Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
How is anyone going to deny an entire nation's request to be part of the EU? Practically all of Scotland voted to be a part of the EU, and they're not being allowed to.

The UK is a political Union of four countries. If the wishes of one of those countries aren't met then it sets the precident for leave referendum.

60% is not practically all of Scotland.

Caporegime
That is not a disadvantage. Big business such as VW will lobby hard for the EU accept this. Plus it is in both their interests. The easy win-win situations will get through quickly. Lose-lose will be avoided. Win-lose will be where there is compromise to make it win-win for both.

The very idea that they will give a concession like this to a non EU country whilst all the members have to abide strictly by the same rules is farcical.

Soldato
xETb.jpg

Soldato
I would imagine that as part of the punishment the UK is about to receive, if Scotland vote for independence the EU will take them with open arms and likely bend a few rules to let them in so they can further twist the knife into the "little englanders"

The UK is finished, party hard now while you have the chance because in 2 years time it will all be over and all those misinformed chavs will realise that they just literally sold the shirt off their children's backs because they didn't like DC.

Your posts are funny - keep them coming. Oh wait you're being serious.....

Soldato
I don't know if this is plausible, but when I read stuff like this, it hits home just how historic a decision this could be.

Some in the North are talking about it, but they've been talking about it for years. I don't see it being very likely personally. NI as a whole voted to remain, but a good chunk of it was majority leave.

I see this having bigger ramifications with the republic. The UK is their biggest trading partner by a large margin. If the EU decides to "punish" the UK, Ireland will be hit just as bad, or worse.
The whole negotiation is going to stir up the countries historical Euroscepticism a huge amount.

Associate
[TW]Fox;29682731 said:
Yes, and border controls with England. I can't see how you can have no border between an EU and a non EU state unless both are Schengen signatories.

She has to be sure the SNP will win first and foremost, look how that went last time ;)

Soldato
Why are all the remainers so flippin' sanctimonious, it's doing my nut in. There where many people far and above your intellect and social status who voted to leave. Can you all stop pulling the other one with the whole 'chavs / working class / uneducated / ignorant / Nazi's' voted out.

I don't hear any of this from the leave side, fair enough we are winding you up a rotten one but I don't see that we're anywhere near as sanctimonious as the average remainer comes across.

The word 'humble' springs to mind, a trait many of the remain MP's would do well to embrace at this time.
This isn't a freakin sporting match. If people are unhappy with the direction their country is heading, they have every right to complain about it.

Soldato
She's the most talented and competent politican the UK has. South of the border you're never going to get the information to show this, why would it be good for England to see the success of a politician who wasn't born in England. The spin of the truth on this is nothing short of staggering.

The job of a politician is to represent the interests and execute the will of the electorate who put them there.

Sturgeon had her independence referendum yet, rather than respecting the outcome and the overall will of the Scottish to remain part of the UK, she's been banging on about independence and the potential for a second referendum ever since. If she's such a great politician, perhaps she should respect the decision the Scottish made rather that pushing her own personal will and agenda?

I grant that the decision to leave the EU does actually constitute enough of a change to legitimately warrant a second independence referendum for Scotland but that doesn't change the fact she's been banging on about it ever since the first one. Given the chance she'd have had one every month until she got the result she wanted.

Soldato
Where does this leave Cultural Marxism in Britain? Who will save them from Western civilization? Will the EU fail like economic Marxism of the USSR? Twice the British working class would not lead a Marxist revolution, it seems we are too “racist” or “sexist” or “fascist” and is also mentally ill, even after decades of political correctness, positive discrimination and multiculturalism.

Man of Honour
I would imagine that as part of the punishment the UK is about to receive, if Scotland vote for independence the EU will take them with open arms and likely bend a few rules to let them in so they can further twist the knife into the "little englanders"

The UK is finished, party hard now while you have the chance because in 2 years time it will all be over and all those misinformed chavs will realise that they just literally sold the shirt off their children's backs because they didn't like DC.

What's David Coulthard got to do with it?

Permabanned
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/business-36561095

Sources within Morgan Stanley say it has already begun the process of moving about 2,000 of its London-based investment banking staff to Dublin or Frankfurt. And it has a taskforce in place.

The jobs which would be moved from the UK would be in euro clearing but also other investment banking functions and senior management.

The American investment bank needs to avail of the passporting system which allows banks to offer financial services in all countries in the EU without having to establish a permanent base in that member state.

The president of Morgan Stanley, Colm Kelleher, told Bloomberg two days ago that Brexit would be “the most consequential thing that we’ve ever seen since the war”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom