Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
What is the point of this post? The referendum is over, you lost.

The point is it underlines mine, and many other peoples point.

It seems we've been voted out by a bunch of 60+ers, who feel threatened by immigration because "they're taking our jobs".

The same people who expected the rest of the working age population to pay their triple locked pension.

There is so much irony in the result it's untrue.

if the economy struggles, and they maintain the triple lock, I predict a riot.

The older people who voted leave, aren't going to pay the price.. as always.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The Leave campaign didn't say they were going to spend £350m a week on the NHS, ploughing all the money into that wouldn't make sense.

They just used it as an example, that's how I read it anyway.

You mean, like this:

aFhXTXU.jpg

?

Perhaps thats only slightly misleading, rather than completely misleading?

Soldato
I am 25, brother is younger, lots of colleges and friends who have had experience of the EU, pretty much all bar 2 voted in. Just Like I am sure not all older people voted out. My POV and most friends and colleges of similar age, this is a train wreck.

Some experience yes, not the same as someone who is 40 or 60 though. The demographics show that those with most exposure to the EU as an adult voted out.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;29682859 said:
Tefal said all the guys there voted leave.

Whole thing is like turkeys voting for Christmas.

As posted earlier, if some people haven't seen it yet.

CltNYyKWAAANWMj.jpg

Soldato
It seems we've been voted out by a bunch of 60+ers, who feel threatened by immigration because "they're taking our jobs".

So the OAP's shouldn't vote because they will not be around long enough to deal with the consequences? Yet you think they voted out because they feel so threatened by immigrants taking their jobs and making what little time they have left unbearable?

Be interesting to see how many of this demographic are retired...

Caporegime
She made it very clear that there would be moves to hold another referendum.

And seeing the Scottish reactions and the fact that staying in the EU was one of the cornerstones of the Scottish voting to stay with the UK, I'd say Scotland is gone already.

Surely people weren't so naive to think this wasn't going to happen?

Oh wait.....of course they were.

So what was the point of Scotland wasting all that money on the first referendum? Surely they should have waited until after this one?

Suspended
Other bits will go to. It's do to with the relevant banking licenses and being able to conduct business in the EU. 2,000 jobs at £100k per person (salary and bonus) would equate to £30k per person in income tax, £16k in NI and revenue booked in Dublin instead of London. That's probably a £100m tax ticket out the window from just one employer...

Not being rude, but I don't accept those figures are anything like accurate.

Man of Honour
The reason why remain people are irate is because the country we live in will now fundamentally change. I accept that this is as a result of a democratic process but oeole are hardly going to shrug and say oh well are they? It's only natural that some will harbour feelings of disappointment especially given the 'wing it' nature of the Brexit argument.

Soldato
Some experience yes, not the same as someone who is 40 or 60 though. The demographics show that those with most exposure to the EU as an adult voted out.

What do you consider the same experience? I spent 2 years in Germany and France Living and studying. Likewise similar situation with lots of friends, brother is either there or living in Singapore. Pretty sure that's more experience then most brits have in regards to the EU no? Sure there will be older brits with more experience, but had a fair taste, and it did taste good :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom