Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Looks like there is a petition on the government petition website for another referendum, that 60% vote is needed if the turnout is less than 75%, to change things.

Soldato
All they want is to get those ridiculous overtime payments. I figured it good.

Why shouldn't they? I know women that will work up to 16 hours in a single shift trying their best to help as much as they can, imo if anything qualifies for high overtime it's A&E doctors and nurses.

Caporegime
even Farage appears shocked and is now backtracking on one of their major political stratgies, EU money saved to go to the NHS:

nigel farage publicly humiliated

That was quite cringe worthy interview and Suzanne Reid seem shocked too as he was so blatant - it wasn't a mistake, it was a lie.

Ooooh... there's a bruise that's gonna linger, no question! :eek:

Poor old Farage never dreamed he'd be called to deliver on a wildly populist promise. Reality just hit him in the face like a brick!

Associate
A lot of people have very valid concerns about the EU that influenced their vote to leave. There will also be many people who voted based on what they were told by politicians and will now find that not to be true (such as the £350m). There will also be people who voted out based on not believing the remain predictions which at least in the short term will likely prove to be true. In this scenario there will be people who feel they have been misled.

Equally if we had voted remain there would likely have been a similar period of buyers remorse from some sections of the electorate.

My view is that we have made the wrong choice as a country and we are stuck with it. My personal experience is that most people I know who voted (even the intelligent ones) didn't fully understand the implications of either option and for that reason I don't think this is a decision that should have been taken directly by the electorate. Decisions like this are why we elect professional politicians.

Despite what you might think from reading this forum the vote was very close. There is now a very real prospect of a broken up United Kingdom and I really am hoping we can find a way to heal and move forward together.

Soldato
Certainly not in the short term - you can already see that with the £v$ rates and how the markets are performing (not just our own). Despite some will say "it's fineeee they'll recover" well i'll eat my hat if they recover to pre-referendum (announcement) levels within 6-12 months.

I guess the most frustrating aspect i see is that as a country we've been working very hard to pull us out of the recession period and were just starting to thrive, and now this is basically a slide back down to the start of that progression.

I'm not saying the UK won't recover from this, i'm merely pointing out the fact that we were as a country in a very good place 12-18 months ago, and it's likely everyone will now have to go through turmoil and uncertainty again for the next few years.

Furthermore, the Bank of England have used many and most of the techniques available to pull the UK out of out recent recession and as a result they'll have very few tools left to use this time round.

Soldato
Ooooh... there's a bruise that's gonna linger, no question! :eek:

Poor old Farage never dreamed he'd be called to deliver on a wildly populist promise. Reality just hit him in the face like a brick!

Just watched that video as well.

I wonder how many people will be grinding their teeth on the fact that he's stated himself that he can't make that promise.

Associate
Why shouldn't they? I know women that will work up to 16 hours in a single shift trying their best to help as much as they can, imo if anything qualifies for high overtime it's A&E doctors and nurses.

They would only work for 16 hours repeatedly if the other's are lazy and not turning up for work. They should be paid per hour just like anyone else. But they hold public at ransom and demand monstrous payouts after willingly choosing that profession.

shame NHS i realise you work with NHS and you want your money. That is shameful. In UK everyone only cares about their own.

Associate
This has been posted so many times, its crap.

It would be political suicide. I voted remain and I'm not sure I could agree with parliament voting other than in accordance with the result.

The only way they will wriggle out is if there is a material change in the eu. Since that looks unlikely the result is the result.

Permabanned
Genuine question, we were bombarded about how exiting the EU would be in the UKs interest and that vote as we all know, won. Now i was genuinely surprised, the problem i am seeing everywhere is, so is everyone else. I don't actually think people believed this would happen.

Anyway, i really would like to know if this is a good thing for us, as i am reading some quite disturbing headlines ie GBP has dropped, bad news for overseas holiday makers, Government in turmoil and even Farage appears shocked and is now backtracking on one of their major political stratgies, EU money saved to go to the NHS:

That was quite cringe worthy interview and Suzanne Reid seem shocked too as he was so blatant - it wasn't a mistake, it was a lie.

Yes, things will calm down, the news is new and raw and lots of speculation - but will the release really be to our benefit?

What about the 3 billion that needs to be paid to farmers to compete with rest of europe or farming will die in the UK

Soldato
They would only work for 16 hours repeatedly if the other's are lazy and not turning up for work. They should be paid per hour just like anyone else. But they hold public at ransom and demand monstrous payouts after willingly choosing that profession.

shame NHS i realise you work with NHS and you want your money. That is shameful. In UK everyone only cares about their own.

Same can be said for railway drivers, It's an issue that needs attending, sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom