"... I do.

Agreed about andrew, and I'll drop the royal family, we should dismantle them next, once the Queen has gone.

Soldato
I would stop buying German cars, and watch their country fall apart(as it is starting to now with mass immigration). We are(BMW) biggest customer in the EU, so I very much doubt they would price themselves out of the market. Looks like you've fell for the scaremoungering, and are doing a bit of it for the remain campaign. I guess it's a case of "Do you have faith in the British people?"... I do.

Agreed about andrew, and I'll drop the royal family, we should dismantle them next, once the Queen has gone.

Problem is, you're not just negotiating with just the Germans, effectively the 26 states must give their consent to any Trade Deal. Italy held up the South Korean deal for years. In the absence of a deal WTO rules apply.

It's not scaremongering to say Trade Deals are complicated and take time.

Nate

Last edited:
Soldato
lol at fisherman who want fish themselves out of business..

The quota is there for a reason..morons.

Don't like the fishing industry get another job!

I doubt they are capable of fishing themselves out of business nowadays.

We lost a huge amount of Fisherman over the last few decades.

Unfortunately Fishing is very much like farming, it is very difficult to teach. Farmers and fisherman tend to hand the trade down from generation to generation. If you lose it is extremely hard if not impossible to rebuild.

I have farmers in my family, most now are groundskeepers in various national heritage sites.

Their demise is largely down to the supermarkets, although they were never protected from either the UK Government or the EU.

I also have never seen the benefit of Fisherman throwing back hundreds of tonnes of perfectly good dead fish back into the ocean so they don't break EU Quotas

Last edited:
Soldato
lol at fisherman who want fish themselves out of business..

The quota is there for a reason..morons.

Don't like the fishing industry get another job!
Aaaand more votes to Leave.
icon14.gif

Man of Honour
Problem is, you're not just negotiating with just the Germans, effectively the 26 states must give their consent to any Trade Deal. Italy help up the South Korean deal for years.

Nate

Everything that isn't pro leave is scaremongering apparently.

Soldato
Much as I'll be voting Remain, Jacob Rees-Mogg is someone who's views I actually trust. I don't believe all of the tripe that the Remain campaign is coming out with about the end of the world or the death of the UK economy, I just think that the UK is better off in the EU. That doesn't mean I agree with Cameron or Osborne about the potential disaster if we leave.

Personally, I think the UK will do just fine if we vote to leave. I think we will do better than fine if we stay.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Soldato
Problem is, you're not just negotiating with just the Germans, effectively the 26 states must give their consent to any Trade Deal. Italy held up the South Korean deal for years. In the absence of a deal WTO rules apply.

Nate

[TW]Fox;29631677 said:
Everything that isn't pro leave is scaremongering apparently.

You realise that the UK doesn't even have a trade deal with the US?

Don't let politicians (or the EU) deceive you, trade happens because a buyer and a seller agree a price.

Associate
I don't see how it's right at all, surely discriminating by political beliefs is not allowed?

A different view.

My brother co owns a firm with an EU resident. They have 14 employees, 9 who are EU residents. There has been a number of arguments relating to the brexit and increase nationalism sentiment between UK and EU residents. Some were voting for brexit.

They have lost the bidding on 2 contracts those are now going to 2 EU companies. The cost was negligible between the companies. Rather than lose more business and close down, my brother and co are seriously looking at relocating to mainland EU and they have floated the idea to the staff if a leave victory, would they be open to relocation.

11 said yes, 3 said no.

So he didn't ask them to vote remain, he just told them what the consequence of a leave vote winning were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom